Liverpool F.c.

scousemouse

How do you Liverpool fans on here feel about that 'celebration', 'thank you crowd' or however you'd call it? A bit embarrassing and alien to British football culture I reckon. I do hope it doesn't happen anywhere again.

it's just different. everyone i know who was at the match enjoyed it. and they're all long term arl arse season ticket lads.

and british football culture could probably use a few more alien things to it. like reasonable ticket prices, cheap travel to away matches, being allowed to have a beer while you're watching the match etc. british football culture is pretty sh*te compared to lots of europe to be honest.

• Like 2

Well it was obviously a good...er..... draw.

That was not a celebration, that was a thank you to the fans for lifting the atmosphere as requested by Klopp pre-match.

Still a bit weird after a draw, but if it keeps the fans motived to push the team on then that can only be a good thing.

It wasn't unusual to see this after a draw or a loss when Klopp was at Dortmund. Maybe still happening without him.

correct, happens regularly at dortmund. something english football fans and journalists might have known about if there weren't so many parochial knobheads around. manager and players saying thank you to the supporters for a great atmosphere - how dare they.

Players being told to say thank you to the supporters for a great atmosphere.

It's not like players don't go up to their fans now and applaud them is it?

Just this contrived, artificial showboating that looks stupid, especially after a draw.

What next, are we going to see all the mickey mousers bouncing up and down all game?

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

Klippety needs to keep more of a low profile, managers are best keeping in the background, not encouraging silly antics.

As for not shaking hands with Pulis !!! disgusting state of affairs and no place for bad sportsmanship in our game.

Footnote : You wouldn't have seen Shanks acting like a pillock sad.png

Edited by alfieconn

That was not a celebration, that was a thank you to the fans for lifting the atmosphere as requested by Klopp pre-match.

Still a bit weird after a draw, but if it keeps the fans motived to push the team on then that can only be a good thing.

It wasn't unusual to see this after a draw or a loss when Klopp was at Dortmund. Maybe still happening without him.

correct, happens regularly at dortmund. something english football fans and journalists might have known about if there weren't so many parochial knobheads around. manager and players saying thank you to the supporters for a great atmosphere - how dare they.

Players being told to say thank you to the supporters for a great atmosphere.

It's not like players don't go up to their fans now and applaud them is it?

Just this contrived, artificial showboating that looks stupid, especially after a draw.

What next, are we going to see all the mickey mousers bouncing up and down all game?

still nice to say thanks to the fans for creating a great atmosphere in the ground though isn't it chicog? arsenal players and managers should be so lucky.

i don't have a problem with it. nor do i expect to see it every game. in the scheme of football things it's nothing, bit of fun, no big deal either way. plenty of bigger deals to focus on.

• Like 1

Klippety needs to keep more of a low profile, managers are best keeping in the background, not encouraging silly antics.

As for not shaking hands with Pulis !!! disgusting state of affairs and no place for bad sportsmanship in our game.

Footnote : You wouldn't have seen Shanks acting like pillock sad.png

Depends on the manager's personality and what works best for his team. One of the reasons Klopp has achieved what he has a manager was not done by keeping a low profile.

"Encouraging silly antics" I didn't see too much tom foolery, or slapstick comedy going on yesterday, not sure what you mean.

"disgusting state of affairs" he didn't take a dump in his sandwich...get a grip man!

In the heat of the moment, when adrenaline is coursing through the veins, <deleted> you type of behaviour happens in sport all the time. And to be fair Pulls had his Don Levy hat on yesterday.

• Like 2

Stevie...I don't get it, Klopp and the players were saluting the Liverpool fans for what exactly?

For staying to the end biggrin.png

Exactly. It wasn't long ago that Klopp spoke negatively about fans leaving early. Just some appreciation for the more stalwart Kopites.

Shaking hands, if you don't really mean it, is total hypocrisy.Klopp and Pullis tend to wear their hearts on their sleeves, nothing wrong with that, and who is to say they didnt, or couldnt get together, when things cooled down and the media were not scrutinising every move.

As a player if someone is kicking krap out of you all match are you going to say thanks ,good game ,love you......not in my time.

Same with this pre game hand shaking ritual ,just for TV, meaningless, and just a photo opportunity.

spot on. pulis and klopp had a falling out during the match over gardner's horror challenge on lovren, why would klopp play all nice at the end of the match and shae pulis's hand all of a sudden? it's nonsense and as you say mate a pure media contrivance, a photo opp.

Stevie...I don't get it, Klopp and the players were saluting the Liverpool fans for what exactly?

Did you not bother reading the 6 or so posts previous to you asking the question earlier?

Actually I think you read the opposing posts but chose to ignore the obvious answer to them, which was, yes it was embarrassing. ;-)

]

I guess you have had to stood on the Kop to understand....

Oh yeah ;-)

]

Oh yeah,what? Have you stood on the Kop? I wont go into where you stand or have stood supporting city I could not care .This is about LFC ,remember that.*

Woow, the mystical Kop! ;-)

Almost as good as the one on the ManU forum this week "we are Man United"..

]

Footnote : You wouldn't have seen Shanks acting like pillock sad.png

Depends on the manager's personality and what works best for his team. One of the reasons Klopp has achieved what he has a manager was not done by keeping a low profile.

"Encouraging silly antics" I didn't see too much tom foolery, or slapstick comedy going on yesterday, not sure what you mean.

"disgusting state of affairs" he didn't take a dump in his sandwich...get a grip man!

In the heat of the moment, when adrenaline is coursing through the veins, <deleted> you type of behaviour happens in sport all the time. And to be fair Pulls had his Don Levy hat on yesterday.

Grown men holding hands facepalm.gif it might not be where you come from Bob but where i come from that's called silly antics laugh.png

Edited by alfieconn