British oil worker, 61, is kidnapped at gunpoint in Indonesia

webfact

British oil worker, 61, is kidnapped at gunpoint in Indonesia

Malcolm Primrose was being driven to a work site in Aceh, Indonesia, when he was stopped by a group of armed men
At least six armed men halted the car and took him by force
Driver was tied up, along with the Scottish worker

By ANNA EDWARDS and RICHARD SHEARS

ACEH: -- A British oil worker has been kidnapped by a group of armed men in Indonesia.

Engineer Malcolm Primrose, 61, was ambushed by an armed group as he travelled back from a mine site, reports said.

Mr Primrose is said to work for mining company Medco E&P and was in a car with his driver when confronted by the men at around 11am local time in Lubuk Pempeng village, East Aceh district, officials said.

Police said six men armed with rifles and a pistol fired a warning shot into the air, forcing Mr Primrose's driver to stop as he drove the Briton from the gas company where he worked to his home in Seumali village.

Police Commander Muhajir, who uses only one name, said police and troops had spread out in the region but there was no sign of Scottish Mr Primrose or his attackers.

'The perpetrators forced the car to stop and tied up the driver,' said Commander Muhajir.

'They then forced Mr Primrose into their car, which had no number plates, and drove off with him.'

The driver, Dania Arani, managed to free himself and raised the alarm.

The men drove off toward the Ranto Peureulak subdistric, police chief Muhajir told the Jakarta Globe.

He told the paper: 'Police officers, with the help of soldiers, are combing the surrounding areas where the victim was kidnapped and the remote areas in Ranto Peureulak to hunt the perpetrators.'

Full story: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2340056/British-oil-worker-Malcolm-Primrose-61-kidnapped-gunpoint-Indonesia.html

-- Daily Mail 2013-06-13

how is this thailand related news , when i post something about a former embassy official who is missing and might be hiding in Thailand (pedophile) it gets removed

however hope they will find him soon , but i guess they just want money otherwise the driver would have been killed also ,or he is in on the job

how is this thailand related news , when i post something about a former embassy official who is missing and might be hiding in Thailand (pedophile) it gets removed

however hope they will find him soon , but i guess they just want money otherwise the driver would have been killed also ,or he is in on the job

This is the World News Section and most threads are not related to Thailand. If you have questions about why posts or threads are removed, please PM a moderator who may be able to explain or may be able to contact someone who can.

• Like 2

This is the World News Section and most threads are not related to Thailand. If you have questions about why posts or threads are removed, please PM a moderator who may be able to explain or may be able to contact someone who can.

ok ok thanks did not see that world news thing

Some places are getting a little too hot for working people of foreign origin.

I wouldn't want to be a Christian in Aceh. The Aceh provincial government is enforcing Sharia law more strictly. They even arrest boys and girls who are chatting on a park bench if they are not married or related.

http://www.hrw.org/news/2010/11/29/indonesia-local-sharia-laws-violate-rights-aceh

Because many expats in Thailand work in surrounding countries so good news to know.

• Like 1

This is world news my friend whistling.gifclap2.gifw00t.gif