Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Rodgers needs to come back to the real world.

Real world???

Have you been to Swansea? sick.gif ........biggrin.png

i have actually, about twenty years ago! Went there on a lads weekend, about twenty of us. Its a toilet of a place. sick.gif

You have a way with words. thumbsup.gif

We've only lost one in 11 now, with a small squad, lacking at least one finisher.

I think if we can get 10 points from the next 4 games, Villa, Fulham win at home, Stoke draw away and QPR win away it will put the owners in a position where we should see their true colours.

If we are in within 4 of the top 4 at year end then they should be investing as we have a sniff. Considering we really shouldn't be anywhere near a sniff of 4th and the fact that we are should have them digging in to their pockets to seize an opportunity that we thought wouldn't present itself for another year.

Got to love em, won their last two games, sitting in tenth place and the words " fourth place" start creeping into their post's, ahh bless em 6.gif

biggrin.png

We've only lost one in 11 now, with a small squad, lacking at least one finisher.

I think if we can get 10 points from the next 4 games, Villa, Fulham win at home, Stoke draw away and QPR win away it will put the owners in a position where we should see their true colours.

If we are in within 4 of the top 4 at year end then they should be investing as we have a sniff. Considering we really shouldn't be anywhere near a sniff of 4th and the fact that we are should have them digging in to their pockets to seize an opportunity that we thought wouldn't present itself for another year.

Got to love em, won their last two games, sitting in tenth place and the words " fourth place" start creeping into their post's, ahh bless em 6.gif

biggrin.png

"we really shouldn't be anywhere near a sniff of 4th"???. Oh of course this is a transition period and nothing is to be expected, forgot about that.

biggrin.png

"we really shouldn't be anywhere near a sniff of 4th"???. Oh of course this is a transition period and nothing is to be expected, forgot about that.

Now how long have we been hearing that about liverpool, should never have sack Roythumbsup.gif

Dissapointing result with a good opportunity to get more points on the board!

Its fairly obvious to me that Sterling, Allen and Gerrard need a break more so Allen as he looks absolutley physically and mentally shot! no idea why BR has not rotated him.

We should of taken 1 of many chances in that first 20 mins of the game but we just cant (as normal) and our final ball was dreadful at times.

For this style of play BR wants to keep implementing... the team needs to keep a very high tempo for it to work - the transition somtimes is so slow from defence to attack or attack to defence...and worse yet is when we loose possession we are slow to close down and regain any shape. How many times do we look open to the counter attack- why? Honeslty if anyone runs at the back four we looked terrified, slow trakcing from midfeild and the CB seem to stand of.

I thought Lucas might add stability to this area but the last game he looked way of match fintess (maybe too much too soon?)

- btw thought Villa looked a well organized and good counter side and surely will do ok this season.

Two wins on the bounce and 4th position creeps back onto this thread, one loss and the word transition is back here 24.gif

Two wins on the bounce and 4th position creeps back onto this thread, one loss and the word transition is back here 24.gif

People in glass houses, alfie - people in glass houses matelaugh.png

People in glass houses, alfie - people in glass houses matelaugh.png

40.gif I'm just stating the facts, Whats that got to do with glass houses ?

Edited by alfieconn

Its fairly obvious to me that Sterling, Allen and Gerrard need a break more so Allen as he looks absolutley physically and mentally shot! no idea why BR has not rotated him.

We should of taken 1 of many chances in that first 20 mins of the game but we just cant (as normal) and our final ball was dreadful at times.

For this style of play BR wants to keep implementing... the team needs to keep a very high tempo for it to work - the transition somtimes is so slow from defence to attack or attack to defence...and worse yet is when we loose possession we are slow to close down and regain any shape. How many times do we look open to the counter attack- why? Honeslty if anyone runs at the back four we looked terrified, slow trakcing from midfeild and the CB seem to stand of.

I thought Lucas might add stability to this area but the last game he looked way of match fintess (maybe too much too soon?)

- btw thought Villa looked a well organized and good counter side and surely will do ok this season.

I think you are absolutely right about Stirling and Gerrard needing a break. One for age, the other for his youth. Poor management by Rodgers over Stirling but in the case of Gerrard is there anyone to step up to the plate when/if he's given a rest? Not that i've seen so far. Lucas looked totally knackered.

On the matter of a much needed striker i would also be very concerned about the apparent LFC interest in the hugely overrated Sturridge. As a football journo called it today; if he's half as good as he thinks he is then he's probably twice as good as he actually is!

I thought Villa were excellent at anfield, and I quite fancy them to take something from the chav game next sunday too. thumbsup.gif

Edited by carmine

I think you are absolutely right about Stirling and Gerrard needing a break. One for age, the other for his youth. Poor management by Rodgers over Stirling but in the case of Gerrard is there anyone to step up to the plate when/if he's given a rest? Not that i've seen so far. Lucas looked totally knackered.

On the matter of a much needed striker i would also be very concerned about the apparent LFC interest in the hugely overrated Sturridge. As a football journo called it today; if he's half as good as he thinks he is then he's probably twice as good as he actually is!

I thought Villa were excellent at anfield, and I quite fancy them to take something from the chav game next sunday too. thumbsup.gif

Have to agree Villa looked excellent, and all credit to the club sticking by there manager, they are a young team and have the makings of a good side.

I was taking the piss you nob.

Was ya !!! it is said so often on here by your mob i thought you were being serious 24.gif

Was ya !!! it is said so often on here by your mob i thought you were being serious 24.gif

YOUR MOB!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR MOB!!!!!!!!!!!

<deleted> what kind of talk is this.

Have a care sir, although only an occasional poster I am Everton and Rangers.

Good job it's near Christmas, that's all I can say.

More rumours that you guys are buying Sturridge for 12m. Happy?

I am happy with any attacking options coming our way this Jan...

Do you want Torres back then?

Sorry, just re-read your post, you want 'attacking' options. My bad.

• Like 1

Do you seriously rate Sturridge?!!

Probably the most overrated striker in the league. You'd be better off going for Demba Ba or that Belgium lad at Villa.

Probably the most overrated striker in the league. You'd be better off going for Demba Ba or that Belgium lad at Villa.

The truth is not really... but it's at a point I can't see any realistic better options and we need some depth and a striker - yesterday already.

Never been that interested in Sturridge or imagined he would be a Liverpool target until the recent links... I remember when he did really well on loan to Bolton (looked a cracking player then) after that I havnt seen much of him until he had a spell under AVB at Chelsea but then he got dropped with change of manager and now seems to be 3rd choice striker. And everyone has negative opinions on him.

I can tell you most Reds are not keen on this signing from what I have heard and read also as opinions range from he has a bad personality and attitude and wont improve us or he isnt that (out and out striker) we are desperate for. Of course there are still the ones dreaming we are getting a David Villa or Cavani signing lol...

We do need a reality check ! Its Januaury and we have a limited transfer kitty (apparently) and what team would let their top striker leave now. Also they need to fit the formation BR wants which is essentially a front 3 and who can play wide or forward. You also know FSGs will be enforcing their policy of buy young...

I am still to be convinced that BR is the right manager or how his transfers will pan out! but he is getting time by the fans, thats for sure.

And if he has identified Sturridge as the player that will improve our squad and can add goals then let's give him the support.

"If he was half the player he thinks he is, he would be twice as good"

Edited by BangrakBob

He's selfish, he will waste chances, BUT he will score you goals.

When he played for Bolton his record was 12 appearances 8 goals 0 assists.

When he was a regular at Chelsea it was 43 13 7.

So in 55 appearances that's 21 goals and 7 assists. Not a superstar, but certainly not a donkey.

*the stats are from wiki and it doesn't say if those appearances include subs.

I would say wait it out until the end of the season as I don't really like or rate Sturridge ( even though I think his returns are OK). i believe there are better options out there, but unless we unearth one through our scouts or we find a striker who wants to play with Suarez, I don't think our chances of getting a top striker will change next window. I would prefer Ba or Benzeke (crap spelling) over him. Buit still really want somebody in the box all game to poach and head in goals

Buit still really want somebody in the box all game to poach and head in goals

You mean like Carroll? The decision to loan him out hasn't started making more sense with the passing of time, has it... although i guess now he's injured we can pretend we all knew that was going to happen...

Seems like a similar cock up with Ince. Get shot of him for a few pennies and now trying to buy him back at a ten-fold increase or something like that. Heads should be rolling surely...

You mean like Carroll? The decision to loan him out hasn't started making more sense with the passing of time, has it... although i guess now he's injured we can pretend we all knew that was going to happen...

Seems like a similar cock up with Ince. Get shot of him for a few pennies and now trying to buy him back at a ten-fold increase or something like that. Heads should be rolling surely...

As i have said before Liverpool should go for Demba Ba and if Rodgers can't see it he's a mug. As the owners show little signs of wanting to make any substantial investment in the club he makes more sense than Sturridge especially as he's a better striker compaired with dog average Dean with inflated chav wages.

• Like 1

As i have said before Liverpool should go for Demba Ba and if Rodgers can't see it he's a mug. As the owners show little signs of wanting to make any substantial investment in the club he makes more sense than Sturridge especially as he's a better striker compaired with dog average Dean with inflated chav wages.

Demba Ba is a quality striker... but maybe not one for longterm?

Tell you what Carmine if you have the time watch this recent fan interview with BR he certainly recognises issues fans are talking about and answers a bit about (to some extent) tactics, personnel and yes the type signings he wants.

Thanks, i shall listen to it tomorrow.

Thing is, whoever you get must be bought with a view to linking well with Suarez, is something we all agree on.

I think Ba would and i think Sturridge and his "playing for myself" attitude would do nothing other than really piss him off.