• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Villa could be the new Klinsmann! smile.png

not another diving machine wink.png

I was a season ticket holder then Bob....it was magic....and I mean just unforgettable the reaction he drew from our support. Bale has the same excitement....Villa could be great for us for a couple of years anyway.

I was a season ticket holder then Bob....it was magic....and I mean just unforgettable the reaction he drew from our support. Bale has the same excitement....Villa could be great for us for a couple of years anyway.

Yeah I remember cursing his name as a kid, but he was great to watch at that time and invented the diving celebration, turning the whole thing around. I'm not sure about Villa after his leg break, but you never know

Yeah I remember cursing his name as a kid, but he was great to watch at that time and invented the diving celebration, turning the whole thing around. I'm not sure about Villa after his leg break, but you never know

I agree he's a risk...but worth a punt....a player who is never happy second best....unlike our current incumbents.

having already spent 60m on moutinho and rodrigues, monaco this week expect to tie up falcao for 60m plus also victor valdes and ricardo carvalho. getting silly this is.

All this money being splashed out on players, who are going to a club that could be banned from playing in Ligue 1.

having already spent 60m on moutinho and rodrigues, monaco this week expect to tie up falcao for 60m plus also victor valdes and ricardo carvalho. getting silly this is.

All this money being splashed out on players, who are going to a club that could be banned from playing in Ligue 1.

Monaco must know this is not going to happen, as will the players that have recently signed

Monaco must know this is not going to happen, as will the players that have recently signed

they're calling the league's bluff basically.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/28/monaco-100m-transfers-ligue-1-ban

Reported on ESPN today that United are keen on Fabregas. A surprise I suppose, if true, but Fabregas hasn't set the world on fire at Barca, and United looking to upgrade their midfield. Rubbish ? I've no idea. With the signing of Neymar Barca's midfield is looking awfully crowded though.

Another cult hero at WHL but still not much to show for it as a team?

Hardly true Santi and you well know it....luckily so does AVB....two quality strikers to complete the picture for us. smile.png

Another cult hero at WHL but still not much to show for it as a team?

Don't know about cult hero but Klinsman was player of the year wasn't he. Also one of the finest strikers Germany has produced so good enough for me.

Reported on ESPN today that United are keen on Fabregas. A surprise I suppose, if true, but Fabregas hasn't set the world on fire at Barca, and United looking to upgrade their midfield. Rubbish ? I've no idea. With the signing of Neymar Barca's midfield is looking awfully crowded though.

Yeah, it's rubbish.

neymar will take david villa's spot one would think. not in the midfield three but in the front three. barca need to sort their defence out first and foremost anyway. lash some money at matts hummels and thiago silva and just get it done.

• Like 1

neymar will take david villa's spot one would think. not in the midfield three but in the front three. barca need to sort their defence out first and foremost anyway. lash some money at matts hummels and thiago silva and just get it done.

Definitely the way to go regarding shoring up the defense. I do wonder about Neymar replacing Villa though. An attack based on nothing but midfielders and no legit strikers ? Forgetting Messi, the ultimate hybrid. It seems to be the Barca way, but they seem not to worry much about having a Plan B.coffee1.gif

Definitely the way to go regarding shoring up the defense. I do wonder about Neymar replacing Villa though. An attack based on nothing but midfielders and no legit strikers ? Forgetting Messi, the ultimate hybrid. It seems to be the Barca way, but they seem not to worry much about having a Plan B.coffee1.gif

seen neymar's goal record for santos and brazil? aged just 21? he's no midfielder.

seen neymar's goal record for santos and brazil? aged just 21? he's no midfielder.

He may score a bushel of goals, but seems to be roaming about midfield more often than slotted up front. At least when I've seen him play. But yes, at Barca I would expect him to be closer to the action.

Absolutely not i agree. Play him up top he's a striker and quite skillful too wink.png The link up with the Barca midfield could be spectacular

Absolutely not i agree. Play him up top he's a striker and quite skillful too wink.png The link up with the Barca midfield could be spectacular

I think this year showed the first signs of the power of the Barca midfield waning.

I thought Iniesta and Xavi looked tired in the CL semis. Age taking its toll maybe?

I think this year showed the first signs of the power of the Barca midfield waning.

I thought Iniesta and Xavi looked tired in the CL semis. Age taking its toll maybe?

Possibly. Maybe Bayern were just very very good. As with most german sides, maybe they were also just fitter in the latter stages of a long season.

Possibly. Maybe Bayern were just very very good. As with most german sides, maybe they were also just fitter in the latter stages of a long season.

Yeah, reckon fitness has a lot to do with it carms, Bayerns fitness, imo, is the best i've EVER seen in club football.

iniesta is 29 mate.

Yes far too much wishful thinking on the part of some that its Bale the main target.

What makes far greater sense would be to get a contract extension from Ronaldo and sign Suarez, (who would be far more suitable baring in mind Madrid have Di Maria and Ronaldo already) who could finally put to rest his hounding by the british press.

Makes absolute sense, and an election winner too

Edited by carmine

Any chance of at least getting his name right on the thread title?

My spelling fine thanks. We all lose players you know, nothing new about that

Your spelling is ok..the thread title however?

Any chance of at least getting his name right on the thread title?

My spelling fine thanks. We all lose players you know, nothing new about that

Your spelling is ok..the thread title however?

Yep fair enough. I'm continuing this on your thread anyways. Can't see the point of a separate thread either