Bangkok: Red Bull heir's Ferrari crash indictment postponed for a fourth time

webfact

People have to realise that this is the way Thai's have been dealing with issues like this for years. Their country, their rules and they have their way of dealing with things. It might not seem right to us as things are dealt with differently in each country. Yes, in the UK, Australia or America, he would already be in jail. However this is Thailand, and they will deal with it their way ...... people are always whinging and complaining about Thailand and the way they do things etc on here. The truth is, if your home country was better why are you here? Simple solution, you can always go home.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that may help change this type of thing is shaming them on social media etc ,you know Thailand doesn't like to lose face ,people need to spread it around .

Most people OS don't know about this ,share the link with friends on Facebook ,twitter and emails and forums like this,there's even a boycott red bull Facebook page .

It's very unfair that the rich brats get away Scott free and some poor arse farmer goes straight to jail for a small thing ,like the guy selling CDs of the abc doco.they whacked that poor dude straight in the slammer ,he didnt kill anyone .

An undeniable example of the primitive nature of this country and these people. They're so far behind the civil societies of this world it's laughable, yet so many of us flock here and then even settle here!! For what? Quality of life? Nope, cheap "Tail." No matter how you explain it, that's what it comes down to, sadly. Living here for almost 10 years has exhausted my patience and my skewed my once positive perspective beyond belief. Story after story.

An undeniable example of hatred for Thais by many expats on Thaivisa .

The only thing that may help change this type of thing is shaming them on social media etc ,you know Thailand doesn't like to lose face ,people need to spread it around .

Most people OS don't know about this ,share the link with friends on Facebook ,twitter and emails and forums like this,there's even a boycott red bull Facebook page .

It's very unfair that the rich brats get away Scott free and some poor arse farmer goes straight to jail for a small thing ,like the guy selling CDs of the abc doco.they whacked that poor dude straight in the slammer ,he didnt kill anyone .

Thats rubbish, when you have lived her for 20Years you see Kids get away with Murder, but it never gets Media Attention.That Poor Arse Farmer you refer to has generally been a pest for years so he does get done for what appears to be nothing.

Prosecutors said that they were still waiting for more testimony from police

In most countries, if a police officer was killed and dropped on the side of the road like garbage the police would be eager to present their evidence.

Thailand IS NOT like most countries... have you noticed?

In most countries, if a police officer was killed and dropped on the side of the road like garbage the police would be eager to present their evidence.

Money talks, bullshit walks

People have to realise that this is the way Thai's have been dealing with issues like this for years. Their country, their rules and they have their way of dealing with things. It might not seem right to us as things are dealt with differently in each country. Yes, in the UK, Australia or America, he would already be in jail. However this is Thailand, and they will deal with it their way ...... people are always whinging and complaining about Thailand and the way they do things etc on here. The truth is, if your home country was better why are you here? Simple solution, you can always go home.

Ah. Thaivisas Godwin law invoked.

• Like 1

Nobody who lives in Thailand will be surprised by this latest 'development'.

The charges will be gradually watered down to a minor traffic offence and he might get 50 hours community service which he wont

even serve because he wont bother turning up.

Even if he was convicted of a culpable driving offence he would immediately appeal -go home-and the thing would start over again. More delays,more years more of nothing.

If a farang ran over a cop he would of already been tried and tossed in KP.

Everybody knows that the cops and the the victims family are being paid off.

Cops being paid off? In Thailand? Careful! You may rile up the usual resident Thai apologists.

Justice?, By the time true justice is meted out in this case everyone involved will have died of old age. Anyone who thinks this spoiled brat or his conniving family will be punished in a proper way must be mentally deranged.

Loss of Cash , Spondulets, Dosh, Readies......is the only form of 'punishment' that will handed down. However; 1 Baht on the price of a bottle of their evil slime will cover all expenses, so 'the people' pay yet again. No surprise......NEXT.

For evil to win all it takes is for good people to do nothing about it.

Why are we here? I refer you to the movie The meaning of life,

• Like 2

In most countries you would be dealing with real police.

I know this is nothing new but: have you noticed that Thailand is not like most countries?

An undeniable example of the primitive nature of this country and these people. They're so far behind the civil societies of this world it's laughable, yet so many of us flock here and then even settle here!! For what? Quality of life? Nope, cheap "Tail." No matter how you explain it, that's what it comes down to, sadly. Living here for almost 10 years has exhausted my patience and my skewed my once positive perspective beyond belief. Story after story.

Preach, brother! clap2.gif (So when are you leaving?)

Honest to God, not being saucy at all, me and the wife are hightailing out of here on a flight July 3rd! Not looking back either. At least I'm not! We'll see about the wife! Either way, I'm effin done!

• Like 1

Can't Ferrari Italy please take the official importership away from this horrible family? First it was the security guard driving the thing, then a bunch of lying & cheating. Now after 9 months more investigation needed on the driven speed (assume the car had a board computer with average speed details etc. / or brake tracks on the tarmack). And what about the cocaine? Disgusting class justice.

The reality of it is, that he's the grandson of the 3rd richest man in Thailand.

Practically nobody can and will touch him.

No doubt, the BiB will get their payoffs, and his trial will be postponed into oblivion.

And because daddy co-owns the company importing Ferrari cars into Thailand, he'll back on the streets in no time.

• Like 2

Can't Ferrari Italy please take the official importership away from this horrible family? First it was the security guard driving the thing, then a bunch of lying & cheating. Now after 9 months more investigation needed on the driven speed (assume the car had a board computer with average speed details etc. / or brake tracks on the tarmack). And what about the cocaine? Disgusting class justice.

I doubt they would do that, they won't bite the hand that feeds them.

That is the reality of distributorships, as long as the sales quota is met, everything is hunky dory.

They're waiting for the Statute of Limitations on the speeding charge to expire after one year in September.

Pathetic police.

What difference could the speeding charge make to potentially getting several years in prison for vehicular manslaughter? For the speeding he will get a fine and it's not like he can afford it! If they were waiting for the drug charge to expire it would make sense, but that's not even mentioned. So, my guess is that they dropped that already.

Do you think they want real justice or money?

If the family have been paid a hefty sum. Then justice has been done. Thai style!

Different culture, different way of dealing with things.... MOVE ON.

we'll all move on if you, perhaps, get into a spot of bother and can't pay your way out of it.. i suspect you'll condone the difference in culture once it happens to you

Ah yes, or when it is his baby daughter split in half by a ferrari and the driver just laughs, pays off the police and says "mai pen lai.":

Justice in Thailand is just like it is in the USA. You get the justice you can afford to buy not that which you deserve. Just ask all those fat cat bankers that destroyed so many peoples lives in the mortgage fiasco of a couple years ago. Not one of those criminals went to jail and they all are back making money hand over fist.

Here in Thailand some dumb s@#t kid has a Ferrari and kills a cop due to negligence and speed then tries to avoid responsibility by driving off. Nine months later and he still hasn't been charged. Yeah, justice in action. NOT!

Yeah, those 'fat-cat' bankers should be dragged out into the street and shot. Nevertheless, I don't quite see the similarities between a banker who steals millions/botches billions in trades and a clearly intoxicated billionaire heir who physically murders a local police officer, except money. One is a thief and one is a murderer. In my very limited experience, it always seemed that those guilty of even threatening police officers in the US tended to die in a hail of gunfire. But hey, maybe you're right. Same, same. I guess murder and theft are both crimes...

Then again, the Enron folks, Bernie Madoff,and others seem to have actually gone to prison for stealing money. Grandson Red Bull is not going to see trial for running over a human being in the street and driving off. Hmmm. Trying to see your perspective here.

Edited by Unkomoncents
  • Like 2

i read they are going to set up a fast track service for tourists and other visitors to the country who are susupected of crimal activivity and must go to court, maybe the should set up a highso fast track service too.........

They have and it's called an ATM, being installed at every police station.

Okay, my Italian is not bad at all. Let me drop a phone call to Ferrari's head quarters and start the initiative followed by e-mails. I am prepared to put time in it and try to convince the name of a famous brand should not be matched anymore to Cavallino.

Sure there are hundreds of potential candidates willing to start official dealership.

Makes more sense to me to invest time in an online campaign for this then, let's say, Anuchit Pomthong and Nok with the 3 mobile toilets found in the south of Holland with Buddha images as decoration. I keep you all posted........"Manufacturer shall not be liable for damages resulting from Force Majeure, fires, floods, wars, sabotage, accidents, labor disputes or shortages, plant shutdown or equipment failure, voluntary or involuntary compliances with any law, order, rule or regulation of governmental agency or authority"......" Just a part from a dealeragreement.

So you are saying after living here your Libido (sex drive) has lessened.

• Like 2

An undeniable example of hatred for Thais by many expats on Thaivisa .

An undeniable example of the kind of expat most of us go out of our way to avoid.

• Like 1

Went home a while ago. Home country is much, much better. Unfortunately, as I'm married to a Thai, I'm married to the over-hyped sh*thole that is Thailand. But you're right: Thailand will deal with it their way, and as Thailand is a fairly corrupt, class-based developing country with a very modest per capita GDP, life will continue to come to the rich at the expense of the poor in the Kingdom. Most people from developed countries don't immigrate to places like Thailand. That would be like going from from the Arab Emirates to Saudi Arabia. Not a good move.

Justice in Thailand is just like it is in the USA. You get the justice you can afford to buy not that which you deserve. Just ask all those fat cat bankers that destroyed so many peoples lives in the mortgage fiasco of a couple years ago. Not one of those criminals went to jail and they all are back making money hand over fist.

Here in Thailand some dumb s@#t kid has a Ferrari and kills a cop due to negligence and speed then tries to avoid responsibility by driving off. Nine months later and he still hasn't been charged. Yeah, justice in action. NOT!

Yeah, those 'fat-cat' bankers should be dragged out into the street and shot. Nevertheless, I don't quite see the similarities between a banker who steals millions/botches billions in trades and a clearly intoxicated billionaire heir who physically murders a local police officer, except money. One is a thief and one is a murderer. In my very limited experience, it always seemed that those guilty of even threatening police officers in the US tended to die in a hail of gunfire. But hey, maybe you're right. Same, same. I guess murder and theft are both crimes...

Then again, the Enron folks, Bernie Madoff,and others seem to have actually gone to prison for stealing money. Grandson Red Bull is not going to see trial for running over a human being in the street and driving off. Hmmm. Trying to see your perspective here.

There is no way to compare the justice system in between the two countries. To think that all of the American police and judges are honest is to think the moon is made of blue cheese. How ever as a rule in America you can pretty well be guaranteed that if you go to trial Legal will be done not necessarily justice.

Ask O J Simpson

What other country in the world will let you commit murder and not prosecute you for it because you were not told that you had the right to a Lawyer when you were arrested? Guilt and justice have nothing to do with legal.

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1