Program For Monitoring Laptop Temperatures..

kkengvibul

sorry but..i just installed the program ..and not really sure how to use it.

What does the readings mean(HD0 and TEMP1)? Which one should i be looking out for?

...Do i have to change the configurations or anything? (SpeedFan program)

man..im getting pretty scared now..

beside the TEMP1 it says 59 celsius with a burning fire icon..

n bside the HD0 it says 43 celsius with a red arrow pointing up...

is my computer getting to hot??

please help!

urgent!

also...the cpu usage seems to be very high..i'm only doing word processing, playing msn, and downloading stuff..how come? :o

This is a good tool for overall checks of your system. They stopped releasing the free version and are commercial only (dec 2005) but you can still get the free version download from here: Download Everest

"Everest Home Edition is a freeware system information, system diagnostics and benchmarking solution for home PC users, based on the award-winning EVEREST Technology. It offers the world's most accurate system information and diagnostics capabilities, including online features, memory benchmarks, hardware monitoring, and low-level hardware information."

Everest Home Edition 2.20 details

Edited by tywais

also...the cpu usage seems to be very high..i'm only doing word processing, playing msn, and downloading stuff..how come? :o

Would be a good idea to scan your system for viruses and spyware. Ad-aware is available for free and can check for spyware/adware which can cause your CPU to run more then normal. Google for it, easy to find.

Temperature on CPU is on the high side though laptops generally do run higher. 60 degrees max is normally considered a peak temperature for a conventional computer. Don't know if your laptop has a fan in it but the software I mentioned should be able to monitor that also. If it does, perhaps it is dirty or you have dust accumulated inside the case.

SpeedFan has been known to give inaccurate readings. One forum showed 102 deg C for his CPU and -110 deg for his HDD.

i have the ad-aware program already..but anyways, the cpu usage is back to normal now after i restarted my computer..

i just downloaded the software you mentioned, but I'm not quite sure how to use it. It looks pretty complicated.

I doubt that i have any dust accumulated inside the case because i just bought this laptop for like 4 days! No dust anywhere! :o

anyways..thanks again

man..im getting pretty scared now..

beside the TEMP1 it says 59 celsius with a burning fire icon..

n bside the HD0 it says 43 celsius with a red arrow pointing up...

is my computer getting to hot??

please help!

urgent!

also...the cpu usage seems to be very high..i'm only doing word processing, playing msn, and downloading stuff..how come? :D

Hi there,

Laptops get often higher Temperatures than well vented units in Cases. Usually it is directly influenced of the Software usage on your computer. 59 and 43 celsius i had on my Laptop too, when i used "demanding" Programs . Just to be on the save side you may want to open the Task Manager (ctrl-Alt-Del) and check which program is using the most resources...maybe this is the faulty thing.Try to run the Laptop without this "resources demanding" Program and see if the temperatur declines .

I had a wonderful program called Pop peeper causing temperatures...i uninstalled it and now the problem is no longer there

Look in the Taskmanager and try this , hope that helps

rcm :o

i just downloaded the software you mentioned, but I'm not quite sure how to use it. It looks pretty complicated.

After starting the program just select under the "Computer" menu "Sensor". That will show the temperatures and fan speeds there

Some information on CPU temperatures.

http://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?content=faq.shtml

http://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?...t=maxtemp.shtml

You can get your CPU information from the program I showed you then check the charts here:

http://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?...t=maxtemp.shtml

Edited by tywais

Without getting too techincal because basicly I'm not, I suffered from what I think was overheating. Occasionaly my laptop would freeze up, and at worst turn itself off. I was told it was possibly overheating. I went to Pantip Plaza in Bangers and bought a nice looking metal base for my Lap top that sloped forward thus elevating the back and increasing circulation underneath. It also had 2 built in fans that blew up into the base of my lap top. Since then (finegars crossed) I have experienced no problems. Realise it is not portable, but 75% of the time it is used at home anyway. I paid 1200 baht for it, but I got a really nice looking one that looks good on my desk. You can pay as lttle as 500 baht for a cheap looking plastic.

Without getting too techincal because basicly I'm not, I suffered from what I think was overheating. Occasionaly my laptop would freeze up, and at worst turn itself off. I was told it was possibly overheating. I went to Pantip Plaza in Bangers and bought a nice looking metal base for my Lap top that sloped forward thus elevating the back and increasing circulation underneath. It also had 2 built in fans that blew up into the base of my lap top. Since then (finegars crossed) I have experienced no problems. Realise it is not portable, but 75% of the time it is used at home anyway. I paid 1200 baht for it, but I got a really nice looking one that looks good on my desk. You can pay as lttle as 500 baht for a cheap looking plastic.

Yep, had the same problem, laptop brewing up when worked hard. Got the same solution too, just bought two, one for home one for office.

my laptop manual doesnt say anything about laptop temperatures, just the environment it should be used in (operating and non operating)..

How do i know what is the acceptable temperature for my laptop?

The program I mentioned, Everest, select Summary when you start it. Under "Motherboard" "CPU type" post what it says here. The other site I mentioned lists all CPUs including mobile (M type) and will state what the max allowable is. Most mobile CPUs are rated to 100 degrees C. The normal rule is if your system is stable, no crashes or alarms, then you are OK. The temperature sensors are not always very accurate. As I indicated 59 degrees for a mobile is not unreasonable.

Edited by tywais