Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Dalglish has had just two games in charge, one of which away to Man Utd.

True enough, but the premature slagging and jibes from the detractors would have i'm sure been equally matched by premature jubilation, hailing and "in your face", "get in there" comments from the Liverpool fans, had they gone and won those two games, don't you think?

Probably but then again if you had managed to undermine the last coach and you actions help destroy the confidence of the team as their fans did, you would want to make a point would'nt you.

That said, the behaviour of the supporters is not Dalglish's fault and he deserves a fair crack at the job, which i'm sure he'll get.

Probably but then again if you had managed to undermine the last coach and you actions help destroy the confidence of the team as their fans did, you would want to make a point would'nt you.

That said, the behaviour of the supporters is not Dalglish's fault and he deserves a fair crack at the job, which i'm sure he'll get.

I agree. I think though much of the comment from the detractors has been directed at the club and particularly the fans, rather than Kenny, who i think is just trying to do the right thing by the club he loves.

I agree. I think though much of the comment from the detractors has been directed at the club and particularly the fans, rather than Kenny, who i think is just trying to do the right thing by the club he loves.

True enough.

No need to quote the whole Quote Dev as i was highlighting the fact that he already seemed deluded, like a lot of you, into thinking you have a decent Team, when you quite clearly haven't..

MSingh, you honestly think United have a great team? They have maybe 3 or 4 class players, certainly no more than what Liverpool have, the difference being they are playing as a team

with confidence with a manager that knows whats best (not implying Kenney doesn't).

Most teams if not all would like to strenghten their team, Liverpool IMHO need 2 players for sure.

I think this Year is one of the least " great Teams " Man United ( i don't call thme United, we were United before they were ) have had for Years but that doesn't mena that they still won't win the League & maybe more too this Year..

& i'm sure any Man United Fan would agree..

But how can you honestly tell me they have no more class Players than Liverpool have ??

I'll go like for like.

GK >> GK = Liverpool win

Kyriakos/Skrtel/Carragher/Agger/Kojchesky/Johnson/Kelly >> Vidic/Ferdinand/O Shea/Brown/Evans/Evra/Rapahel/Fabio/Neville = Man United win

Jovanovic/Gerrard/Poulsen/Mareiles/Cole ?? Fletcher/Scholes/Carrick/Nani/Park = Man United win

Torres/N'Gog/Babel >> Rooney/Berbatov/Chicharito/Owen = Man United win

Surely you can't even argue with that, surely ??

What would be the position of those 2 Players you mention & who would they be considering your Transfer budget, whatever it is, hasn't been affected by the Hodgson pay off ??

7.5m GBP is about $11m USD at the moment though so you'd want to hope that wouldn't affect the progress of your Team, when your Sister Team is gettign this sort of $$ pumped into it wouldn't you ??

http://www.sportingo.com/baseball/a17047_red-sox-sign-crawford-million-deal

Got rid of the owners

Got rid of the manager

Ever thought it is the squad that rafa put together is the problem?

it's still the majority of the squad which finished second in season 08/09 but it's looking increasingly like benitez overachieved massively with the players he had.

i think we're in need of a major overhaul now and the owners need to get it right.

Dalglish has had just two games in charge, one of which away to Man Utd.

True enough, but the premature slagging and jibes from the detractors would have i'm sure been equally matched by premature jubilation, hailing and "in your face", "get in there" comments from the Liverpool fans, had they gone and won those two games, don't you think?

and what would be wrong with that? the club needed a lift, a massive one, and we got the biggest club legend ever back in. the feelgood factor hasn't happened thanks to two defeats, one expected and one not so much, but had we somehow won them both what would be wrong with the fans celebrating that?

we're in a mess, kenny's a short-term appointment and his first two games haven't been what we'd hoped, although the performance against the glams was encouraging. . . .if we lose to the ev on sunday then we're genuinely in a dogfight. and i'm not sure how cut out for it we are.

I think this Year is one of the least " great Teams " Man United ( i don't call thme United, we were United before they were ) have had for Years but that doesn't mena that they still won't win the League & maybe more too this Year..

But how can you honestly tell me they have no more class Players than Liverpool have ??

I'll go like for like.

GK >> GK = Liverpool win

Kyriakos/Skrtel/Carragher/Agger/Kojchesky/Johnson/Kelly >> Vidic/Ferdinand/O Shea/Brown/Evans/Evra/Rapahel/Fabio/Neville = Man United win

Jovanovic/Gerrard/Poulsen/Mareiles/Cole ?? Fletcher/Scholes/Carrick/Nani/Park = Man United win

What would be the position of those 2 Players you mention & who would they be considering your Transfer budget, whatever it is, hasn't been affected by the Hodgson pay off ??

7.5m GBP is about $11m USD at the moment though so you'd want to hope that wouldn't affect the progress of your Team, when your Sister Team is gettign this sort of $ pumped into it wouldn't you ??

http://www.sportingo...rd-million-deal

think your analysis of the two squads is fair enough, we're nowhere near at the minute and as i said above we are in need of a big overhaul. apart from torres and reina, it's hard to see any of the other players (excluding obvious youth like pacheco, kelly, ngog, wilson etc) ever getting any better as players. they've mostly seen their best days. we need a lot of work.

the hodgson payoff is nowhere near £7.5m by the way. news of the world balls that.

and what would be wrong with that? the club needed a lift, a massive one, and we got the biggest club legend ever back in. the feelgood factor hasn't happened thanks to two defeats, one expected and one not so much, but had we somehow won them both what would be wrong with the fans celebrating that?

Nothing wrong Stevie, just making the point to carmine that on the back of the two defeats, the rush to write Kenny off by the detractors was as inevitable as him being hailed as the club's saviour, as he no doubt would have been, had those two games been won.

As far as the club being in desperate need of a massive lift goes, will the fans ever admit to being partly the reason why it is needed i wonder?

Nothing wrong Stevie, just making the point to carmine that on the back of the two defeats, the rush to write Kenny off by the detractors was as inevitable as him being hailed as the club's saviour, as he no doubt would have been, had those two games been won.

As far as the club being in desperate need of a massive lift goes, will the fans ever admit to being partly the reason why it is needed i wonder?

ok, with you now. the 'saviour' thing was understandable and purely short-term, kenny's a means to an end. though i'm not yet sure what that end is going to be. but as i said to singher earlier in the thread, anyone slating or slagging off kenny dalglish while claiming to be a liverpool fans wants a word with.

why do you think the fans should take some blame out of interest? the fans have seen the club rogered up the arse for over three years by unscrupulous owners and have kept turning up and supporting the club. are you talking about them having unrealistic expectation levels or something?

No need to quote the whole Quote Dev as i was highlighting the fact that he already seemed deluded, like a lot of you, into thinking you have a decent Team, when you quite clearly haven't..

MSingh, you honestly think United have a great team? They have maybe 3 or 4 class players, certainly no more than what Liverpool have, the difference being they are playing as a team

with confidence with a manager that knows whats best (not implying Kenney doesn't).

Most teams if not all would like to strenghten their team, Liverpool IMHO need 2 players for sure.

I'll go like for like.

GK >> GK = Liverpool win

7.5m GBP is about $11m USD at the moment though so you'd want to hope that wouldn't affect the progress of your Team, when your Sister Team is gettign this sort of $$ pumped into it wouldn't you ??

It does look kinda bad when you put it like that. You would have to put Poulsen in there wouldn't you :angry: . I agree with the defence and the forwards but midfield I would argue the toss.

The 2 positions what we need to fill asap are a left back and a forward.

Reina

Kelly Skrtel Agger Aurellio

Glen Lucas Merieles Maxi

Gerrard

Torres

why do you think the fans should take some blame out of interest? the fans have seen the club rogered up the arse for over three years by unscrupulous owners and have kept turning up and supporting the club. are you talking about them having unrealistic expectation levels or something?

I mentioned this before and i know you denied it being true, on your part anyway, but i feel a section of the fans became so set on getting rid of Roy, they were actually willing the team to lose. Now i'm not denying that Roy did ultimately help bring about his own downfall by making daft comments, a couple of bad signings and some bad tactics, but that said, with the team he inherited things were always going to be tough, and he needed time - and i think had he been given it, come nearer the end of the season, results would have picked up. Fans were so dam_n impatient though, and quickly turned to Roy as the club's scapegoat. It was overboard and unfair, and the atmosphere and dwindling support helped drag the team performances down.

I'm all for giving the team and the manager crap during the week when it is deserved, but come those 90 minutes at the weekend, it's time to put differences behind you. Well, that's just my philosophy.

I'll go like for like.

GK >> GK = Liverpool win

It does look kinda bad when you put it like that. You would have to put Poulsen in there wouldn't you :angry: . I agree with the defence and the forwards but midfield I would argue the toss.

The 2 positions what we need to fill asap are a left back and a forward.

Reina

Kelly Skrtel Agger Aurellio

Glen Lucas Merieles Maxi

Gerrard

Torres

That's why i did put it like that..:D

I don't know, i disagree with you & i think most would with you saying the Midfield of the 2 Clubs could argue the toss, i think you clutching thin air there to be honest..

But LB & a Striker are a must yeah for sure..

To be honest, seeing as you are only surely lookign short term at the moment anyway, i would have thought Bridge could have been in your minds for the rest of the Season ??

& as for a Striker, everyone wants/needs one of them aye, but there generally isn't a magic fix for one, certainly in the January window..

I'll go like for like.

GK >> GK = Liverpool win

7.5m GBP is about $11m USD at the moment though so you'd want to hope that wouldn't affect the progress of your Team, when your Sister Team is gettign this sort of $ pumped into it wouldn't you ??

think your analysis of the two squads is fair enough, we're nowhere near at the minute and as i said above we are in need of a big overhaul. apart from torres and reina, it's hard to see any of the other players (excluding obvious youth like pacheco, kelly, ngog, wilson etc) ever getting any better as players. they've mostly seen their best days. we need a lot of work.

the hodgson payoff is nowhere near £7.5m by the way. news of the world balls that.

A LOT of work, a complete overhaull probably & that would mean you certainly have to write off the rest of this Season & even probably next Mate wouldn't you agree ??

What's the crack with the new Owners then Steveie, incredibly quiet start of Jan for you Transferwise or are they ready to back Dlaglish or hold off until the Summer & a new long term Manager is confirmed, then spend ??

Or are they worrying you ??

I'll go like for like.

GK >> GK = Liverpool win

Yep good point there Singhy :o:D!

Its certainly intriguing and I am worried it could affect investment into LFC in terms of spending on new players as you cant deny that they are both connected even if run as two separate businesses. Yes they have made a massive outlay in buying the club and writing off the debt so we can now start from scratch so to speak. The Red Sox from what I have read (myself not being a follower of the sport) have seen good success since Henry took over but in 2010 they struggled to make 3rd and for the first time in a while have struggled to keep pace with the NY Yankees - hence this sudden influx of cash on a couple of new players I heard 250 M US has been spent since Dec 2010.

NESV have been adamant that investment in players for LFC will be in the summer and they did say their time frame was 3-5 years to get LFC back to where we all want - challenging for major trophies,success on the pitch. And again they said January is not the best time in terms of availability of players at inflated prices but if the right players at the right prices are available they will do their best to get players in. This could be smoke screen to get expectations down and maybe in fact they are ready to sit down with Kenny as Henry is in town for the Derby and we bring in one or two signings. In reality I am not expecting much if anything this Jan. I am sure Camolli would have a list of players to show Kenny though but its up to NESV owners.

In reality you cant argue with that in terms of business as they have just come in - they might take a gamble and say we are not going to get relegated (you would hope!) so wright the season off get the CEO in (which is vital in transfers you would of thought in terms of budget allocation) and wait until the summer... BUT as a fan that's not what I want to hear when the club has made no significant investment in the past 2-3 seasons and I think the point has been made when we came 2nd under Rafa and G&H were in charge we should of gone on to invest in 3-4 World Class players.If you looked at the Spine of the team that consisted of - Riena, Carra, Masch, Alonso, Gerrard and Torres we haven't gone on from that! I would love to see 1-2 new quality faces and start the rebuilding now and hopefully still have some shot of a Europa spot and keep onto Reina, Torres who don't want to be scrapping it out and have no European games next year.

You make the point on the current LFC squad - I don't think any Liverpool supporter has been under any illusion about the squad if you did a comparison the other teams that now take up the top places of the Prem, our squad has always been weak and we have been punching above our weight for sometime but we used to have a strong starting 11 at least to match most.

The next games are massive - Everton and Wolves. And I am shitting it to be honest...

I am just hoping Kenny can get these lads lifted and playing to their full potential or at least get the defense sorted and some confidence back int he side.If we get a run of wins then we can put the past 6 months behind us. I for one think Kenny should be given 1-2 seasons I really do, I haven't seen unity in the club like this for a long long time. When he talks it just makes sense it just feels right fro LFC! lets hope he is backed financially. His knowledge of the youngsters right through the club has impressed me when he talks about them and I think he will be the manager to actually bring some of them through or give them a chance unlike Rafa and Houllier who overlooked our youth it has to be said.

Anyway If NESV take on a similar stratgery to LFC as they have done with the Sox I will be happy especially if you look how Henry adores the Sox and has a good relationship with the Sox fans, they have invested and done so wisely. I think they are coming up to 8 years of ownership nowand from the little I know of Baseball they have been very successful under Henry's leadership - 2 World Series, 550 game home sell-out streak and the Red Sox are now a International brand.

but it's looking increasingly like benitez overachieved massively with the players he had.

And that is exactly what a good manager does isn't it Stevie. He puts out a formation that best suits the players he has at his disposal and gets them to play out of their skins.

but it's looking increasingly like benitez overachieved massively with the players he had.

And that is exactly what a good manager does isn't it Stevie. He puts out a formation that best suits the players he has at his disposal and gets them to play out of their skins.

Agree mate fergie has been doing this for united for years,you can look at united over the years we have had some average players play for us but credit to fergie he gets the best out of them.

Got rid of the owners

Got rid of the manager

it's still the majority of the squad which finished second in season 08/09 but it's looking increasingly like benitez overachieved massively with the players he had.

i think we're in need of a major overhaul now and the owners need to get it right.

Last seasons performance seems to have been removed from the records. yes he might have over achieved in 08/09 but what about last season! Is that now taboo to talk about?

As i said, the team has been in decline since the early stages of last season. It started very clearly with Benitez, continued dramatically with Woy and has landed on Kennys lap.

Got rid of the owners

Got rid of the manager

Last seasons performance seems to have been removed from the records. yes he might have over achieved in 08/09 but what about last season! Is that now taboo to talk about?

As i said, the team has been in decline since the early stages of last season. It started very clearly with Benitez, continued dramatically with Woy and has landed on Kennys lap.

Their team's a mess with no real long term planning having been made.....I'd place that 60/40 the previous board and Rafa.

No make that 60/30/10 give Woy credit where its due of course. :D

Just a thought to fellow Reds... would you like to see us completely scrap any effort in the Europa Cup and just concentrate all hands on deck in the league now ?

You're a bit behind the times Dev.

Really?

Now we are past the group stages I know many are hoping for good run in the Europa Cup.

In the domestic league i would say the only season that the team ever overachieved under Rafa was the season you mention. What about the four other seasons?

Of course there was the Champions League, in which the team did well and did overachieve, but that's a cup competition, where if you get a good draw and combine it with some good one-off performances, you can find yourself in the final. I'm not belittling the achievement, i'm just saying that it's not always the best team that lifts the cup. Porto anyone?

My other point is, you say "benitez overachieved massively with the players he had", well let's not forget it wasn't just the players he had, it was in most cases the players he had himself signed. Had he signed decent players in the first place, perhaps success wouldn't have been reliant on them having to overachieve massively.

Perhaps King Kenny can learn from the Master and make his first Signing count.

SIR ALEX FERGUSON PLANS TO 'REST REFEREE HOWARD WEBB

Sir Alex Ferguson is planning to rest his star performer Howard Webb to prevent 'a needless injury' after his tireless work in yesterday's F A Cup victory over Liverpool . Webb awarded his own side a penalty, but he stood aside to allow a team mate to take it.

Mr Webb who secured his team's passage into the 4th round of the F A cup is said to be 'exhausted' following his Herculean efforts in providing his side with the winning goal by awarding them a 'completely deserved' penalty after Liverpool's Daniel A gger 'viciously kicked Berbatov in the head with a knife'.

Man United's 12th man Howard Webb, whose dressing room locker is right next to Rio Ferdinand's, said: "Yeah, it's a massive win for the me and the lads. The gaffer told us all in his pre-match talk to get in their faces, and work hard for each other. He reminded me to wait at least an hour before giving us a penalty or it could look suss, but I was just too excited and went for it a few seconds after I blew the starting whistle, however, I did wait a little longer than usual to send Stevie G off, to make up for it.

"I was thinking about taking the penalty myself, but then thought I should let one of the other lads take the glory for a change. It's a team sport after all, and I get embarrassed when people tell me I single-handedly win all the games I get picked to play in."

However, his boss, Sir Alex Ferguson is concerned that if he continues playing his star man in every game he'll pick up a serious injury or may get ehausted towards the business end of the season.

"Howard's a great servant to the club," said Sir Alex. " And he's a real role model for the younger lads. He's always first on the training pitch in the morning and the last to leave. He practices pointing at the spot, and sending opponents off for hours on end. But I fear if he carries on at the same intensity he'll pick up an injury that could see him out for months.

" A nd that's a risk we can't take. He's just too important for us, his ratio of games played to penalties given is almost one per match, which are amazing stats."

Manchester United's club shop has just released its sales figures which indicate that 'Howard Webb' is now the most requested name on the back of their replica shirts, and that if his popularity grows they may be forced to rename the Stretford End in his honour.

Okay I will get my coat :ermm:

Just a little fun...

BT :jap:

Perhaps King Kenny can learn from the Master and make his first Signing count.

SIR ALEX FERGUSON PLANS TO 'REST REFEREE HOWARD WEBB

Sir Alex Ferguson is planning to rest his star performer Howard Webb to prevent 'a needless injury' after his tireless work in yesterday's F A Cup victory over Liverpool . Webb awarded his own side a penalty, but he stood aside to allow a team mate to take it.

Mr Webb who secured his team's passage into the 4th round of the F A cup is said to be 'exhausted' following his Herculean efforts in providing his side with the winning goal by awarding them a 'completely deserved' penalty after Liverpool's Daniel A gger 'viciously kicked Berbatov in the head with a knife'.

Man United's 12th man Howard Webb, whose dressing room locker is right next to Rio Ferdinand's, said: "Yeah, it's a massive win for the me and the lads. The gaffer told us all in his pre-match talk to get in their faces, and work hard for each other. He reminded me to wait at least an hour before giving us a penalty or it could look suss, but I was just too excited and went for it a few seconds after I blew the starting whistle, however, I did wait a little longer than usual to send Stevie G off, to make up for it.

"I was thinking about taking the penalty myself, but then thought I should let one of the other lads take the glory for a change. It's a team sport after all, and I get embarrassed when people tell me I single-handedly win all the games I get picked to play in."

However, his boss, Sir Alex Ferguson is concerned that if he continues playing his star man in every game he'll pick up a serious injury or may get ehausted towards the business end of the season.

"Howard's a great servant to the club," said Sir Alex. " And he's a real role model for the younger lads. He's always first on the training pitch in the morning and the last to leave. He practices pointing at the spot, and sending opponents off for hours on end. But I fear if he carries on at the same intensity he'll pick up an injury that could see him out for months.

" A nd that's a risk we can't take. He's just too important for us, his ratio of games played to penalties given is almost one per match, which are amazing stats."

Manchester United's club shop has just released its sales figures which indicate that 'Howard Webb' is now the most requested name on the back of their replica shirts, and that if his popularity grows they may be forced to rename the Stretford End in his honour.

Okay I will get my coat :ermm:

Just a little fun...

BT :jap:

cheesy.gif

In the domestic league i would say the only season that the team ever overachieved under Rafa was the season you mention. What about the four other seasons?

Of course there was the Champions League, in which the team did well and did overachieve, but that's a cup competition, where if you get a good draw and combine it with some good one-off performances, you can find yourself in the final. I'm not belittling the achievement, i'm just saying that it's not always the best team that lifts the cup. Porto anyone?

My other point is, you say "benitez overachieved massively with the players he had", well let's not forget it wasn't just the players he had, it was in most cases the players he had himself signed. Had he signed decent players in the first place, perhaps success wouldn't have been reliant on them having to overachieve massively.

liverpool finished in a flattering high position of 2nd that year. If the rose titnted specs are removed and a little objectivy applied then you will see / remember that the writing of the subsequent demise was indeed on the wall.

Ofcourse for sure every team has and needs a degree of good luck/ fortune in games throughout a season. That season however they had massive amounts of luck without playing well. Lots of get out of gaol late goals on the back of poor performances.

indeed they flattered to deceive not overachieve.

you know im right ;)

Edited by highchol