Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Hi lads

Scousemouse is still in sunny Liverpool and will be back in LOS sometime next week.

Fernando Torres is a LEGEND !!!!!!!!.

I thought your were back in LOS already. How is everything? PM and let me know mate.

apparently lescott is joining us from the blueshite

source is a famous journalist who works for a certain local paper. very well connected. always gets the exclusives first

"the elephant man, the elephant maaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnn, jolean lescott......."

theyll go f***ing mad if its true. ha ha ha

I saw on Sky Sports that liverpool are bringing in Sammy Lee as Ass manager

What do you Reds think about that?

Some Ass Managers never make good managers ,but are very good ass managers,

Will that apply to Little Sam?

TORRES WINS REDS AWARD

Fernando Torres is the runaway winner of Liverpool's player of the season award with a remarkable 78 per cent of the votes cast.

The Spain international hit a stunning 33 goals in his first season in English football, and broke the record for goals in the top flight scored by a foreign player in his debut campaign.

Club captain Steven Gerrard was runner-up, with 8.2 per cent of the votes while Argentinian midfielder Javier Mascherano was a close third with 6.9 per cent.

The poll, organised by the club's website named Ryan Babel as young player of the season with 80 per cent of the votes, ahead of Lucas in second spot.

Another striker - Hungarian youngster Krisztian Nemeth - won the reserves player of the season award.

No surprise really - what an outstanding season he's had.

Liverpool

Liverpool ready to turn to £12million Downing

06:36 20/05/2008

Liverpool Football Club could be set to turn their attentions to Stewart Downing.

Mail The Liverpool Journo

Leave A Comment On Our Message Board

Send This Article To A Friend

Rafael Benitez has made no secret of his desire to sign Gareth Barry this summer, but he has so far been met with fierce resistance from Aston Villa who have slapped an £18million price tag on their skipper.

This has led the Reds manager to look elsewhere, and it is believed he fancies the look of England international winger Downing, with reports suggesting an offer of £12million is in the pipeline.

The 23-year-old penned a new contract at the Riverside Stadium earlier this season, but the lure of UEFA Champions League football at Anfield is sure to tempt him into a rethink over his immediate future.

Philipp Degen has agreed a Bosman switch to Anfield

"When I received the offer from Liverpool, there was no doubt I would accept it," said the 25-year-old, full-back, set to star for Switzerland in this summer's Euro 2008 tournament.

"They are one of the biggest clubs in the world and I am looking forward to the challenge of establishing myself there and playing in the best league there is."

£15m Napoli star linked with Liverpool move

Marek Hamsik is a target for the Reds according to reports in his homeland

The 20-year-old midfielder has become a wanted man with his displays this season.

Hamsik joined Napoli from Brescia last summer and has since been linked with a host of top Serie A clubs as well as the likes of Chelsea.

"I cannot confirm nor refute this information," said the player's agent when he was linked with a move to Stamford Bridge recently.

Blackburn Rovers fight Reds for £8million winger

Blackburn Rovers Football Club are believed to have taken an interest in Albert Riera.

The former Manchester City winger has enjoyed a fine season in Spain with Espanyol, and whilst Liverpool are said to be keen on the £8million-rated player, Rovers may attempt to lure him to Ewood Park.

"I know that Mark Hughes has been watching but we've yet to receive any offers," said Espanyol's sporting director Paco Herrera. “it's possible that players will leave for a good price. Every player has their price.”

Liverpool target weighs up Lazio exit

Goran Pandev's agent believes his player would fit in well with a top European club

The Macedonian striker is considering a summer move away from Lazio, where his displays in Serie A and the Champions League have been one of the few bright spots in the season.

Agent Carlo Pallavicino told the Italian press: “Goran believes in Lazio, but he is disappointed with the way the season went.

“He’s really devastated by it. A while ago, we met Lotito but we didn’t give any ultimatum and no gun was put to anyone’s head

“But Pandev has grown a lot and could play in any big European team.”

Benitez delighted with Liverpool Bosman deal

Rafael Benitez believes Philipp Degen will become a useful addition to the Liverpool Football Club squad.

The Reds swooped to sign the 25-year-old Swiss international defender following the expiry of his contract at Borussia Dortmund, and Benitez is pleaded with his latest piece of business.

"Philipp is still young but has gained great experience from playing in the Bundesliga with Borussia Dortmund and on the international stage with Switzerland," he told the club's official website.

"He also played in the Champions League during his time with Basel and so is used to top level football. He is an offensive player with great energy and a winning mentality. His strength is going forward.

“I am confident he will prove to be a quality addition to our squad."

Napoli star plays down Liverpool move talk

Marek Hamsik has denied that discussions are imminent over a switch to Anfield

“It’s absolute nonsense,” said the 20-year-old Slovak star after reports in his homeland indicated he would be talking to the Reds this weekend.

“I don’t know anything about travelling to Liverpool on Sunday," added the midfielder.

"The fact is that I would still prefer to stay at Napoli.

"At the moment I am not thinking about any other possibility.”

Udinese coach: star is Liverpool bound

Andrea Dossena will be playing for the Reds next season according to his current manager

“I think that a deal with Liverpool for Dossena is on the way,” Pasquale Marino told Radio Kiss Kiss when asked about the left-back.

“Everything is going smoothly. The requirements are in place and the player has given his consent because he wants to test himself at an important club after the season he has had.

“Our director general was in England partly because of that just two days ago.”

Real Madrid enter race for £14million Liverpool ace

Real Madrid are believed to have entered the race for Liverpool Football Club’s Xabi Alonso.

The Spanish international midfielder is widely expected to quit Anfield this summer as he has become frustrated with failing to hold down a regular place in the starting eleven.

Juventus have made their interest clear but have so far failed to meet the Reds asking price of £14million, which has allowed La Liga champions Real to enter the running for his signature.

Bernd Schuster is determined to make a bid for the UEFA Champions League next season, and he believes the addition of Alonso could be a smart piece of transfer business.

Liverpool target considers Blues offer

Could Liverpool Football Club be about to miss out on one of their summer targets?

Rafael Benitez is said to be weighing up a move for soon to be out-of-contract goalkeeper Maik Taylor, but the player could now stay at Birmingham City after being offered a new deal.

"Talks have started with Birmingham regarding a potential new deal for Maik," agent Alex Black told Sky Sports.

"They have offered him a new deal and Maik is currently thinking it over before making a decision."

Hello Scouser! Sounds to me like Xabi is out the door. I think Stevie made them an ultimatum if I read between the lines correctly. There is certainly plenty of chatter going on about signings over the offseason. I don't know about you I do like the prospects in Germain Pennant and can you tell me why Rafa does not incorporate Crouchie into the mix along with Torres. It just seems to me for the amount of time Crouch spends on the pitch he does seem to bulge the onion bag more than the average bear. Not graceful I know but he is certainly a force and plenty of trouble for many a full back out there.

Look forward to you thoughts,

Canadian Guy

Hello Scouser! Sounds to me like Xabi is out the door. I think Stevie made them an ultimatum if I read between the lines correctly. There is certainly plenty of chatter going on about signings over the offseason. I don't know about you I do like the prospects in Germain Pennant and can you tell me why Rafa does not incorporate Crouchie into the mix along with Torres. It just seems to me for the amount of time Crouch spends on the pitch he does seem to bulge the onion bag more than the average bear. Not graceful I know but he is certainly a force and plenty of trouble for many a full back out there.

Look forward to you thoughts,

Canadian Guy

Sawadee Cap Canadian Guy :o

I've just finished watching " This is Anfield " , a great call in show for the fans on Liverpoolfc.tv and there was loads of talk of transfer rumours.

In my opinion I reckon we should keep Alonso. People seem to forget that he had 2 broken metatarsals this season and its pretty hard to find good form after that so I'm sure with a good pre-season behind him then Xabi will show his form of old again.

Also , we will be losing Lucus and Mascherano at the beginning of the season as they are playing in the olympics so that means we will be light in midfield , another reason to keep Alonso , though it does look like we will be getting Gareth Barry.

There have been rumours that we have been enquiring about Obafemi Martins but I personaly would like to see Robbie Keane at Anfield to help Torres out.

scousemouse :D .

Juventus confirm £14million Liverpool interest

24/05/2008

Juventus have confirmed their interest in Liverpool Football Club’s Xabi Alonso.

The popular Spaniard looks set to quit Anfield this summer after losing his status as a regular pick in Rafael Benitez’s side, and Juventus are keen to take him to Italy after missing out on Mathieu Flamini.

"Xabi is better than Flamini,” Juve sporting director Alessio Secco told Tutto Sport.

"He's (Flamini) a good player, but with the salary he wanted he would have unbalanced our situation. The Spaniard, instead, has characteristics that are closer to what we want."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also like Alonso he has had a rough go of it but from the sounds of this article it is not looking promising. Robbie Keane would sure look dam_n good at Anfield i can tell you that. We do not get too too much on the tube here in Canada I do try very hard to catch most Liverpool games though. How does Gareth Barry compare to Alonso and did they mention who the Swiss national

I also like Alonso he has had a rough go of it but from the sounds of this article it is not looking promising. Robbie Keane would sure look dam_n good at Anfield i can tell you that. We do not get too too much on the tube here in Canada I do try very hard to catch most Liverpool games though. How does Gareth Barry compare to Alonso and did they mention who the Swiss national

I have to agree that it's not looking good for Alonso at the moment. Gareth Barry is a steady enough player and a bit more defensive minded than Alonso. To get the Liverpool games you should check this out mate - Buy an e-Season Ticket for £44.99 ,

I have to agree that it's not looking good for Alonso at the moment. Gareth Barry is a steady enough player and a bit more defensive minded than Alonso. To get the Liverpool games you should check this out mate - Buy an e-Season Ticket for £44.99 ,

Thanks Scousemouse, we do get the Liverpool games live but it is difficult to keep up on the other players on the other teams as there is not a lot of people really up on the entire league to ask about specific non 'pool players. Of course we have the Man U bandwagon jumpers, Although there are not many Chelsea fans anywhere. "DogBreath" has no friends here either, I hate that guy. Your opinion on any of the transfer signings or rumours is much appreciated. Phillip Degen for example, will he break the top eleven? Or is he destined to the reserves orwhat?

Thanks Scousemouse,

Canadianvisitor

My entire family comes from Liverpool and have been doing my best to follow the team for the better part of my life. Father from Notty Ash; Mother from Norris Green. Came over after the War.

or wecould boycott e-season tickets and club merchandise until the two yanks are out?

Thanks Scousemouse, we do get the Liverpool games live but it is difficult to keep up on the other players on the other teams as there is not a lot of people really up on the entire league to ask about specific non 'pool players. Of course we have the Man U bandwagon jumpers, Although there are not many Chelsea fans anywhere. "DogBreath" has no friends here either, I hate that guy. Your opinion on any of the transfer signings or rumours is much appreciated. Phillip Degen for example, will he break the top eleven? Or is he destined to the reserves orwhat?

Thanks Scousemouse,

Canadianvisitor

My entire family comes from Liverpool and have been doing my best to follow the team for the better part of my life. Father from Notty Ash; Mother from Norris Green. Came over after the War.

Nice one Canadianvisitor :D

It's good to hear your parents come from Liverpool and nice to hear a few familiar places in Notty Ash ( Ken Dodd land :D ) and Norris Green ( but make sure to give Norris Green a miss on any visit's to Liverpool :D:o ).

Regarding transfer rumours so far it looks like Crouch , Pennant , Kewell and a few others are on the way out and Riise has already been told he will be sold if we get a suitable enough bid for him.

As for those coming in , Degen might be o-k. The latest rumour is that we are after Albert Rierra who plays for Espanyol. He had a spell on loan at Man City a few years ago and I think he would fit in the side well as he is an out and out wide player with a lot of skill and good footballing brain. Rafa has just had a 9.5 million pound bid rejected by Espanyol so it looks like a bit more cash is needed to get his signature.

I still like the thought of Robbie Keane joining us. When reading Robbie Fowler's autobiography I found out that Robbie Keane was minutes away from joining us from Leeds back in 2002 along with Lee Bowyer but the deal fell through at the last minute , so I would still like to see another Robbie at the club :D , not a Lee though :D .

or wecould boycott e-season tickets and club merchandise until the two yanks are out?

I can boycott the club merchandise no problem ( 40 quid or 200 baht for the exact same shirt :D ).

The e-season ticket on the other hand ............ :o ( I do live in Bangkok :D ).

I fully agree Kopite that they need to be out as soon as possible , but the longer this drags on the more I like to focus on the football team and not the politics. At the end of the day what is right for Liverpool F.C will happen to Liverpool F.C :D:D .

I cant see the yanks doing too much if any damage to our club. If they try I'll knock them out :D:D .

Hicks did the Montreal Canadians well over here. I am not too well informed but he seems to be the man in there for the right reasons. He was on a talk show on our sports network and said he would not sell to anyone who wasn't in it for the sport first; the money second. This was the reason he would not talk to the Dubai group any longer. But then again, talk is cheap.

Hicks did the Montreal Canadians well over here. I am not too well informed but he seems to be the man in there for the right reasons. He was on a talk show on our sports network and said he would not sell to anyone who wasn't in it for the sport first; the money second. This was the reason he would not talk to the Dubai group any longer. But then again, talk is cheap.

no offence like, but i dont know whether to laugh or cry.

Well don't cry that would only compound the matters for me. We do not get coverage over here. I am really relying on you and scouse mouse totune me up to reality. I will be the first to admit I haven't got any real information. Help. But don't cry. Laugh then, yes laaugh out loud, send info. I would do it for you.

Well don't cry that would only compound the matters for me. We do not get coverage over here. I am really relying on you and scouse mouse totune me up to reality. I will be the first to admit I haven't got any real information. Help. But don't cry. Laugh then, yes laaugh out loud, send info. I would do it for you.

internet? have a look on www.redandwhitekop.com/forum

plenty on there to educate yourself about all things libpool, including how strongly people feel regarding hicks and gillett and at what lengths people are going to get rid of them.

i personally cant express my feelings about the americans as i would receive a ban on these boards.

internet? have a look on www.redandwhitekop.com/forum

plenty on there to educate yourself about all things libpool, including how strongly people feel regarding hicks and gillett and at what lengths people are going to get rid of them.

i personally cant express my feelings about the americans as i would receive a ban on these boards.

I concur Kopite :o .

scousemouse has landed :D

Hi lads , back in LOS and up for some banter :D:D

That reminds me, I must buy some locking wheel nuts :o

And while your at it kurgen , make sure to give your bird a call :D

Sir Winston Churchill take a bow - that's the best "one-liner" I've seen in years B):D :D

So I am right then :o !!!

Liverpool are officially the best team in Europe. The Anfield club top the official Uefa rankings that are based on European performances over the last five years. AC Milan are a point behind in second, Chelsea make into third while European champions Manchester United only make it to seventh. (Sunday Express)

I've just heard Ryan Babel has done in his ankle ligaments and is unable to take part at Euro 2008.

Shame really as I was looking forward to seeing him play , guess I'll be supporting Spain then :o .

The report :

Injury rules Babel out of Euros

_44705714_babel_203.jpg The loss of Babel is a big blow for The Netherlands

Netherlands winger Ryan Babel will play no part in the Euro 2008 championship after he tore ankle ligaments in training on Saturday.

The 21-year-old Liverpool star had been expected to play some part of the team's final warm-up match against Wales in Rotterdam on Sunday.

And he was set to be a key part of Marco van Basten's squad for the tournament in Austria and Switzerland.

Van Basten has called up defender Khalid Boulahrouz as a replacement.

o.gifThe Netherlands are in Group C along with France, Italy and Romania for Euro 2008, which kicks off on 7 June.

Van Basten also has a concern over the fitness of Arsenal striker Robin van Persie, who has been on the sidelines since joining the squad last week.

However, Van Persie is optimistic about making his side's opener against world champions Italy on 9 June. "I am in the final phase of my recovery. I feel fit," Van Persie told NOS network.