Thailand Elite Card To Be Relaunched In June

webfact

3 year non imm B..

Needs to demonstrate previous 1 year non imm Bs in series and have a business that needs you to enter and exit Thailand like trade shows etc..

Thats from memory but the only 3 year non imm I remember.

Edited by LivinLOS

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beatdeadhorse.gif they are simply not capable of learning from the repeated mistakes. The Thai ethos appears to be if you don't success the first-time in scamming people simply re-vamp it. <deleted>!

Au contraire...... for the TAT and associated private structure (offshored to Singapore) that was created to manage the Elite Card, it was a perfect gift from the government to make a shitload of money with few strings attached. The mere fact that something doesn't work, fails to reach its target or is not successful is immaterial to the more important factor of whether the elite who run the Elite Card were able to cream off a small fortune from the public funding of this scheme. I worked a treat under Thaksin a decade ago, and a few people are still probably dining off the project even now, so this is exactly why it is being repeated. In a kleptocracy with minimum checks and balances, projects of this nature are pure jewels in the rough, that inevitably get disinterred for polishing every now and then. Irrigation infrastructure projects are essentially the same. wink.png

The Elite Card was founded on the principle that there one mug born every minute and a million of them must live in Thailand.

Turned out there were only a couple of thousand.

just ask yourself why would any purely serviced based business organisation that has no manufacturing costs whatsoever need to charge this kind of money upfront? Even the likes of American Express wouldn't have the audacity to expect its members to be naive enough to pay their membership charges upfrontrolleyes.gif

in fact, if the fees were levied an annual basis it would give you a lot more confidence that they fully intend to be around for the long term

Edited by Asiantravel

I can't recall anyone having problems with the visa. I think you misheard the bar talk. It was a simple process of going to immigration within Thailand with your card, the visa sticker was placed in the passport and job done.

I'm not saying its a fact, I'm saying that I do recall reading from people on this forum WHO HAD ACTUALLY BOUGHT THE CARD and subsequently been unable to renew the 5 year visa.

I was not aware that immigration in Thailand were in a position to issue any visa except tourist visa on arrival for qualifying countries (Not UK/Germany/USA/ etc) . I thought they only issued extensions to existing visas. Has ANYONE here ever been issued a visa in Thailand ? except of course the limited visa on arrival.

My non-b was issued in Bangkok. Was on a tourist visa, went Chaengewattana more than 21 days before my expiration and was issued a non-b.

Sent from my GT-S7270 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What is it with "high net worth" tourists? Every time a press released is released I see this shit. I mean really. They guys I share bar space with are all high net worth. So, Thailand wants RICH tourists, from Asia, not dead beat farang whoremongers? These rich guys will spend their money at the Sheraton, and the street vendors, 1000b a throw hookers, and tuk tuk guys will see nothing. Right? Great idea.

High net worth used to mean cash or cash like assets (excluding primary residence) exceeding a mil USD. With inflation and the like its increasing meaning people with multi millions in (non residence) assets. Increasing VHNW (5 mil and up) is the new HNW.

Theres not that many cash multi millionaires sitting on pattaya bar stools, despite what they tell you.. Sure there are a few, but not many.

• 1 month later...

Is there the person that a card is not necessary anymore?
Is there the person who I did not golf, or spa

or did not go to Thailand?

I am looking for the first original card.
It is necessary for me to live in Thailand for a disease.
For medical treatment,

is there the person selling a card as cheap as possible?

If there is it, please do not answer here ,

please e-mail me directly.
Thank you very much for your help.

you can save my life...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This thread is a year old. Just sayin'

Sent from somewhere in the Pacific

Well we are under a sensible government and it is July. Haven't heard from any one who has purchased one yet.

Doubt that it is available. this government is trying to stop corruption not continue it.

With all the recent hoohah about stomping on the visa runners and booting and blacklisting the overstayers...

"Yes, hello? The 500k baht for 5 years of hassle-free visa entry membership?. Yes, that's the one. l'll take two please."

Thailand Elite is a great option to enjoy long stays in the country.

For the people who have the money, of course...

Even for retirees...

But especially those who are younger and/or don't want to zig zag between the rules indefinitely.

I believe that some of the worst critics of the card - while certainly not admitting it - may even recommend it to (financially comfortable) others, now that there is a more affordable option, with the greatest privilege (the visa) still offered in the "TE Easy Access" option.

Buy a card and enjoy Thailand.

But behave...

Even if you are a wannabe rich (or even if you are a real member of the elite), stay nice and don't behave like a new rich jerk. Or a wannabe hi so.

Behave nicely and they (TE, immigration, limo drivers, ...) will love you :)

Reading forums, we, of course, understand that most jerks are not Thailand Elite Card holders :)

I am a member since the beginning of the program.

I love it.

I also would not want to change my visa type. Very convenient.

The reasons I love this program have been posted in previous posts. Don't want to repeat it again.

Problems?

Yes, one time.

On a flight back from Europe there was no attendant to greet me at the plane and allow me to benefit from the extra-speedy process to get to the limo.

I sent them an email, not to complain but just to mention the problem, and that I had cleared immigration with the other first class passengers (and lost some time in the process).

They replied immediately to explain the error, apologized several times in further emails, and it never happened again (in 10 years membership).

If you can afford a card (500,000 for 5 years or 2 million for 20 years), go for it.

But, if you feel that 500,000 or 2 million baht is a lot of money... Then this product is most probably not for you.

If this product is not for you, it does not mean that it is not suitable for others.

All in all, TE is a great option, but not for all.

Now back to the critics :)

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Even for retirees...

But especially those who are younger and/or don't want to zig zag between the rules indefinitely.

I believe that some of the worst critics of the card - while certainly not admitting it - may even recommend it to (financially comfortable) others, now that there is a more affordable option, with the greatest privilege (the visa) still offered in the "TE Easy Access" option.

But behave...

Even if you are a wannabe rich (or even if you are a real member of the elite), stay nice and don't behave like a new rich jerk. Or a wannabe hi so.

Behave nicely and they (TE, immigration, limo drivers, ...) will love you smile.png

Reading forums, we, of course, understand that most jerks are not Thailand Elite Card holders smile.png

I love it.

The reasons I love this program have been posted in previous posts. Don't want to repeat it again.

Problems?

Yes, one time.

On a flight back from Europe there was no attendant to greet me at the plane and allow me to benefit from the extra-speedy process to get to the limo.

I sent them an email, not to complain but just to mention the problem, and that I had cleared immigration with the other first class passengers (and lost some time in the process).

They replied immediately to explain the error, apologized several times in further emails, and it never happened again (in 10 years membership).

If you can afford a card (500,000 for 5 years or 2 million for 20 years), go for it.

But, if you feel that 500,000 or 2 million baht is a lot of money... Then this product is most probably not for you.

If this product is not for you, it does not mean that it is not suitable for others.

Now back to the critics smile.png

It is now July by by June.

Is the card launched yet?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Carry on extoling the benefits of it.

Even for retirees...

But behave...

Behave nicely and they (TE, immigration, limo drivers, ...) will love you smile.png

Reading forums, we, of course, understand that most jerks are not Thailand Elite Card holders smile.png

I love it.

Problems?

Yes, one time.

It is now July by by June.

Is the card launched yet?cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Carry on extoling the benefits of it.

Perhaps they could launch it from the new submarine base........ in the absence of any submarines. biggrin.png

I can't stand the idea of an ELITE(ist) card . Christ I can remember when it came out the 1st time round and Thaksin took ages to pay CNN the fee for a blanket advertisment campaign which lead to at the very best mediocre sales. It appeals to the basest, most snobbish form of (YES) elitism ( a word which has been so over used in the last 8 months). TAT should scrap this snobby BS card once and for all and wake up and be honest with themselves about the type of tourist Thailand attracts and implement tourism strategies from that point onwards.

"Mr. Suraphon Svetasreni, Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand, and Chairman of the Board of the Thailand Privilege Card (TPC) said, “The Thailand Elite Card will go a long way towards helping TAT raise the level of visitor arrivals to new heights. It will certainly be good for our luxury hotels, boutique properties, shopping malls and the many niche-market products that we are now focusing on."

bah.gifbah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

TAT and Thailand Privilege Card (TPC) are projecting about 1,300 new members within the first year after the launch, with about half expected before the end of 2013. The countries targeted in the first phase of the membership drive are China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Russia, and the ASEAN and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) (Ex Soviet union states).countries.

I can't wait. Global launch? 1300 new members? The west has no money, so they're not invited.

More hype. Ain't that darned horse dead yet?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't recall the Elite card previously allowing a 5 year multiple re-entry permit with up to one year per stay.

Will there be background checks on the people they let in for up to a year at a time, or is this more money driven and we will cross that bridge when we come to it?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Even for retirees...

But behave...

I love it.

Problems?

Yes, one time.

Some fools are easly parted from their money. clap2.gif

Please elaborate.

Don't ask him to elaborate ;)

The critics have said over and over (and over) (...and over) their arguments.

A search in their previous posts will reveal countless identical critical comments.

While some criticize, others enjoy years of trouble free stays :)

After 10 years of Thailand Elite membership... I am still happy :)

Others have predicted "this and that" regarding Thailand Elite, but it never happened.

You want easy access to Thailand? No trouble? No zig zag? No visa run, fake (or useless real) company, retirement visa hassles, ...?

Buy this product !

Especially if you are financially comfortable and did not reach the retirement age.

It is worth every bath :)

Edited by gerry1011

I got an easy access card last month. I applied while in Thailand.

I didn't have to leave, I initially applied for the card via email and they do some kind of check before you're approved, then you mail in the application form with photo, etc. I'm presuming they check to see if you're on the blacklist or wanted by interpol.

I paid the 500k fee. Then I went to Chaeng Wattana and they inserted the visa along with a one year stamp.

I don't need to leave for 5 years as I can extend this until my membership runs out, or I can leave as many times as I want and just get a one year stamp on arrival. Pretty simple really.

It's worth noting that when this thread started the 5 year 500k membership wasn't available, it's a recent addition to the packages they offer.

Please elaborate.

Don't ask him to elaborate wink.png

The critics have said over and over (and over) (...and over) their arguments.

A search in their previous posts will reveal countless identical critical comments.

While some criticize, others enjoy years of trouble free stays smile.png

After 10 years of Thailand Elite membership... I am still happy smile.png

Others have predicted "this and that" regarding Thailand Elite, but it never happened.

You want easy access to Thailand? No trouble? No zig zag? No visa run, fake (or useless real) company, retirement visa hassles, ...?

Buy this product !

Especially if you are financially comfortable and did not reach the retirement age.

It is worth every bath smile.png

It is worth every bath

would that be a freudian slip, Taking a bath as in lost money.

I just don't think giving 2mill baht is worth what you get for it. It also seems you have a certain arrogance regarding the card. It would also have been cheaper to apply for Thai citizenship, you would also avoid visa runs etc. Which lets face it is all the card gives you.

But each to his own. I guess you were lucky they never canceled the card when they stopped issuing them a few years ago.

beatdeadhorse.gif they are simply not capable of learning from the repeated mistakes. The Thai ethos appears to be if you don't success the first-time in scamming people simply re-vamp it. <deleted>!

Why would you call it a mistake when they got 2,000+ idiots to hand over millions of baht?

biggrin.png

I got an easy access card last month. I applied while in Thailand.

I didn't have to leave, I initially applied for the card via email and they do some kind of check before you're approved, then you mail in the application form with photo, etc. I'm presuming they check to see if you're on the blacklist or wanted by interpol.

Dun be daft, they're checking to see if you have 500k and you're really dumb enough to hand it over.

thumbsup.gif

Cardholders will be eligible for a five-year Multiple Entry Visa to Thailand and a one-year stay privilege per visit.

Well worth 101,000 Baht (3,150 USD, 1,840 GBP, 2,314 EUR, 3,367 AUD) per year. NOT!

I'm under 50 own a condo have a great life, dont need to work here, don't want to get married, don't fancy the ED route. If I go back and live in the UK my council tax alone will be more than 1840 GBP per year that's before I even get started!

Cardholders will be eligible for a five-year Multiple Entry Visa to Thailand and a one-year stay privilege per visit.

Well worth 101,000 Baht (3,150 USD, 1,840 GBP, 2,314 EUR, 3,367 AUD) per year. NOT!

I'm under 50 own a condo have a great life, dont need to work here, don't want to get married, don't fancy the ED route. If I go back and live in the UK my council tax alone will be more than 1840 GBP per year that's before I even get started!

I suggest you consult a Thai lawyer. This country is the 'hub' of work-arounds. You really don't need to spend that money on this card but, up to you.