Anyone remember the old thermae bar?

chrisbinbkk99

Yes, very fun but often.did not get going until too.late for me. Later, I bailed out of BKK for Pattaya but thatbar was the best. Only the insanity in Cambodia in the early 90s matched the nonsense that went on in that place.

And if you pm Hermespan he will very much remember it as well as all those dodgy bars under the overpass.

Aye and Buckskin Joe's Village - Halycon days and nights :)

Haha that was it. Buckskin Joes and all.that nonsense.

Grace hotel coffee shop.

God, Thailand was so much fun back then. Inwas lucky to.do that in my early thirties. The characters I partied with...no one cared how much money you made or how you made it. Real free spirits and some totally twisted souls.

I remember Clinton plaza but Inwas already in Pattaya, Bangkok.just became overpriced and over policed.

Edited by bangkokburning

Anyone got any picture's of the place?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Here's a video of going in.

Superb like going back in time did you notice the toilets lol!!!

Ahhh....good times. Really low roof and very smoky at the old Thermae. Best fried chicken. 100 B a plate

Buckskin Joes - starting and finishing point for many a night with Cowboy in the middle.

Edited by nottocus
  • Like 1

soi zero, thermae, grace, soho on 11, petchburi 39, after hours upstairs at suzy wong, love connection, the roof top bars at raja and corner soi 1 -- even the plastic chairs before they got really dodgy.

thermae chicken, always bought 2 for take home, usually ended up sharing it because it took so dam_n long to cook.

thank god i became a father, id likely be dead without that excellent reason to stay home

Edited by joeaverage

Many fond memories of Bangkok and Pattaya and Phuket from long ago......back in those days it really did seem to be more about fun than ALL about money. But things change and life goes on. I am glad that I got to experience a Thailand that a lot of the new arrivals will never know.

Thermae was the late late night place to go when the other bars closed.....used to fly in late at night, take a shower and head over to Thermae about 3 am for a few beers and "adventure". Now I am a thousand times more likely to be getting UP at 5 am then going to bed at 5 AM.

The Grace was yet another late night spot before it became mini Saudi Arabia.

And of course there was the old soi 7 beer garden back when the parrot was there, beer was cheap, the girls were much younger and prettier and "innocent"....of course maybe I was also younger, more handsome, and "innocent" as well.

Sure do. :P Early 90's...

Nipping down to Bkk, staying almost round the corner in the strategically located Miami hotel.

Memories....

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

An occasional visitor (a couple times a month?) of and on in the years between '82 to circa '92: very much a love/hate thing.

It was vile in many respects but I (and a few friends) had a few good times there after everything was closed.

I was treated well by the management (as I was fortunate (?) enough to be known to the right person based on someone I worked for and because I'd regularly bring groups of spenders) and so it was kind of fun to go into this total sleaze joint with people who didn't normally go to such places (especially those who were new to town) and be sort of a VIP (which is a ridiculous thing - a "VIP" at a place like Thermae) and also know that you could sort of relax despite being worse for the wear after a full night out instead of keeping alert whilst watching over guest etc.

Because it was the last resort, every once in a while people (Thai girls or Farang clubbers) who normally wouldn't go to such a place were there; I always thought it remarkable that despite it being the bottom of the barrel in a many respects, twice (mind you that's out of dozens of visits) I met a really cool young woman there and had a great time for the rest of that morning and into the next day. Had someone told me, I never would have credited that one could find a decent prospect there, but I did. (They must have been pretty good for me if I remember them out of so many others over those years...)

Used to have an office just down the road,in the 90's God i had some fun there and in the other places mentioned ,met up with the old girl that used to work in the thermae on sukhumvit a few months back when i was back in BKK .happy days

Used to have an office just down the road,in the 90's God i had some fun there and in the other places mentioned ,met up with the old girl that used to work in the thermae on sukhumvit a few months back when i was back in BKK  .happy days 

There is a thermae 2 but its too clinical, doesnt have that "this is really the last resort" about it....

it used to be fun... the stars wars bar as it was known...

now its become a meat market for the japs... the girls line up down the left side as you walk in the main entrance (like a giant fish bowl)...

the real lookers are only interested in the japs because they pay big tips and have small weenies...