How To Embarrass Checkout Staff Messing Around With One Customer.

thaibeachlovers

I just leave the trolley with the items in it at the checkout, and go home. Then i tell the TGF to go and do the shopping

Why in the world would you be out shopping in the first place. If the old lady is sitting at home while you go out shopping ..... not judging, just saying.......

• Like 2

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Works every time. I am not Thai, so why the hell would I lose face over a silly 7 year old language skill? I actually bend my knees while saying it. All you politically correct folks here (kwai?) need to lighten up a bit.

I agree wholeheartedly.

'Puad chee' will probably get you a nervous nod and a 'thanks for sharing' smile. Whereas 'Jeap chee chee' in conjunction with the locked and slightly bent knees is the equivalent of 'I am bursting for a piss' and further infers, 'and if you don't quit dicking about, I will splash all over your fake Jimmy Choo's right here and now!'

Works wonders!

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 2

I just leave the trolley with the items in it at the checkout, and go home. Then i tell the TGF to go and do the shopping

Why in the world would you be out shopping in the first place. If the old lady is sitting at home while you go out shopping ..... not judging, just saying.......
I have on the odd occasion lost control of myself and gone shopping. It rarely happens
  • Like 1

Works every time. I am not Thai, so why the hell would I lose face over a silly 7 year old language skill? I actually bend my knees while saying it. All you politically correct folks here (kwai?) need to lighten up a bit.

I agree wholeheartedly.

'Puad chee' will probably get you a nervous nod and a 'thanks for sharing' smile. Whereas 'Jeap chee chee' in conjunction with the locked and slightly bent knees is the equivalent of 'I am bursting for a piss' and further infers, 'and if you don't quit dicking about, I will splash all over your fake Jimmy Choo's right here and now!'

Works wonders!

What about jep kee kee? That would work better no?

• Like 1

You see you got it all wrong, you should put them on the conveyor belt BEFORE walking offbiggrin.png

I tell them "jep shee shee" and they lose face and check you out much faster.

So to embarrass a check out person you tell them it hurts when you take a piss? (in baby speak no less)

Maybe it might work if indeed he was in a Pharmacy/Drug Store/Chemist ... w00t.gif

Can honestly say I have never say I have never been held up due to a conversation at the check out. Trying to make a purchase in a department store is another story entirely. Sales staff are forever mincing, chatting to colleagues, on the phone or squeezing pimples. Managers should occasionally take a stroll and <deleted> these loafers, though they are likely asleep in their office. Thailand, the sleep capital of the world

Just say excuse me, or nong if she he looks younger, or just kothot krap (excuse me) in Thai.. And spelling geeks go have fun with that one... My pronounciation is perfect i just never learned to read/write Thai, and that is the way I would write it in english

Be nice to others and they will be nice to you as well...

You should have one of those desk bells in your shoulder bag, remove it, place it on the desk and punch it a few times.

post-104409-0-93052500-1370062789_thumb.

I had to have a go at an airport check-in desk once when treated similarly. Didn't have a bell then though!

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

I have to admit that on more than one occasion I have left goods and walked out of the shop either because the staff are picking nits out of each others hair, too busy chatting or they serve the Thai customer behind me.

There is always another shop and another time - unless you are working and have limited time.

'they serve the Thai customer behind me'

agreed, instant walk out for me as well.

Just say excuse me, or nong if she he looks younger, or just kothot krap (excuse me) in Thai.. And spelling geeks go have fun with that one... My pronounciation is perfect i just never learned to read/write Thai, and that is the way I would write it in english

Be nice to others and they will be nice to you as well...

Nothing with typing phonetics. Makes things a lot clearer :)

I just yell "OI" then turn around to others that are waiting and tell them in English... Why are you all so stupid....

Someone generally will know what I said and relay it in whispers...

I really dont give a damn and it shows... But service is always better the next time....

My wife doesnt get it most of the time but she appreciates my handywork when she ventures to 7-11 next time ... perhaps 7-11 managers finally take action and caution the staff.... ?

Never mind pissing about...

Kor-tote, kor check-out dai mai khrap?

Excuse me, may I check out please?

They're not gonna say no, and you're also subtly pointing out their poor manners without sacrificing any of your own face through silly Thai usage or poor form.

• Like 2

I tell them "jep shee shee" and they lose face and check you out much faster.

So to embarrass a check out person you tell them it hurts when you take a piss? (in baby speak no less)
With all due respect, you sound like the 'friend' in front. Some of the people behind may be on their 20 minute break between 2 7 hour shifts but so what, who cares.

i don't think that staff behind a reception desk in a hotel need to take their break ALL at the same time, do they ???

But in TH one can expect everything. it's really ANNOYING how they just dont care if one has to wait, especially when you are Falang... The chit chat on the phone or watching one of those stupid soaps is more important than helping waiting people !!!

Unfortunately it will NEVER change.... talking about a BANANA republic.... whistling.gif

Never mind pissing about...

Kor-tote, kor check-out dai mai khrap?

Excuse me, may I check out please?

They're not gonna say no, and you're also subtly pointing out their poor manners without sacrificing any of your own face through silly Thai usage or poor form.

Why would you want to check out? Checking in would be better no?

If they are chatting, I continuously sort of move forward into their space and find they usually move along.

Years ago, I used to go to a grocery store and get my breakfast which was an OJ, yoghurt, bag of nuts and maybe one or two other things. The store virtually deserted, with the exception of others picking up a few items. Almost no carts moving around yet. I used to get upset with people coming up to the checkout from the outside area and getting a pack of cigarettes and other items sold from the counter.

Along about the 3rd person who had managed to jump the queue, I would leave the stuff on the counter and walk away. I would go to the 7/11 across the street. It did not take them too many times of putting the stuff back to figure things out and I never had the problem after a few times.