Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We're  'thin' in these positions:

- Goalkeeper  - ederson,  and 2 kids with 1 appearance  between  them.

- Leftback - Delph is a decent  standin but he has defensive  limitations (prone to the odd rick as last season vs Manu and vs Lyon when he gifted goals)

- Fernandinho  as stated above

Main man KdB is out. If Ederson was out it be game over for us he's  that important.

I reckon VVD is Liverpool's ederson; without him you'd be porous.

I reckon Delph was more than decent last season, he was brilliant, defends better than Mendy and Walker.

I think you will miss KdB in the big matches, but you will still destroy most comers without him.

VvD, and Firmino the most important players for us. 

58 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Salah?

Can't discount his importance but he was more important last season when we played full on high intensity football, with a lot of goals required to win. We don't need as many goals, we have other players that can score goals and are doing. He's not exactly on fire and we top of the league. We don't play the same as we did last season.

• Like 1

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Can't discount his importance but he was more important last season when we played full on high intensity football, with a lot of goals required to win. We don't need as many goals, we have other players that can score goals and are doing. He's not exactly on fire and we top of the league. We don't play the same as we did last season.

He was showing his hunger for goals in the game a week or so ago so I expect him to burst on the scene with a hatfull of goals again and there is no better place to start that than at the bridge. He was rusty at the start of last season and became better and better.

7 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

He was showing his hunger for goals in the game a week or so ago so I expect him to burst on the scene with a hatfull of goals again and there is no better place to start that than at the bridge. He was rusty at the start of last season and became better and better.

Nothing wrong with him, I just don't expect last season's heights, and it won't matter, which is a good thing, we are better all round. 

Nothing wrong with him, I just don't expect last season's heights, and it won't matter, which is a good thing, we are better all round. 

I expect 30 goals+ from him. Last season was just the beginning of salah I think.

Daniel Sturridge, absolute piss take that goal, demon.Aside that, Chelsea got away with a draw, Hazard did his job AGAIN.

Kieta did more in 5 minutes than Hendo in 80.

Great build up, but no finish summed that up for me.

At the end of the day Chelsea are up there as title contenders so we've got to be happy to get a point at the Bridge.

Decent match, bring the Stockport Hillbillies. 

• Like 2

On 9/28/2018 at 9:24 AM, jellydog said:

Don't know that Liverpool are all that far behind City as regards depth Carms. A major injury to Fernandinho would be an example. Also if the same were to happen to Aguero. City have very little depth in defensive midfielders, and Stones is definitely not the answer. And Gabriel Jesus is still learning on the job and not a fraction of the threat that Aguero presents.

Well when we are talking about depth, the need for it, the effect of injuries act lets not forget the African Nations Cup.  Then take a look at yourselves, Liverpool and Chelsea.  Thats another tough obstacle.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well when we are talking about depth, the need for it, the effect of injuries act lets not forget the African Nations Cup.  Then take a look at yourselves, Liverpool and Chelsea.  Thats another tough obstacle.

nah, the ACN has been moved to june as of 2019 carmine. we thought ahead about that. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, carmine said:

Sticking by my opinion Carms. I'm certainly not saying City lacks depth, but in two areas its not all its cracked up to be.

Just now, mrbojangles said:

Really enjoyed that match. Probably a fair result in the end. The quality shown last night says that this season is going to be a long hard slog

Really need our forwards to click into gear these next couple of games and go on a run of goal racking games. great substitutions by klopp. Brilliant to have Sturridge back, full of purpose.

11 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Really need our forwards to click into gear these next couple of games and go on a run of goal racking games. great substitutions by klopp. Brilliant to have Sturridge back, full of purpose.

Except that Sturridge could do a cruciate bending over to tie his laces.  

26 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

We've already beat Leicester away, then Spurs away, beat PSG, beat Saints, held Chelsea away, in the last 4 weeks.

If we get a draw or win at Napoli, and a win against City that will have been an incredible run. 

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

Can't remember now but I thought last year you did well against the top 6 clubs but fluffed your lines against the so called lesser teams?

That was the season before last. 

1 point away from home to top 6 last season

• Like 1

We've already beat Leicester away, then Spurs away, beat PSG, beat Saints, held Chelsea away, in the last 4 weeks.

If we get a draw or win at Napoli, and a win against City that will have been an incredible run. 

And it is very clear we are not firing on all cylinders. The run of games with big wins will come.

8 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Getting forgetful in my old age or the years are flying by waaay too fast. Next you'll be telling me that it was over a year ago since Joe Corrigan retired. 

I used to work with his son at Mottram Hall, decent golfer. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

And it is very clear we are not firing on all cylinders. The run of games with big wins will come.

Another International break coming up, a few lesser sides HUD away, RSB and Cardiff at home. Then you hit November and we have a run of 6 tough away games with Fulham and a derby sandwiched in at home, then Napoli and United at home before Wolves away on the 22nd Dec. 

I'd be happy with less energetic, controlled 2-0 nil wins all the way.