How to know if a thai girl likes me

MZsolt

Hey everybody,

new on this forum, but maybe the question will be well known and old: how can I know if a thai girl like me as a man?

In last 6 month I go many, maniy times in a good restaurant where the owner, a thai woman is allways nice with me, we talk sometimes many hours, sometimes I get some gift from here, and I also bring something gifts, she smiley, I'm smiley, but nothing happens. Once I try to invite to go out, but she refuse me (she told first yes, after one week that she has no time because busy with business on that weekend), long time later maybe she wanted to invite me, but I'm not sure (she told something what I not understud clearly, but was so stupid guy to ask...)... What I know, she come from a really famous family, can be this a probleme? Or she just nice, so nice because I'm a customer there? (That is not logic me, I not think that she can talk about many personal things also for other people). Or it's about just friendly smiley-talk? (At home if a girl allways smiley on me, and give gifts that means more as just smiley-talk.)

I don't know if she has bf, or not - I don't think nice to ask this, but anyway, I never see a bf there, or she never mentioned if she have.

The probleme, I really like her, between many local girls, and other person she is just that one person howthinks same as me, and can talk about everything.

my feelings says that maybe she like me, but something is not OK - I don't know, so the question for Thailand-experts: can be something because she is thai, and something works differend?

Cheers.

Edited by MZsolt
  • Like 2

Yes, I not think that is polite to ask - I never asked from a girl before, I always now from instinct what is the situation. (Anyway, I think was enough invitation to go see a movie to show my intentions.) Here I know also from instict that something is not OK (can not happen that two people like each other, meet almost everyday, many month, and nothing happens), I just gave the chance to ask here if maybe it's some thai reason, for exemple:

- good girl waite to see if the farang will stay long-term here, not just few month..

- is because she is high-society girl, and maybe that can be a reason why is so hard to have results.

If this 2 reason is not true, hm, than I think left nothing else....

If you have no experience with Thai girls don't touch them.

Regarding your question, it sounds like very much one-sided interest. That smile stuff means nothing if there is lack of any mature and open minded communication.

• Like 1

Yes, I not think that is polite to ask - I never asked from a girl before, I always now from instinct what is the situation. (Anyway, I think was enough invitation to go see a movie to show my intentions.) Here I know also from instict that something is not OK (can not happen that two people like each other, meet almost everyday, many month, and nothing happens), I just gave the chance to ask here if maybe it's some thai reason, for exemple:

- good girl waite to see if the farang will stay long-term here, not just few month..

- is because she is high-society girl, and maybe that can be a reason why is so hard to have results.

If this 2 reason is not true, hm, than I think left nothing else....

Geez, man, were you just born yesterday? You can ask someone whether they have a boyfriend without actually asking...get it? You can ask her if she lives alone or with her family. Nearing Valentines Day, you can ask if her boyfriend will get her anything. You can ask if she's ever been married. Or have kids (assuming she's not, like, 19). So many different ways, but in fact, just asking her if she has a boyfriend is not exactly offensive (where on Earth did you get that?) And what the heck do you guys talk about if you haven't figured out whether she has a BF/husband?

But in fact, an owner of a restaurant is pretty much "required" to be nice to her customers. If she hasn't taken you up on your invitations to go out...pretty good hint.

• Like 2

Quote from OP; What I know, she come from a really famous family.

I certainly would not put any importance on that (whether it's real or imagined) some of the most famous people, e.g. Pol Pot, Edi Amin, Saddam Hussein, Adolf Hitler etc., 'all famous and all mass murderers'

smiling and being polite is part of the culture - it can seem flirtatious when it is not, or it can be real - but usually Thai from a wealthy family do not want to get involved with someone below their education and earning and family wealth. They have to be presentable to bring home and if a farang, doubly and triple presentable... life in the hi-so, you know.

I think you are asking a question that no one here can answer unless we were a fly on the wall. Most female bar/cafe owners are friendly,smiley and chatty to keep your custom, especially if your a farang. Be careful in case she does have a Thai bloke in the wings eh. whistling.gif

Its easy to tell if she likes you. Just tell her your intentions

Say

I like you and I want to know you Do you have a boyfriend. Is she says no Then the door is opened

I met my finance in a restraurant. She was shitting with a group of 10 woman. She smiled at me so I went over and gave her my telephone number.

I then said I speak Thai but do you speak english she said yes. Then I said give me your telephone number. She smiled and said

"for what" I said so I can invite her out to dinner.

To make a long story short we are engaged and are to be married November 9th.

What I am trying to say is you are the man and Thai woman like us to take control of a situation so man up and tell her you really like her

She is probably careful because she is not interested in a one night stand so I would make your intentions known to her and see what happens

The worst is she sounds like a nice lady she will let you down softly if she is not interested but knowing Thai woman Go after her like you are tryng to catch that big fish and dont give up unless she says GET LOST

Its That simple

Edited by realenglish1
  • Like 1

You should of asked her if she has a boyfriend or is married before you started to give her gifts and ask her to go out to dinner etc. if you don't and you start a relationship with a married woman you are digging your own grave. Remember the Russian in Phuket who went on dates with a Thai girl who he thought was single. He got a gun in his face and got slapped around by the Thai husband? They were just "friends" but the Thai man didn't see it like that.

Have a good serious think about what you are doing before we see a video of you on here with a gun in your face.

• Like 1

I met my finance in a restraurant. She was shitting with a group of 10 woman. She smiled at me so I went over and gave her my telephone number.

:cheesy::w00t:

Is this Japan? I swear I just keep reading here for moments as precious like this one!

For the OP, tell your girl that you're rich and live on a high floor room with balcony. She'll visit you soon enough.

Just kidding, by all means do not ever say that!

• Like 2

:cheesy::w00t:

She was doing what? Shitting with a group of 10 women? LOL
Sounds like he gatecrashed a hens night.
  • Like 1

OP

You said that you go to her restaurant almost every day. Have you considered that that may seem a little creepy to her? Space your visits more, like once a week, so you can see if she actually cares that you come or not. If she is not interested in you right now, going to her restaurant and staring and her lovey-dovey style may make her wary of you and uncomfortable.

cheesy.gifw00t.gif

+1 and raise you one ROFL

Not my kind of thing but, hey, each to their own!

Yeah, that's a whole lot of shitting going on in that restaurant. What's really amusing is the handle of the guy in question...

• Like 2