Dog-Meat Mafia: Inside Thailand's Smuggling Trade

webfact

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody provide a phone number, would love to see our street cleaned out from stray dogs!

A big number of these dogs are NOT strays in many areas, they are locally owned and are left to scavenge. Get a collecter to pick up the owners and have them put down. Dogs in the street are a headache, local authorities should sterilize the animals/ and police to take action against owners---like make it law to register all dogs locally.

Even a sterilized soi dog can bite you. No loose dogs on the street should ever be permitted. Owners should be held responsible for keeping their pets under control. Fat chance of any of this actually happening.

For those who are sick of the soi dog problem in Thailand and wish that dog hunters would come to their community and take all of them away, dogs are not the problem, people are. These dogs didn't just wander into the community, the people in your community adopted them and turned them loose without medical care or proper food. Even if you don't have an issue with eating dog, very often (or all of the time) a large percentage of the dogs don't survive the trip to their destination suffocating during the trip. Then when it is time for slaughter, all too often they are skinned alive as there is a belief that this makes the meat more tender. A horrific end for an animal that was domesticated to be a companion for people. How can anyone agree that any animal should be treated like this?

As you see the heartless non thinking posters are posting.

Thai dogs HATE farrangs intruding into their way of life on the streets---how dare farrangs tell us THAI's to be exterminated, half of them here on an extended drinking holiday---biggrin.png

lot farrangs dont drink ,againts the law now in the UK to have a dog with flies ,look at the take care of dogs in thailand ,but i have to say they all seem happy ,doing what they like ,little like the people

Maybe once they have rounded up the scummy dogs on the sois, as some have suggested, they can round up the scummy farangs. There are many mangy dogs I would rather sit and have a pint with than some of the farangs I have met here.

Those who lie down with dogs ...

Can anybody provide a phone number, would love to see our street cleaned out from stray dogs!

I'm a dog lover but am much more concerned about human trafficking in Thailand than I am in dog trafficking.

• Like 1

Let's be honest do you really think Thais give a xxxx about dogs being butchered, especially when they can make money. Considering that the Thais will even stoop as low as using endangered animals to make money they certainly won't care about dogs lives if there's coin to be made.

Endangered Animals Being Exploited in Thai Tourism

I have met many priceless caring, loving Thais, that have dogs and take very good care of them (MANY)

how can you call any human (thai or not thai) caring and loving towards animals if they purchase a cow or sheep or chicken that has been painfully killed for the sake of their hunger for blood and dead animal???? !!!!!

anyone that calls themselves an animal lover and eats meat is a hypocritical liar. (nothing less).

no doubt, people will try to say how is "normal" to eat chicken, cow and sheep. But "Normal" doesnt mean that its right !!

How is this anything different to the millions of Cows and Sheep, Chickens and Pigs that have their lives taken from them so that meat-eating humans (such as yourself) can enjoy the flesh of a dead being?

think about what is happening here.

and think about what is on your dinner plate tonight.

You cant call it bad to eat a dog, yet its ok to eat a sheep, cow, chicken and pig.

enjoy your slaughtered meal tonight.

will do exactly that, I grew up on a farm and we raised and killed chooks, sheep etc to eat, pets are just that, pets, they are not raised to be eaten. I find people like you that try to force your own bias on everyone to be the hypocrits, check up exactly where the things you eat come from, how they are fertilized etc and you will see that there is just as much on your plate as everyone elses. You dont like meat, fine dont eat it but do not push your crap down everyone elses throats.

Edited by metisdead
Font
  • Like 1

I wish these dog trucks could come to Pattaya and clear out the sois and vacant lots that have these barking pests. They would make millions 'cuz there are so many stray dogs here (not counting the two legged ones)

I would prefer to see trucks come and take away some of the human dregs of Pattaya, including the sex workers, criminals, corrupt officials, drug dealers, junk heads, vicious ladyboy gangs, jetski scammers, illegal street traders, kiddy fiddlers and pimps.

I much prefer dogs to many people that sometimes encroach in my space.

• Like 2

Is the problem that the dogs are alive and stuffed into cages? Would it be more acceptable if the dogs were slaughtered in Thailand and shipped in a refrigerated vehicle to Vietnam?

Cry later, when your house is broken into. Pal.

hypocrite !! you eat meat every day. you forget about the few hundred lives every year that YOU eat. every year a few hundred lives are killed JUST FOR YOU!! so dont call someone else a non-carer, when you are in the same boat!

by your standards (in karma), it sounds like your home is also at risk of the same fate!

Let's be honest do you really think Thais give a xxxx about dogs being butchered, especially when they can make money. Considering that the Thais will even stoop as low as using endangered animals to make money they certainly won't care about dogs lives if there's coin to be made.

Endangered Animals Being Exploited in Thai Tourism

I have met many priceless caring, loving Thais, that have dogs and take very good care of them (MANY)

how can you call any human (thai or not thai) caring and loving towards animals if they purchase a cow or sheep or chicken that has been painfully killed for the sake of their hunger for blood and dead animal???? !!!!!

anyone that calls themselves an animal lover and eats meat is a hypocritical liar. (nothing less).

no doubt, people will try to say how is "normal" to eat chicken, cow and sheep. But "Normal" doesnt mean that its right !!

How is this anything different to the millions of Cows and Sheep, Chickens and Pigs that have their lives taken from them so that meat-eating humans (such as yourself) can enjoy the flesh of a dead being?

think about what is happening here.

and think about what is on your dinner plate tonight.

You cant call it bad to eat a dog, yet its ok to eat a sheep, cow, chicken and pig.

enjoy your slaughtered meal tonight.

will do exactly that, I grew up on a farm and we raised and killed chooks, sheep etc to eat, pets are just that, pets, they are not raised to be eaten. I find people like you that try to force your own bias on everyone to be the hypocrits, check up exactly where the things you eat come from, how they are fertilized etc and you will see that there is just as much on your plate as everyone elses. You dont like meat, fine dont eat it but do not push your crap down everyone elses throats.

Nope. you are very wrong.

i'm very used to hearing your side of the story.

its a very biblical view (even if you dont realise it).

it comes from the concept that humans have domain over animals. a truly nasty belief.

you said yourself that you used to kill chickens. did you ever watch them closely? did you ever imagine what it would be like to have that same thing done to you?

I know what you are saying... farm animals are for food,,, and pets are pets.

yes,, what you say is logical.

but it is not ethical, nor is it showing kindness to other "living" beings.

yes,, they ARE living,, and they ARE beings.

i understand what you say... as you probably also understand what I am saying,.

but it seems that I dont respect your opinion at all.. and you dont like mine either.

at the end of the day,,, there is nothing nice about killing anything. (i would at least hope you agree with this much).

hence, i think it stands to reason that a world without any blood shed is better than a world with blood shed and pain.

I know this type of ideal world is not here.. (not by a long-shot)... but it still doesnt make what you say 'right'.

Go to Sakon Nakhon.  Dog meat is sold at all the markets

I rather drop a bomb there instead, and those people that are still alive I can always skinn alive just for fun!!

Why is that?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As a rule Thais open the gate let the dogs run, take a crap, feed them, go work, come home open the gate, let them run, take a crap, chase cars, terrorise the moobhan and lock them up to bark all night.

If the dogs are outside the gate not on a leash. It's fair game. Does anyone know a Thai who genuinely loves their dog? In that, I mean elevate them above the maid or gardener?

• Like 2

I am personally not against eating dog. What has the poor cow, the pig done wrong? Is my favourite question in that context. From what I am told, in Vietnam they elevate dogs specifically for meat, these dogs get special food and are being kept correctly. There are even hi-price restaurants specializing on dog meat. But these are stray dogs from the street, full of disease, that nobody in his right mind would want to eat. Why is everything in Thailand always so low? Viets are proud and can become rather aggressive too if their rules are violated. Here you pay your way out of everything. Is that what Buddhism does to the morality of people, as opposed to Communism...?

Now there's a head-scratcher. You're actually suggesting that communism promotes morality? In what possible way? (Unless you mean gunpoint morality!) And you're ALSO suggesting that Buddhism, from the menu of all the other possible influences you could've named, is the particular influence responsible for the deterioration of moral values in Thailand ??!! I've got nothing against eating dog either, if that's what appeals... Once butchered though, how would a Vietnamese or anybody else know whether the animal was a street dog or from a "better" source? That low-life (in Thailand or anywhere else) are stealing people's dogs now to make some money doesn't surprise me, but it's not something that Buddhism has anything to do with. I'll bet they're hungry enough in N. Korea to eat dog with some considerable relish, and there I think we could safely say communism has infinitely more to do with it than Buddhism does.

Stealing family pets is just too scummy for words.

Bastards.

They wouldn't need to steal family pets if they came to Pattaya. There's homeless (feral) dogs by the tonne on every street. Perhaps they're looking for more well feed dogs?

These dogs didn't just wander into the community, the people in your community adopted them and turned them loose without medical care or proper food.

Nonsense! Most of them were born in parks and vacant lots. They were not pre-loved.

• Like 1

Maybe once they have rounded up the scummy dogs on the sois, as some have suggested, they can round up the scummy farangs. There are many mangy dogs I would rather sit and have a pint with than some of the farangs I have met here.

I don't know if I'd want to sit down to a pint with such a self-righteous person as you make yourself out to be either.

There's a whole bunch of guys like you casting stones on here. It never stops. It only takes one tattoo to get you guys going again....

• Like 2

If you want this horrible cruelty stopped you can start by donating to these guys..

http://www.soidog.org/en/dogmeat/

Would that be the horrible crime of eating the dogs or the even more horrible crime of the Thai people letting them breed rampantly, adoring the cuteness of the new puppy before abandoning it to wander full of scabies , ticks, mange, etc or to the temples where most of these mange festering dogs end up?.......still breeding!!!

You're right, why helping the dog/catshelters when it's so much easier whining about it?

I wish, but I'm not allow to do a "Charles Bronson" on all the <deleted>..s that causing problems in our world. So I do the next best thing, I try to eliminate as much suffering and stupidity as I possibly can by donation/volunteer work/fighting for laws that are more suitable for a civilzed society . That's your duty, especially when you're surrouded by uneducated/those with low IQ.....

out of all the posts to date the one thing missing---POLICE. if known pickps are running around local areas, everyone sees them,

Big effort to stop this is NOT just at the border posts it IS in local areas. Police take the dogs to a pound--confiscate the pick-up and heavily fine the( Bar-stewards.). stopping the collection stops the trade. UNLESS some big wig again is in the monkey---oh sorry DOG business.

out of the last 3 rescues drivers fled the scene,drivers on foot,police on bikes,catch me if you can.

I wish these dog trucks could come to Pattaya and clear out the sois and vacant lots that have these barking pests. They would make millions 'cuz there are so many stray dogs here (not counting the two legged ones)

You could always move back home if it bother you that much.... just saying... /-I

Stealing family pets is just too scummy for words.

Bastards.

They wouldn't need to steal family pets if they came to Pattaya. There's homeless (feral) dogs by the tonne on every street. Perhaps they're looking for more well feed dogs?

family pets sold for a pk.of fags or a bottle of leo,homeless dogs in pattaya and plenty of females as well[sold by their families] thailand at its best.

They could gladly come to Hua Hin and clean out all the Soi dogs around my house. It's so bad some times I have to carry a stick walking down the road.

Oh no....I can hear the bleeding hearts already. coffee1.gif

Ditto, they get a little out of hand and become a pest.

We have a resident widow lady who has been told to feed the strays by monks to break her bad luck, which has just boosted the population, and a few other seem to leave food and water out, but always nearer my house than theirs!

I first came here 17 years ago,then revisited many btimes before coming to live here, it was soon clear on first holiday dogs were a problem, i never expected that problem to go away. i can only presume people who have a problem with dogs never came here for a holiday and realised that. Bit like the townies back home who move into the country then moan about the smells, church bells etc. Did any of the people with problem soi dogs ever come here for a holiday before moving here full time ???

• Like 1