Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Did Roy ever oversee a 2-0 victory to a 3-2 loss in 13 minutes against vastly inferior opposition (and no I don't mean Everton), then storm out of a press conference? Whatever Liverpool supporters think, I believe he is way out of his depth.

He's done his job, steadied the ship, now should be let go, in your best interests.

How can you possibly blame the manager for 13 minutes of madness, take your hat off and slip that brain back in mate.

How can you possibly not hold the manager partly accountable? Managers take the credit when their teams fight back in the last 13 minutes, why should they not take the blame, or at least some of it, when their team capitulates in the last 13 minutes?

Edited by rixalex

Yeah - I'm out and I'm proud (except after most matches).

I hold Prince Kenny responsible for the whole season mate, not just 13 minutes of madness. If Swansea finish above you I'd like to hear what you all say to that, given the money spent on assembling your squad.

And in here (below) - from the UK Daily Mail - it suggests Kenny's after another 50 mill.

Didn't Rafa go on a bender before he got the push as well?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2119655/Des-Kelly-Kenny-Dalglish-wrong.html

Did Roy ever oversee a 2-0 victory to a 3-2 loss in 13 minutes against vastly inferior opposition (and no I don't mean Everton), then storm out of a press conference? Whatever Liverpool supporters think, I believe he is way out of his depth.

He's done his job, steadied the ship, now should be let go, in your best interests.

How can you possibly blame the manager for 13 minutes of madness, take your hat off and slip that brain back in mate.

How can you possibly not hold the manager partly accountable? Managers take the credit when their teams fight back in the last 13 minutes, why should they not take the blame, or at least some of it, when their team capitulates in the last 13 minutes?

Can you tell me when KK has ever taken the credit for a win? I do hold him accountable for some things, but not for the total collapse of a team. blame the players and the lack of mettle, blame panic in knowing aloss ruins a chance of CL, blame Buddah, i.don't really care All i am saying is that realistically kenny had no control over it. Lets keep the blame game for real situations

Yeah - I'm out and I'm proud (except after most matches).

I hold Prince Kenny responsible for the whole season mate, not just 13 minutes of madness. If Swansea finish above you I'd like to hear what you all say to that, given the money spent on assembling your squad.

And in here (below) - from the UK Daily Mail - it suggests Kenny's after another 50 mill.

Didn't Rafa go on a bender before he got the push as well?

http://www.dailymail...lish-wrong.html

I too hold KK responsible for the whole season. But I;m a realist,and know that really we have too any under-preforming players (maybe hit and miss players would be more accurate.....unlike CA ) to get to the CL. We will remember this season for the games we lost that we should have won, which has far outweighed thethe games we deserved to loose (which have been too many). We also don't understand how we have dropped so many points at home. Sometimes our team selection and subs have been questioned , and rightly so. But we have also played some great football, and have also at times shown the belief that has been missing to often. All in all this season I have been disappointed, disappointed with the results and disappointed with the new signings. However I have not been disappointed with KK, I think we are a better team this year, even though the signings have not worked and we have had too many draws...and of course the league possition. But, I too believe that the position does not do us credit for the games we should have won (not deserved to have won)

As for des kelly, and most Journalists, I do not like them, they have too much ego and use their positions badly. They say, not what they feel or even believe. It is all about headlines, creating them and prolonging them. There is no comeback to them, and they know that and abuse that position. I believe that Kenny will always get stick off journalists because he treats them with the respect they they have earned i.e none. I feel exactly the same, they sensationalise and do not check facts (even though most papers have people to do that), as long as there is an appearance of truth that will suffice.

Actually the article was OK, but name dropping and regurgitating information isn't exactly difficult, is it. To be honest with you I would like to see Swansea crawl furter up the table, but I don't want them to overtake us, just to follow us as we climb the table over the next few weeks. Rose tinted specs they may be, but as football fans we should all be wearing them.

How does a football manager stand infront of the press and say theres no rhyme nor reason why your second goal should have been disallowed when it was one of the most obvious handballs of the season? huh.png

When you're a washed up manager in charge of a club in crisis.

And you forgot to mention the tiredness (poor little things) and injuries (which no team ever has had to deal with). http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17502776

• Like 1

How does a football manager stand infront of the press and say theres no rhyme nor reason why your second goal should have been disallowed when it was one of the most obvious handballs of the season? huh.png

And you forgot to mention the tiredness (poor little things) and injuries (which no team ever has had to deal with). http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17502776

Crisis?

Bit harsh me thinks.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

And you forgot to mention the tiredness (poor little things) and injuries (which no team ever has had to deal with). http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17502776

Crisis?

Bit harsh me thinks.

I think its more a case of Wigan played well. I also question whether its an advantage playing the relegation battlers at this stage of the season.

Edited by carmine

Just another demonstration of the current club mentality, that KK is spear-heading, of thinking that being loyal means being completely one-eyed. Yes, all managers and supporters are guilty of this to some degree, SAF being no exception at all, but there does come a point when you have to hold your hands up, or else it just gets very daft.

The funny thing about Suarez's knee in the back of defender and hand on ball, was that it looked to me like it might have gone in without all that.

And you forgot to mention the tiredness (poor little things) and injuries (which no team ever has had to deal with). http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/17502776

Crisis?

Bit harsh me thinks.

I also question whether its an advantage playing the relegation battlers at this stage of the season.

It's the very worst time to play them, especially when you already have won one cup, still in a competition for another and have no chance of getting in to the top four again.

The last two results have been disappointing, but no great surprise.

Crisis?

Bit harsh me thinks.

I think its more a case of Wigan played well. I also question whether its an advantage playing the relegation battlers at this stage of the season.

Agreed. As for the latter, not if your Liverpool.

Its kinda sad but I hope the comments made by Hansen ring true this season. Winning 2 cups will ease the pain for me.

Yes winning the Fa cup would bepulling the rabbitt out of the hat and you've a good draw in the semis.

winning both cups would be a season to conclude as a success with silverware whilst acknowledging that poor league form and consistency needs to be addressed sooner than later. Finishing where you are now, with no improvement in form and just the carling would in most peoples books be very disappointing on the high hopes that started the season.

I say this because i remember very well on here that regulars on this thread had "very" high hopes of playing CL after the end of this season and i see no reason not to believe that their feelings are reflected through anfield.

The answer lies in the last para of posting #8711!

I'm not saying Wenger is right - clearly not, since I want him out and our 2011 season foundered on playing for one cup too many (he later hinted heavily that he got it wrong pushing too hard for the Milk Cup last year). There are just too many games to play if you go full tilt at everything, unless you have a superhuman squad and luck with injuries, like Barca. I give the Milk Cup another 2 or 3 years before the opt out pressures emerge.

Still that does sum up Arsenal's strategy. They prioritize the CL and the League every year, two competitions they are not good enough to win, and disrespect the FA cup and League Cup, two competitions they are capable of winning. As a consequence they end up winning nothing.

So where is your evidence that Arsenal disrespect the FA Cup? I disagree with that.

The League Cup deserves to be disrespected and Arsene does what a number of top teams do - plays the rotation squad in the earlier stages and only brings in the A players in the later stages: still got us to the Final last year didn't it, so I challenge your disrespect charge. I fully agree with you if you are charging some supporters like me with disrespect towards that trophy - and it has nothing to do with trying to wind up you Liverpool guys.

Edit: to get rid of the bold font - looks like we've all taken to shouting at each other!

Edit again: Oh - it was just my browser - the apparent shouting went away when I pressed [Ctrl] [-] to get back to normal zoom.

Edited by SantiSuk

@Carmine^^^^^

Agreed.

I was also in belief that we would push for a top 4 finish (though not over till its mathematically imposssible).

I certainly don't believe in getting rid of anyone just after 1 full season of under performing.

Totally agree. I've said before that you might well win the FA cup and two trophies is not to be sniffed at and is what its all about isn't it?......winning silverware.

i've also said that a more sensible time to sit back and take stock of general progress would be at the end of the year. He'll almost certainly get as long as he wants regardless but i was suprised at how loud the boos were at the final whistle.

and yes, isn't it amazing how quickly a big lead in points can disappear!

@Carmine^^^^^

Agreed.

I was also in belief that we would push for a top 4 finish (though not over till its mathematically imposssible).

I certainly don't believe in getting rid of anyone just after 1 full season of under performing.

Agreed.... although KD should be careful. Afterall a manager is judged on a team's performance and Liverpool have been given the resources both in wages and transfer funds to be a top 6 team. One season can be seen as an aberration (and Kenny should be given every opportunity to put things right) due to 'luck, transition, performance in the cups, injuries, extremely large goal posts etc' but if we see a repeat next season and Liverpool are not firmly back in the top six (afterall it is called the top six because Liverpool are in it) then I suspect the owners will think it is time for a change and rightly so.

@Carmine^^^^^

Agreed.

Agreed.... although KD should be careful. Afterall a manager is judged on a team's performance and Liverpool have been given the resources both in wages and transfer funds to be a top 6 team. One season can be seen as an aberration (and Kenny should be given every opportunity to put things right) due to 'luck, transition, performance in the cups, injuries, extremely large goal posts etc' but if we see a repeat next season and Liverpool are not firmly back in the top six (afterall it is called the top six because Liverpool are in it) then I suspect the owners will think it is time for a change and rightly so.

Well if thats the funds/resources just for top 6 i think he's very lucky and i bet Arsene and wobbly chops and Pardew for that matter wish they been given wht he has. They'd have thought they had won lotto.

@Carmine^^^^^

Agreed.

Well if thats the funds/resources just for top 6 i think he's very lucky and i bet Arsene and wobbly chops and Pardew for that matter wish they been given wht he has. They'd have thought they had won lotto.

Well to be honest United, City and Chelsea all allocate considerably more in terms of both transfer funds and wages, so there theoretically goes 3 out of 4 of the CL slots. Wenger spends a little more on wages and has an incredibly expensive youth set up. Spurs have actually spent more 'net spend' on their squad over the last 5 years than Liverpool. Clearly Liverpool has spent a lot more than 7th which is Aston Villa and by a considerable margin. So realistically Liverpool has no excuse for being out of the top 6 and should be challenging for a top 4 position. Kenny was working off a pretty low base in terms of the quality of the squad when he took over.

The table looks grim this morning.

Indeed, Liverpool are still in 7th, though, at least we didn't move down. As it is, we are 8 points now behind 6th and also 5th which is a bit depressing. It's now a race for that 6th or 5th place for us, rather than 4th, as 4th is very unlikely given our form. 5th is unlikely as well, though we can get the gap from us to Newcastle to 5 points if we can beat them next week.

I think we'll play better next week. We just played 5 games in 14 days and obviously couldn't cope. Now we finally have a week's rest again. But then we start another busy stretch when we play Aston Villa.

I remember Kenny saying something at the start of the season about liking to stick to a squad of 20 as that's how he likes to do it. With us being in Europe next season, I don't see how we can cope without getting a few more players in, and real quality players at that.

Edited by Jimjim

As the League results go into freefall it is a lot more difficult to regard this season as a success by any measure. There is a lot of difference between comparing 5th (and say 5 points behind 4th) and winning the CC against 4th as being a successful year because it is progress compared to 10 points behind 4th last year. And our current 7th, 8 points behind 6th and a further 5 points behind 4th which cannot really been seen as progress by any measure with or without the CC.

In fact we have regressed over the last two years. Two years ago after 30 matches played we were 4 points behind 4th. Last year, even with the evil Hodgson in charge for half the season we were only 8 points behind 4th after 30 matches. We are currently 13 behind 4th.

As the League results go into freefall it is a lot more difficult to regard this season as a success by any measure. There is a lot of difference between comparing 5th (and say 5 points behind 4th) and winning the CC against 4th as being a successful year because it is progress compared to 10 points behind 4th last year. And our current 7th, 8 points behind 6th and a further 5 points behind 4th which cannot really been seen as progress by any measure with or without the CC.

In fact we have regressed over the last two years. Two years ago after 30 matches played we were 4 points behind 4th. Last year, even with the evil Hodgson in charge for half the season we were only 8 points behind 4th after 30 matches. We are currently 13 behind 4th.

And this weekend things could get worse you have Newcastle away and Everton have Wba at home, you could find yourselves taken over by your poor neighbors.

• Like 1

And this weekend things could get worse you have Newcastle away and Everton have Wba at home, you could find yourselves taken over by your poor neighbors.

Oh dear....the embarrassment of it! biggrin.png

This year has obviously seen no progress in league position, but the squad is stronger ,just not as strong as the money spent should have made it. We were also playing some good football in patches, unfortunately those patches seem to be getting smaller and smaller.

Cheers mate

This year has obviously seen no progress in league position, but the squad is stronger ,just not as strong as the money spent should have made it. We were also playing some good football in patches, unfortunately those patches seem to be getting smaller and smaller.

the league performances and results have been unacceptable. home form is laughable really. hugely disappointed with a number of the big money signings and with a lot of the decisions made by the manager too, which is where it really begins to grate. were we to win the FA cup as well as the league cup - which given that all our best performances this season have come in 'big games' is very possible - it would still gloss over a really poor league campaign.

• Like 1

the league performances and results have been unacceptable. home form is laughable really. hugely disappointed with a number of the big money signings and with a lot of the decisions made by the manager too, which is where it really begins to grate. were we to win the FA cup as well as the league cup - which given that all our best performances this season have come in 'big games' is very possible - it would still gloss over a really poor league campaign.

Very realistic assessment.

Where do you go from here ?