The Nutritional Value Of...

Doza

Is there any real nutritional value in the above food items or is it basically just filling up your stomach?

Obviously lettuce doesn't fill you up but is there any good in it?

Hi Doza

Lettuce may not fill you up but when it digests in your stomach it creates acids which kill the harmful bacteria that give you Dehli Belly!! :o

TBWG :D

of course there is a lot nutritinal value, lot of energie, carbohydrates, fat......

Is there any real nutritional value in the above food items or is it basically just filling up your stomach?

Obviously lettuce doesn't fill you up but is there any good in it?

It's easy for something to get labelled as "junk food" just because it's fast food, or highly processed. You can make a case that a deluxe pizza contains the primary food groups, and that hamburgers provide a lot of protein. The body actually needs some fat, some salt (but not the quantities that are found in a solid diet of just junk food).

Aren't some kinds of lettuce full of flavonoids are those thingies that resist cancer? And is lettuce good for roughage?

White bread has been robbed of certain natural elements, but isn't it then re-fortified? Are the pork sausages at 7-11 any worse than what Somchsapat sells on the street kerb?

The worst health food fantatics I've ever known were quite unhealthy and weak, but not all of them were. I'm a terrible eater of junk food, but I'm in great health except for falling off motorcycles in foreign countries.

yeah, if you for example only eat vegetables with a lot fibre but without much energy, the junk food burger would be the perfect thing to be balanced.

if you are a health food fanatic, all the time serious about the food you live shorter than the worst junk eater.....

by the way a good pizza is not in the group of junk:

add some whole?????? everything flour (sorry for my english but I think you get what I mean) (my favorite is 50 whole ???? flour and 50 % durum and let it stay with wheat at least 1.15 hour and let it rise big, because it make it more tasty.

as oil of course only olive oil

a lot of tomatos and onion

cheese, a high quality cheese, good brand....

if you like, some fish

some sausage but not the cheapest you get at cheap factory sausage supply, some real good one

garlic garlic and more garlic

It's easy for something to get labelled as "junk food" just because it's fast food, or highly processed. You can make a case that a deluxe pizza contains the primary food groups, and that hamburgers provide a lot of protein. The body actually needs some fat, some salt (but not the quantities that are found in a solid diet of just junk food).

Aren't some kinds of lettuce full of flavonoids are those thingies that resist cancer? And is lettuce good for roughage?

White bread has been robbed of certain natural elements, but isn't it then re-fortified? Are the pork sausages at 7-11 any worse than what Somchsapat sells on the street kerb?

The worst health food fantatics I've ever known were quite unhealthy and weak, but not all of them were. I'm a terrible eater of junk food, but I'm in great health except for falling off motorcycles in foreign countries.