Australia - New PM?

Old Croc

Did anyone see Abbott's response to Rudd's PNG solution?

Operation 'Soveriegn Borders'

The Coalition has today responded to Kevin Rudd’s PNG agreement on asylum seekers with its own announcement of “Operation Sovereign Borders”.

What next? "Operation Budgie Smuggler?"

This is Dad's Army stuff...

True, but it's a bit more serious as isn't Abbott proposing changing the Chain of Command structure? Not sure that Australians will be too happy with this proposal & it could erode his creditability- comments?

I am a swinger voter ... I'd like to think that I have an open mind, to listen to an argument and see both sides, then make an intelligent, informed decision.

Most times, I start my vote with a Lib, but sometimes, when I desire some social change, a Lab.

Tony Abbott may achieve what was unthinkable a few weeks ago and lose the unloseable election.

I'm just shaking my head in disbelief at "Operation Sovereign Borders" ... <deleted> is he thinking ... blink.png

Flexible Policy decisions ... sure

Policy on the run ... no thanks ... facepalm.gif

• Like 2

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What next? "Operation Budgie Smuggler?"

This is Dad's Army stuff...

True, but it's a bit more serious as isn't Abbott proposing changing the Chain of Command structure? Not sure that Australians will be too happy with this proposal & it could erode his creditability- comments?

I am a swinger voter ... I'd like to think that I have an open mind, to listen to an argument and see both sides, then make an intelligent, informed decision.

Most times, I start my vote with a Lib, but sometimes, when I desire some social change, a Lab.

Tony Abbott may achieve what was unthinkable a few weeks ago and lose the unloseable election.

I'm just shaking my head in disbelief at "Operation Sovereign Borders" ... <deleted> is he thinking ... blink.png

Flexible Policy decisions ... sure

Policy on the run ... no thanks ... facepalm.gif

Tony and the crew have had 3 years to come up with a decent workable policy re: boat arrivals and they present that? tongue.png

Since K Rudd has been (re)elected PM of OZ, he's been everywhere man.

As captured by this image below ... Postmarks are being added daily hourly ...

60706_521252494596172_1449482228_n.jpg

Here

He even found time to slip across the Globe and ...

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd makes surprise visit to troops at Tarin Kot base in Afghanistan ...

4848356-4x3-460x345.jpg

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and his wife Therese Rein have made a surprise visit to Australian troops in Afghanistan.

Mr Rudd visited the Australian base in Tarin Kot to thank troops for their service.

It was Mr Rudd's fifth visit to the base. His first came a just a week after he was elected prime minister in 2007.

Mr Rudd told the troops that it had been a hard, protracted war and that it was time for them to come home.

Ms Rein became the first wife of an Australian prime minister to visit a war zone.

ABC

August 31 election?

Has to be called by end of Monday

He hasn't stopped the Boats yet ... Footie Finals time ... September I reckon.

I would have thought grand final time was a definite no no

Agreed, no weddings nor Elections at that special time.

But the AFL Grand Final isn't till 28th Sept and the NRL not till the 6th October.

Maybe an early Sept Election won't P*** to many of the punters off.

That said BM ... no surprise here if Aug 31 is announced as the day.

Since K Rudd has been (re)elected PM of OZ, he's been everywhere man.

As captured by this image below ... Postmarks are being added daily hourly ...

Here

He even found time to slip across the Globe and ...

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd makes surprise visit to troops at Tarin Kot base in Afghanistan ...

4848356-4x3-460x345.jpg

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd and his wife Therese Rein have made a surprise visit to Australian troops in Afghanistan.

Mr Rudd visited the Australian base in Tarin Kot to thank troops for their service.

It was Mr Rudd's fifth visit to the base. His first came a just a week after he was elected prime minister in 2007.

Mr Rudd told the troops that it had been a hard, protracted war and that it was time for them to come home.

Ms Rein became the first wife of an Australian prime minister to visit a war zone.

ABC

Just makes me want to puke

• Like 2

Good to see the first missus getting out there in Afghanistan...

As for the Election Day, have it on the 28th of September. No dramas for the AFL fans. Certainly wont interrupt coverage.

And when the result is announced, Sydney will already be celebrating their back to back Premierships that it'll just roll into one big piss up, courtesy of the Hon Member for Wentworth. Hahaha

And it won't affect us expats either, because out of the 300+ cable channels available potentially only 1 channel will be carrying it.

As for voting, that'll have been done a week or more prior to that..