Certificate Of Residency - Cm Immigration - On A Bad Day

Unless on extensions of stay some immigration offices will not issue certificate.

Which might be the reason they said no.

Or a new policy because of the work load they are currently experiencing.

Edited by ubonjoe

Unless on extensions of stay some immigration offices will not issue certificate.

Which might be the reason they said no.

Or a new policy because of the work load they are currently experiencing.

Nonthaburi stopped issuing about Last September.

happysoul, I suggest to go to the district office and see if they can give you a certificate. Theoretically, foreigners should get a yellow house registration book (TM.13) and this is an option you can take up with the district office if they won't write a simple certificate of residence.

• Like 1

happysoul, I suggest to go to the district office and see if they can give you a certificate. Theoretically, foreigners should get a yellow house registration book (TM.13) and this is an option you can take up with the district office if they won't write a simple certificate of residence.

Correction...

Theoretically, foreigners may be able to get a yellow Tabien Baan from their District Office...not should...

Our district office will only reluctantly give them to Condo Owners.

Correction...

Theoretically, foreigners may be able to get a yellow Tabien Baan from their District Office...not should...

I got mine in Nonthaburi Today ...... Quite some paperwork involved and two days of running around... I'll write up what I had to do in a day or so ... So look out for ...a topic entitled .... My Paper Trail for an IDP .............

...Theoretically, foreigners may be able to get a yellow Tabien Baan from their District Office...not should...

Well, it is after all only a law in Thailand that says that district offices shall (not may) issue the yellow tabien baan to foreigners, and we know how some laws are arbitrarily respected. Hence the theory that you should be able to get it.

Civil Registration Act BE 2534 (1991) updated with Act No. 2 BE 2551 (2008) - Section 38 - th&en.pdf

Be kind to the people at your district office and tell them where they can seek help if they don't know how to do it, ie from the Director of Central Registration.

I managed to get my little yellow house book, but only because the lovely lady, I call "mum" went and got the chief of the district to come and sign papers saying I was staying in a house in his district and she is the owner of the house I am living. I am actually renting the house, so I technically should not have this book but it is not what you know, but who you know and show respect to them.

In my opinion, you have the right to a tabien baan. This document is not tied to ownership of the place where one lives. It is a census record of who lives at what address, starting with the head of the household and followed by all other members of the household.

I managed to get my little yellow house book, but only because the lovely lady, I call "mum" went and got the chief of the district to come and sign papers saying I was staying in a house in his district and she is the owner of the house I am living. I am actually renting the house, so I technically should not have this book but it is not what you know, but who you know and show respect to them.

That is the normal process. The house owner must give permisison to be entered on the Household registration and the local head of the municipality (not the district) also has to sign for the registrar at the amphur to issue the yellow book.

Thanks to all for you input.

When I did the drivers licence (1 year) in March in CM, I had to give that residence certificate as proof of address, as it is on the drivers licence.

Now bought another car, wanted to have it in my name, that's the reason for wanting a new certificate. Tried without, but the man at the vehicle's office said "not possible". I needed a proof of address.

The embassy of my country doesn't issue such paper for people that are not registered with them, which is my case.

So the next step will be to try to get a yellow tambien baan once we get the normal one for our house that is being built.

Cheers, have a nice day

When I did the drivers licence (1 year) in March in CM, I had to give that residence certificate as proof of address, as it is on the drivers licence.

Now bought another car, wanted to have it in my name, that's the reason for wanting a new certificate. Tried without, but the man at the vehicle's office said "not possible". I needed a proof of address.

The embassy of my country doesn't issue such paper for people that are not registered with them, which is my case.

So the next step will be to try to get a yellow tambien baan once we get the normal one for our house that is being built.

Cheers, have a nice day

Bad news. You need a Certificate of Residences to get a yellow Ta Bian Ban.

Cheers, have a nice day

incorrect

Cheers, have a nice day

incorrect

If I remember correctly I obtained a letter indicating my home address from the Thai Consulate in Chiang Mai (Chiang Mai being nearer to my home). This is a standard letter they issue. Also I was required to have a Thai translation of this letter. Along with a few other items, I obtained my yellow tabian baan without any problems.