Red Shirts Gather At Ratchaprasong; Mark 3Rd Anniversary Of May 19 Crackdown

Lite Beer

Any violence yet?

Doubt there will be any violence. Was there about an hour ago. Dancing, being entertained. My guess is it will end peacefully at midnight like they claim.

Must be a cultural thing. Ms. Thida mentioned 'remembering our martyrs', a Pheu Thai spokesman urged k. Abhisit/Suthep to formally express their condolences and the UDD supporters are having a wonderfull time. blink.png

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would this ladies passing at a rally make her family eligible for the Gov 7mill baht compensation like other red folks were during the famous Bangkok Burning Rally days?

People dieing is always traumatic for the people near by, and Thais have a habit of watching things like this. I am sure many sad folks.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

So long as this protest is peaceful, there is no cause for concern, one can only hope that it remains like this after the main man has finished another rousing speech from Dubai and if the crowd becomes unruly and out of control, there is eighteen companies of police officers to stop any such moves and there is no favours or double standards , so they all should be in prison, if they step out of line , that's as I read it, correct? And pigs might fly.bah.gif

Except if you live around there and have to put up with all traffic, noise and garbage they create. they do not regard anyone else's right and need to be stopped. enough is enough

• Like 2

22:35 (aka 10:35PM) see lighting, hear thunder, but no rain yet (in khet Dusit). ADSL signal down for a moment. Let's hope k. Thaksin already skyped-in before all try to flee the rain.

UPDATE: terribly sorry and all that, I was too hasty. At least here in khet Dusit the rain started five minutes ago. Couldn't report earlier, had to get some laundry inside, close doors / windows, etc. wai.gif

Edited by rubl

22:35 (aka 10:35PM) see lighting, hear thunder, but no rain yet (in khet Dusit). ADSL signal down for a moment. Let's hope k. Thaksin already skyped-in before all try to flee the rain.

UPDATE: terribly sorry and all that, I was too hasty. At least here in khet Dusit the rain started five minutes ago. Couldn't report earlier, had to get some laundry inside, close doors / windows, etc. wai.gif

Started pissing down in Asoke now too, so I think the rally will be getting a little wet.

Right now they are selling weapons at the red demonstration! Here is a picture I took at 3 pm

Not to try and rain on your parade, but with no Date and Time stamp, there's no actual proof of when/where this was taken.

"Gen Paradorn also brushed aside the so-called "double-standard practice
to handle the mobs, saying that security-concerned agencies have applied
the same standard of practice to every group of protesters."

Did they put up barricades to keep people Out.

Any one know the size of the crowd when the paymaster called in.

Was there any Black Shirts there honoring the martyr's. Or do they have no honor?

• Like 1

So, did or didn't k. Thaksin skype-in? I mean on the 15th we had Ms. Tida Tojirakarn, chairwoman of the National United Front Of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) saying k. Thaksin would give speeches and honor the martyrs from 2010 via skype. That's one of the main reasons why oh so so many supporters came to this entertainment.

BTW did she get enough people together for the lighting of 20,000 candles in the evening?

So, did or didn't k. Thaksin skype-in? I mean on the 15th we had Ms. Tida Tojirakarn, chairwoman of the National United Front Of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD) saying k. Thaksin would give speeches and honor the martyrs from 2010 via skype. That's one of the main reasons why oh so so many supporters came to this entertainment.

BTW did she get enough people together for the lighting of 20,000 candles in the evening?

He did Skype in. The Bangkok Post has a description in their news that he attacked the new Anti-Yingluck website, Thai Spring.

He further defended his sister's Mongolian speech and lambasted those that said it was full of half-truths.

He did Skype in. The Bangkok Post has a description in their news that he attacked the new Anti-Yingluck website, Thai Spring.

He further defended his sister's Mongolian speech and lambasted those that said it was full of half-truths.

That's one of the better puns I have seen lately.

Full of half truths biggrin.png

In other words he did not try to cover up the fact that he is out of touch with realty

she was predicting 100,000 people.

Why did she only want to give candles to every fifth person?

No idea! I only quoted from a TV topic from a few days ago.wai.gif

Now during speeches today his wife Ms Thida urged the enactment of reconciliation law to annul convictions and punishments against all political offenders of all colour groups except those who were to be held responsible for the violent crackdown against the red-shirt protesters.

Ms. Double Standards, herself

I thought the red shirts were supposed to be violent. Why didn't it kick off?

They only just set up camp. A few days of brainwashing by those on the red stage and free whiskey at night and they would/will be off. Have they all gone home now?

They only just set up camp. A few days of brainwashing by those on the red stage and free whiskey at night and they would/will be off. Have they all gone home now?

If they have gone home, would that mitigate your speculation of forthcoming violence, or would you say that knowing there was violence to come, the red shirt leaders acted responsibly in dispersing the crowd? Or, regardless of anything I could possibly write, would you still have a go at the red shirt crowd that gathered there?

Edited by 15Peter20

No idea! I only quoted from a TV topic from a few days ago.wai.gif

I think it comes down to that they will only have 20,000 suspects to look at rather than 100,000 when the fires start ... although someone may have brought their own lighter? blink.png

Yep, this peaceful (6 hour?) gathering has completely eradicated the memories which occurred during that 2 month siege. What have I completely forgot about? Let's see...

The blood pouring... can't remember a thing about it.

The M79 attacks on the soldiers...

The armed "black shirts" firing at the soldiers...

The lynching of injured soldiers shortly afterwards...

The (first!) raiding of the hospitals to collect and display the bodies of the protesters...

The stockpiling of weapons... can't remember nada...

The M79 firing of the opposing protest at Silom.

The hospital raids which followed at Chula.

The burning of Central World. Which might as well be forgotten as the red shirts didn't do it anyway. Honest.

The burning and ransacking of the 7-11's along Sukhumvit during the night after the clampdown...

The various bombings around the city, which stopped after they blew themselves up in Bang Bua Tong... really difficult to forget, but I think this gathering helped managed it...

Yep, the pictures of the red shirts with those "toy" weapons today helped eradicate all these memories. Yay peaceful reds.

My question was why it didn't kick off, which your insightful reminiscences have failed to answer. Maybe try again?

Yep, this peaceful (6 hour?) gathering has completely eradicated the memories which occurred during that 2 month siege. What have I completely forgot about? Let's see...

The (first!) raiding of the hospitals to collect and display the bodies of the protesters...

The burning of Central World. Which might as well be forgotten as the red shirts didn't do it anyway. Honest.

The burning and ransacking of the 7-11's along Sukhumvit during the night after the clampdown...

The various bombings around the city, which stopped after they blew themselves up in Bang Bua Tong... really difficult to forget, but I think this gathering helped managed it...

Yep, the pictures of the red shirts with those "toy" weapons today helped eradicate all these memories. Yay peaceful reds.

My question was why it didn't kick off, which your insightful reminiscences have failed to answer. Maybe try again?

Because they are lovely and peaceful and nice. When they are told to be.
  • Like 2

Because they are lovely and peaceful and nice. When they are told to be.

That's more like it. Maybe so, maybe not, depending on what proof you have of such tight control. Thanks anyway.

That's more like it. Maybe so, maybe not, depending on what proof you have of such tight control. Thanks anyway.

The "red shirt guard" do have such control. News articles, YouTube videos and other eyewitness accounts confirming such are really not hard to find...

So you should be able to source announcements where the 'red shirt guard' has told everyone to be peaceful on this occasion, right?

The "red shirt guard" do have such control. News articles, YouTube videos and other eyewitness accounts confirming such are really not hard to find...

So you should be able to source announcements where the 'red shirt guard' has told everyone to be peaceful on this occasion, right?

They only act when people start breaking the rules.

At ~2.50 you hear about the red guard stopping the protesters "surging forward" getting too close to the army.

At 3.36 you hear the first boom. The first M79...?

In the aftermath, the protesters were free to attack the army, in whatever injured state they were in.

I can understand why protester would pay attention to what the guards preach.

Good list, but you forgot to mention the order to burn Siriraj hospital, and the significance of that order.

• Like 2