Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Torres might get injured a lot but what he brings when he does play can't be bought for love nor money. Any team that got rid of him voluntarily would be crazy, unless of course someone came along with a Ronaldo like sum of money - unlikely to happen i believe.

I could see City making a big bid for him.

The owners of Man City would make a bid for Stevie Wonder if someone told them he was a good player :)

Torres might get injured a lot but what he brings when he does play can't be bought for love nor money. Any team that got rid of him voluntarily would be crazy, unless of course someone came along with a Ronaldo like sum of money - unlikely to happen i believe.

Yes that's true. But even they i don't think would pay more than 40 - 50m. Would it be worth it for Liverpool? Normal circumstances i would say no, but I guess with the rebuilding job that's needed, perhaps it might.

if RBS force the issue in the summer then the club's owners might asset-strip, which could mean selling key players against their will and against the manager's will. even if someone offered a ronaldo-sized bid for torres, the manager would not have that money to re-invest in the playing squad, it would be swallowed up by the loans and the interest payments. as i keep saying, liverpool's problems right now are far, far larger then rafa benitez.

Yes that's true. But even they i don't think would pay more than 40 - 50m. Would it be worth it for Liverpool? Normal circumstances i would say no, but I guess with the rebuilding job that's needed, perhaps it might.

They would take it. Rafa could buy Jenas for 22 million, Bullard for 15 million and Cantwin Jones for 13 million : together they may play more games than Torre :) s.

The owners of Man City would make a bid for Stevie Wonder if someone told them he was a good player :)

Very apt, as Stevie Gerrard's nik used to be Stevie Wonder. :D

as i keep saying, liverpool's problems right now are far, far larger then rafa benitez.

Off the pitch there is no doubt. On the pitch is a different matter.

they're inextricably linked. he's undoubtedly made mistakes this season and has reverted to being too conservative tactically, but that doesn't change the fact that he wasn't allowed to do his job last summer because of their lies about the finances and as such he doesn't have anywhere near the squad he wanted to have this season.

Has anyone found a picture of the new Liverpool home kit yet? There advertising the new home shirt on there site but wont be showing it until 8th of April. Normally by now there's a leaked image of the kit somewhere on he web or in the Liverpool forums but i cant find anything. I buy my two boys every Liverpool Kit that comes out and because there both in baby and junior sizes ill need to pre-order as the smaller kits normally sell out right away. Wanna take a sneak peak before I pre-order and see what it looks like with the new sponsor.

Liverpool 3 Sunderland 0

Great movement, passing and commitment today.

Our last games don’t look to bad on paper, well if you compare to what Spurs, City and Villa have got. I am feeling confident we will get fourth taking into account the experience the lads have got from last seasons title challenge.

Maybe a Euro Cup to go along :)

Liverpool 3 Sunderland 0

Great movement, passing and commitment today.

Our last games don't look to bad on paper, well if you compare to what Spurs, City and Villa have got. I am feeling confident we will get fourth taking into account the experience the lads have got from last seasons title challenge.

Maybe a Euro Cup to go along :)

Too inconsistent for any league challenge. But I have a feeling you might win the cup.

The last one looks like Chelsea's current away kit a little - the one they have had very little success with this year.

The red one is the best of the bunch.

they're fakes. someone took some bayern munich shirts and a generic adidas training short or something and just photoshopped them.

The last one looks like Chelsea's current away kit a little - the one they have had very little success with this year.

The red one is the best of the bunch.

they're fakes. someone took some bayern munich shirts and a generic adidas training short or something and just photoshopped them.

no doubt. on this link http://www.winning.in.th/webboard/showthread.php?tid=5294 (scroll down) some pretty cool designs that look like from a video game.

I guess well find out on the 8th about the home kit. These are just mock ups with the new sponsor but if you click on the link I added below the original post you will see photos with the Liverpool logos but no sponsor yet. Although there not official adidas designs I think they could be genuine.

Your right about it looking like a Bayern shirt but we also used that diamond pattern on one of our grey shirts a fair few years back. I really like the away one as well but I'm not to keen on the 3rd strip. Way to similar to the current black 3rd strip.

The home shirt can be pre ordered now but they wont show us what it looks like until the 8 April, with probably a few sneak peaks of certain areas of the shirts leading up to the unveiling like they normally do. The release date for the shirt is the 6th May.

Great game last night, so nice to see us playing like that again.

I hate to say it but Liverpool looked good last night and that first Torres goal was outstanding.

Yep hands up, they were very good. I'm going out on a limb now but i'm saying it. They will qualify for the Europa.

More bad news on potential reserve players coming through.

Martin Kelly ruled out for the rest of the season! damaged cartilage.

Lets just hope we get to see Pacheco get one run out this season in the first team. Unlikey though given we have to win all our last games.

yeah shame for kelly, he's proving rather injury prone. hopefully he has a full summer to recover and then a decent preseason.

pacheco won't feature much again now this season dev since we have maxi, yossi, kuyt and babel for the wide positions. he'll have his day though, he's a massive talent.

yeah shame for kelly, he's proving rather injury prone. hopefully he has a full summer to recover and then a decent preseason.

pacheco won't feature much again now this season dev since we have maxi, yossi, kuyt and babel for the wide positions. he'll have his day though, he's a massive talent.

Thought as much Stevie, pity really wanted to see him have a taster of a few Senior games.

Here's one you Liverpool fans might like. It's from Martin Tylers column on skysports. People e-mail him about various stats. Here's one from a Liverpool fan:-

MAIN MINUTE MEN

Hi. I love your column; it's what I look forward to each week. So keep up the great work. I am a Liverpool fan (so obviously will have a biased opinion) and even though Rooney is scoring goals for fun this season I still think Torres is a far better player and a more complete striker. Torres has been injured most of the season but every time he comes back he starts scoring goals like he's never been away - as can be seen with him averaging almost a goal a game. So my question is who has the better goals-minutes ratio for this season? I'm guessing it will be close as Rooney has played 90minutes in most of the games whereas Torres has made a few cameo appearances for few minutes in games. Thanks a lot. And I really hope this makes the website (it would settle a few debates). Cheers. Saqlain Hussain

MARTIN SAYS: Well Saqlain, given the recent clash between Man Utd and Liverpool there has been a lot of debate about this, so it's probably a good time to settle the dispute - statistically at least. The Premier League website details how many minutes each players have played, but please note a full game is classed as 90 minutes - injury time is not included.

According to these figures, Fernando Torres has played 831 minutes less than Wayne Rooney. However it appears to be the Spaniard who has made slightly better use of his time on the pitch:

Torres: 18 goals in 1,641 minutes = 91.7 minutes per goal

Rooney: 26 goals in 2,472 minutes = 95.1 minutes per goal

As a point of comparison, here are the minutes-per-goal ratios for the other players to have scored 10 or more goals in the Premier League this season. As you can see, Didier Drogba is the next most impressive marksman, scoring once every 96 minutes. I think any striker would be happy with just over a game per goal!

Drogba: 95.8 minutes per goal

Tevez: 122.1

Defoe: 123.6

Berbatov: 139.7

Bent: 142.9

Fabregas: 145.9

Saha: 148.2

Lampard: 157.5

Malouda: 166.3

Agbonlahor: 224.6

Arsenal fans may be interested to hear that Robin van Persie's seven goals equated to 136.9 minutes per goal before his injury.

I think Pacheco could work better as the 2nd striker, but yes he could be a winger as well. I think he plays mostly in as a second striker in reserves though, right? I thought I saw him on the plane from Claire's iphone vlog, but I could have been wrong. Doubt he'll get a run out away to Benfica, however. Let's just hope we win 4-0 in a couple of hours and then Pacheco can start next Thursday. I'm dreaming, I know. This is almost like a Champions League match. Benfica have been amazing in Europa League and passing almost like Barca at times. I've watched a few of their games. It's going to be a tough test, hope we can come through though as I'd love to see another trophy!