Best burger I have found in BKK

Lonewolf77

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the El Gaucho bacon cheese burger on Friday evening. To my surprise when it arrived it seemed to be missing a top and bottom bun which i thought traditional on a burger.

After looking under the salad and under the fries it appeared they had forgotten the bun.

On inquiring why there was no burger bun, the waitress said sorry and that our waiter should of told us that they had run out!!!

Very odd really, i would of thought when the waiter was bringing it across to the table a cursory glance at the food would of indicated an issue with what was ordered as a bacon cheese BURGER.

Anyway the actual burger was okay, a bit dry but difficult to gauge a burger to burger comparison without being able to eat it probably like any other burger.

They also did not offer any discount of the burger price or anything else for the no bun problem.

That's a pretty bush league move on El Gaucho's part...

Running out of a key menu item... Well, I guess I can understand that, at times, especially here in Thailand.

But then not informing you on ordering, and then further, not doing anything in the way of a discount or other accommodation to make up for their failures, for a 590b menu item, that's pretty BAD!!!

Maybe El Gaucho should have asked if they could have borrowed some of their slider buns... tongue.png

Or at least...have made a quick trip to the local supermarket. Tops a block down the street stocks hamburger buns...

To be fair it was quite late when i went in, perhaps 10.30pm already so giving them the benefit of the doubt they had simply run out.

Would of been nice to of been told mind. The steaks and sauces in there are fantastic, so not really sure why i ordered the burger anyway. Still wont put me off going to back for steaks.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

When Fuddruckers opens up in Bangkok, I may change my mind.

I'd put a Carl's Jr double meat burger up against anything else I've had in Thailand (or China, or Korea).

It's still fast food, and it doesn't pretend to be anything else- but they are good.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am still a fan of Carl's Jr.

But I have gotten one inedible burger from their Silom store out of a few dozen visits to Silom, Nana and Soi 24. It was off- spoiled, tainted. I couldn't tell for sure what it was, but after 2 bites (the second because I was so incredulous), I ate the fries (still great) and tossed the burger..

Still got my fingers crossed for a Fuddruckers.

Edited by impulse

• 1 month later...

An unusual spot for a burger recommendation....

Seasoning Bar & Restaurant on Soi Rang Nam, Victory Monument (beside King Power)

I was very surprised when I tried it. It's not out of this world amazing but for a Thai run place with a Thai chef I wasn't expecting much and was pleasantly surprised.

The bacon cheese burger is decent, the meat is a little pink inside (whether this is intentional I don't know but I like it), it comes with a crispy onion ring on it, the bacon is crispy, the cheese nicely melted, some onion and tomato.

It's a decent burger and not expensive either. I think 170B with fries (not a huge portion).

Maybe not something to go out of the way for but if in the area and craving a burger it's a better option than Eat Am Are further down the road (which tbh isn't terrible either considering the stupidly low price of like 90B).

Has anyone tried Papa's Kitchen on Patarnakhan?
Where on Pattarnakan is that JD?
Patarnakhan 30

They have a FB page

Very good burgers and much more!

Thanks I will check it out!

We had delivery from there on Saturday. Good but won't give a review until I eat there.

• Like 1

BTW the delivery food was really good. I assume it would be even better eaten there.

I live out in Nakhon Nayok and we ate like pigs all weekend. We ordered early and reheated the food from there later.

BTW the delivery food was really good. I assume it would be even better eaten there.

I live out in Nakhon Nayok and we ate like pigs all weekend. We ordered early and reheated the food from there later.

I'm just along Pattanakarn a bit....I can see this becoming a regular stop.....

I'm just along Pattanakarn a bit....I can see this becoming a regular stop.....

Our BKK condo is not far from Patarnakhan and Onnuch

Forget all the usual 5 star hotels Sukhumvit places always suggested for food. I have been in Bkk 18 years and tried a lot of burgers.

The best burger I have ever has was last week at the Amp Bar in Moo ban Sammakorn Ramkamheang 112. Don't usually post but gotta let people know about these burgers. Small Thai bar/ restaurant-odd place but burgers about 8 different kinds and unbelieveable.Price between 110 and 210 baht. Will be going back soon! Oh great chicken wings too.

• Like 1

I went to Fuddruckers several times when I was in Nashville Tennessee. It's the best for beef or steak I've ever had, you actually watch your order getting cut up and cooked, brilliant. I hope they really are opening up in Bangkok.