Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

Emre Can played at the back for Germany U.21, so he's used to playing in this position.

And he is doing a good job, but you could see when he started to press forward on Wednesday we could do with him being a little further up the field. The vision and pass to Sterling for the goal was top draw.

Edited by BangrakBob

Got out of jail again las tnight, bring on Crystal Palace.

Think Can will be better in midfield,

Also would be happier with a 4-2-3-1 formation

Great being the armchair manager but frustrating sometimes

Another one has just come out of the woodwork, AMAZING laugh.png

Don't be such a spoilsport Alfie. It's a big achievement for them: beating ten men of a mid table Championship team. I hope someone sends Neil Danns a couple of tickets if they reach the final.

My starting 11 tomorrow;

Migs

Can Skrtel Sakho

Sterling Lucas Hendo Moreno

Stevie Phil

Dan

Not bad, not bad at all Bob.

Reckon he'll start with Markovic instead of Sturridge (obviously sterling plays in the No.9 role).

Sturridge will come on for Stevie who will get a standing ovation after his 2 goals then Sturridge heaps more misery on the blue sh!te and bangs another 2 inn.

Happy days.

• Like 2

My starting 11 tomorrow;

Migs

Can Skrtel Sakho

Sterling Lucas Hendo Moreno

Stevie Phil

Dan

You may be right Bob , I would go with Sturridge , Stevie & Jordan Ibe coming on with 30 mins to go . If I remember rightly Daniel murdered the bitters last season when he came on as an impact sub . Him , Ibe & Raheem should have far too much pace for them especially when they are tiring . Off topic I got up this morn . 02:30 to watch the Wales vs England game , altho made up with the win Rugby union is a terrible spectator sport unless you have played the game .

• Like 1

1 shot on target and set up to not lose at home, poofs!

Emre Can was phenomenal

Average match...

Thought this was our worst performance for 2 mths . What was wrong with Jordan Ibe for the first 30 mins . he did nothing but pass the ball back , when he decided to go forward he hit the post with a rasper. If there is one thing I dislike since Rodgers took over it is this inter-passing between the defenders , my heart was in my mouth every time Mingo rolled the ball out to Sahko , who for me had a poor game . It sums up the way we we played , when I was quite happy with a 0-0 final score . You are right about Can tho` I reckon he should now take over from Stevie in a forward role .

The Bitters parked the bus...Martinez seemed very happy with that result in his post match, that just about sums up their ambition.

Massive game for us on Tuesday a must win !

Yes it is a massive game on tuesday night. Our 41st actually! Both teams will be going for the win. Could be a classic.

The Bitters parked the bus...Martinez seemed very happy with that result in his post match, that just about sums up their ambition.

Yes it is a massive game on tuesday night. Our 41st actually! Both teams will be going for the win. Could be a classic.

You made a point about how many games you've played before the Arsenal match also, but this will be our 39th match so only 2 games difference over the season is neither here nor there as an excuse when you lose wink.png

• Like 1

Emre Can was phenomenal

Average match...

Thought this was our worst performance for 2 mths . What was wrong with Jordan Ibe for the first 30 mins . he did nothing but pass the ball back , when he decided to go forward he hit the post with a rasper. If there is one thing I dislike since Rodgers took over it is this inter-passing between the defenders , my heart was in my mouth every time Mingo rolled the ball out to Sahko , who for me had a poor game . It sums up the way we we played , when I was quite happy with a 0-0 final score . You are right about Can tho` I reckon he should now take over from Stevie in a forward role .

Never an easy match to gauge fons, either it will be a cracker or a frustrating stale mate. To be fair to Ibe he only got word of his start 24 hours before the match, he was playing our of position and debuting in a big, big match.

That's how good Lucas has been for us of late, the passing at the back has been good. As soon as he went off last night the back 3 had less time on the ball.

You made a point about how many games you've played before the Arsenal match also, but this will be our 39th match so only 2 games difference over the season is neither here nor there as an excuse when you lose wink.png

Bob , I watched the Spurs vs Arsenal game to pass the time before our game , neither team impressed me , I was hoping it would be a draw . Thought Spurs just did enough to deserve their win . Harry Kane got both Spurs goals but cannot say I was that impressed with him . Thought the Arsenal keeper was very poor . But Tuesday is a must win .

• Like 1

Emre Can was phenomenal

Average match...

Never an easy match to gauge fons, either it will be a cracker or a frustrating stale mate. To be fair to Ibe he only got word of his start 24 hours before the match, he was playing our of position and debuting in a big, big match.

That's how good Lucas has been for us of late, the passing at the back has been good. As soon as he went off last night the back 3 had less time on the ball.

Yeah Bob , If Lucas is injured the holding mid role becomes our weakest position , Joe Allen really is poor , Stevie is a shadow of his former self . If I was Brendan I would take a chance & play Emre Can there ,until Lucas is fit . Can was really outstanding when he moved forward in the Bolton game . & this really is a game we have to win .

Bob , I watched the Spurs vs Arsenal game to pass the time before our game , neither team impressed me , I was hoping it would be a draw . Thought Spurs just did enough to deserve their win . Harry Kane got both Spurs goals but cannot say I was that impressed with him . Thought the Arsenal keeper was very poor . But Tuesday is a must win .

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Piers Morgan has infiltrated biggrin.png

I'm not sure, but I remember there was an analogy made to Sterling that he was likened to Marc Overmars. But with the emergence of Emre Can, it got me thinking who he is reminds me of? Maybe a Ronald Koeman? He has not got the pace needed for midfield general, but his vision and power are somewhat similar.

According to the Express Stirling , Coutinho & Lucas all doubtful for tomorrows game vs Spurs Could be a big reshuffle my starting 11 :-

Mingo

Toure Skrtel Sakho

Can

Markovic Hendo Moreno

Lallana

Ibe Sturridge

not a bad starting 11 but the bench will not be so hot .

Edited by fonsboy

According to the Express Stirling , Coutinho & Lucas all doubtful for tomorrows game vs Spurs Could be a big reshuffle my starting 11 :-

Mingo

Toure Skrtel Sakho

Can

Markovic Hendo Moreno

Lallana

Ibe Sturridge

not a bad starting 11 but the bench will not be so hot .

Danny Rose bombing down the wing at Kolo makes me a bit twitchy....

Not bad on paper fella but what a blow if those 3 are out though