French Tourist Stabbed By Thai On Pattaya Beach

Rimmer

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That is horrible....even for a Frenchman! I hope he makes the right decision and buggers off somewhere else with his money!

Very funny indeed

It is? You wouldn't happen to be British?

Never mind, I just saw you forum name. Explains your sense of humor.

Edited by aguy30

Well, well, maybe it will become clearer to the gentleman next time, that not every Thai girl wants to talk to every male walking past, and wants to be spoken to in a fashion that implicates her as being a bar girl, or a girl who is plying her trade. Thats usually a sure fire way to upset a Thai girl, and any friend, particularly male, that may be close by and within earshot. Many falangs paint our dear girls with the one brush, and it just isn't so. Maybe a lesson learnt.

Yes giving anyone on the receiving end a darned good stabbing? what Planet are you on?

Well, well, maybe it will become clearer to the gentleman next time, that not every Thai girl wants to talk to every male walking past, and wants to be spoken to in a fashion that implicates her as being a bar girl, or a girl who is plying her trade. Thats usually a sure fire way to upset a Thai girl, and any friend, particularly male, that may be close by and within earshot. Many falangs paint our dear girls with the one brush, and it just isn't so. Maybe a lesson learnt.

It didn't take long ..Blame the victim while having No Idea about the Facts .

True. But it (predictably) took longer than those who were sure that they knew the attack was completely unprovoked.

In fact, either might be true - or something else entirely. But because of their own cherished prejudices (for or against Thais/Thailand) many can not wait for facts and have no desire to do so - they actually are quite pleased at the opportunity to say, "Here's more proof that..."

That is horrible....even for a Frenchman! I hope he makes the right decision and buggers off somewhere else with his money!

I would suggest recruiting some large Russian tourists into the tourist police and allow them to beat the sh*t out of people causing trouble..

but glad to see none have TV finest have hi-jacked this thread and started bleating on how it must be the frenchmans fault

Just give it more time and the Thai apologists will come to the stabbers defense smile.png

Pattaya beach seems to be the most dangerous place in Thailand. Ladyboys harassing tourists, theft, jet-ski mafia, stabbings. Oh dear. Wild west indeed.

but there is no Wyatt Earp

Pattaya beach seems to be the most dangerous place in Thailand. Ladyboys harassing tourists, theft, jet-ski mafia, stabbings. Oh dear. Wild west indeed.

but where is Wyatt Earp and Doc Holiday

Random and unprovoked? i think i just saw a pig fly past my kitchen window!

Again .... What an absolutely ridicuolous comment .. Since when does it become okey to Blame the Victim ?

Now , didn't think it would take long ...There is never a reason , for Stabbing an individual in the Ribs in an unprovoked attack . We are getting the Warnings about the beach road ..This guy should be free to go about his business ..

The suggestion seems to be a Stupidity Curfew of Sorts ?

I would suggest recruiting some large Russian tourists into the tourist police and allow them to beat the sh*t out of people causing trouble..

but glad to see none have TV finest have hi-jacked this thread and started bleating on how it must be the frenchmans fault

Just give it more time and the Thai apologists will come to the stabbers defense smile.png

Dont Worry , they are well and Truly here already .

I have lived in and played guitar on Jomtien beach for over ten years. Never had a problem with Thais regarding my guitar. Have had occasions where drunk, sweaty stupid farangs think it is their right to play my guitar and are miffed when I tell them "no, I didn't bring this down for you to play."

That said, I am also not so stupid as to hang around the beach here or anywhere at 4 in the morning. Perhaps I should put out a guide to using the guitar as a shield? And then when the body is broken by the punch or attempted stab, you can beat the heck out of your assailant with the neck. Strings make good garrots too, come to think of it. Just because you are on vacation doesn't mean common sense should also take a break.

• Like 1

I have lived in and played guitar on Jomtien beach for over ten years. Never had a problem with Thais regarding my guitar. Have had occasions where drunk, sweaty stupid farangs think it is their right to play my guitar and are miffed when I tell them "no, I didn't bring this down for you to play." That said, I am also not so stupid as to hang around the beach here or anywhere at 4 in the morning. Perhaps I should put out a guide to using the guitar as a shield? And then when the body is broken by the punch or attempted stab, you can beat the heck out of your assailant with the neck. Strings make good garrots too, come to think of it. Just because you are on vacation doesn't mean common sense should also take a break.

Even if one wanted to to believe that your experience demonstrates that no one could get in trouble playing guitar on the beach (it doesn't), no one has suggested the victim had a problem with Thais regarding his guitar.

Perhaps because he didn't have a guitar and wasn't playing one.

what would be the cost of 10-15 min police patrols walking the beach rd ? ..... as much as the cost of loosing tourists ? . Safety has never been a concern in LOS , another 15-20 yrs maybe ?, a couple of VIP stabbings/muggins/murders might help !

What would be the good? They (BIB) are all on the take to look the other way, anyway, so they would see nothing.

Very funny indeed

I am British and the poor victim is French. It remains impossible for a Brit to be sympathetic towards a Frenchman without some sort of jibe to soften the blow. I am more than aware that the feeling is mutual.

• Like 2

Oh COME on lads and lassies there are 3 sides to this story as there always is Firstly there's the French man's side secondly Thai man's side and then There is THE TRUTH. No guessing which one your gona believe.

• Like 1

talked to this guy a few times, not the violent type. having been threatened and even attacked for no reason by Thai street musicians or their friends I tend to take his side. if you so much as look but dont give them money they can get violent very easily

I will take the side of any unharmed man having been stabbed....

Good luck in finding a stabbing victim that is unharmed biggrin.png

Must be my lucky day.

Found one already.

This french guy...

Erm.. The victim was harmed. The assailant was armed.

Unharmed -v- Unarmed.

Spellcheck does not help in these circumstances.

I thought that whole area was covered by CCTV cameras these days ? Somehow I don't think we are hearing the whole story here.......

You never hear the whole story in Thailand. The coppers tell their story which is coloured to protect the all important TOURIST industry.

And then you will get the Caucasians story which I would

tend to believe (unless of

course I saw something

entirely different with my own

eyes)

Gotta do what's necessary to prevent LOSS OF FACE, THAT'S A MUST AIN'T IT.

For the locals, the coppers' story is correct and the Caucasian's story is coloured.

One's opinion is another man's lie.

Very funny indeed

I am British and the poor victim is French. It remains impossible for a Brit to be sympathetic towards a Frenchman without some sort of jibe to soften the blow. I am more than aware that the feeling is mutual.

''' It remains impossible for a Brit'''

I will always remember the teachings of Anthony Robbins, the week-end I spent at his seminar.

One of these teachings was:

''I like it when you say something is impossible, and you do it anyway.''

Erm.. The victim was harmed. The assailant was armed.

Unharmed -v- Unarmed.

Spellcheck does not help in these circumstances.

Thank you. And if you ever need some help in writing some french, I would be happy to oblige, in no circumvoluted fashion....

Very funny indeed

I am British and the poor victim is French. It remains impossible for a Brit to be sympathetic towards a Frenchman without some sort of jibe to soften the blow.

Speak for yourself.

While I agree with you and like your post, reality is at 4AM 0400 on Pattaya beach road it is not a far fetched stretch of the imagination to think that a girl there might be available for hire. It surely wouldn't justify attempting to murder the person.

the french guy has been here a long time and isnt stupid, the reality is that there are plenty of unprovoked attacks in Pattaya mostly because some people on methamphetamines get extremely paranoid and see things that arent there and imagine things that arent happening, theres plenty of evidence from all round the world showing the connection between methamphetamine use and violent crime

• Like 1

It's early yet. Wait for it...................

its a dump for shxte people who only intrest is sex and getting pissed oh and crime of cause

• Like 1