Consulates no longer issuing Non Imm O Visas?

My non im o visa has now been issued by the Royal thai embassy, the documents i enclosed was my thai marriage certificate, and a copy of my wifes id card. The visa is now a sticker type, unlike the stamped type issued by consulates. The whole process took 13days.

That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Rather than sending my non. imm. type O application direct to the Embassy in London,would it be advantageous to send it to Hull first, as I've done for the last six years?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My non im o visa has now been issued by the Royal thai embassy, the documents i enclosed was my thai marriage certificate, and a copy of my wifes id card. The visa is now a sticker type, unlike the stamped type issued by consulates. The whole process took 13days.

Did you send it or go there?? they used to take 48 hour's if you went in person that was from the London Embassy. Stopped going there year's ago as they treated you like pig's. Off to Birmingham in a few week's to get a single entry 0 then changing that to a retirement one over here. Just about had enough with all these visa changes.

My non im o visa has now been issued by the Royal thai embassy, the  documents i enclosed was my thai marriage certificate, and a copy of my wifes id card. The visa is now a sticker type, unlike the stamped type issued by consulates. The whole process took 13days.

That's not as bad as I thought it would be. Rather than sending my non. imm. type O application direct to the Embassy in London,would it be advantageous to send it to Hull first, as I've done for the last six years? 

It is difficult to say. Personally, I would continue to send my application to Hull so that even if Hull has to route it through London the embassy has a record that the services of Hull are in demand.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hull would be faster than the embassy according an earlier report. Embassy does not accept mail in applications so Hull would be the only choice for mail in application.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to get my multiple entry B visa done in Glasgow with just a letter of invitation from my company (they weren't even interested in work permit). Now I'm putting together all the documents required by London. Main issue is my work permit was applied for 3 years ago and the original receipt is long gone, any one made a successful application with out this?

I used to get my multiple entry B visa done in Glasgow with just a letter of invitation from my company (they weren't even interested in work permit). Now I'm putting together all the documents required by London. Main issue is my work permit was applied for 3 years ago and the original receipt is long gone, any one made a successful application with out this?

Do you have a valid work permit now? That is better than receipt.

agrg

From what you say it would seem that the "crackdown" has indeed affected all UK based Honorary Thai Consulates.

Sorry I cannot answer your specific query.

No report yet concerning Cardiff AFAIK - but it seems virtually certain that they are also affected. No apparent mention of any change (yet) on their website (http://www.thaiconsulatewales.org.uk/visas.htm), however.

Edited by OJAS

I do indeed, however it states that both must be presented and I'm sure I read about an Australian bloke not getting his visa despite providing a the work permit. Also after speaking to Hull they seemed to recon a few days for visa processing but I'm hearing reports of closer to two weeks (I only have 10 days) can any others confirm processing times?

By the looks of things Hull still does the Multi O visa but new requirments as of 2 weeks ago http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx (Abb)

They can also do single entry B visas which would then be extended in Thailand but I have applied for the extension twice before and each time was given a different list of required documents, so not a risk I want to take.

Though they don't mention on their site I was told on the phone that they will forward multi B visas to London for you (London states they don't accept applications by post and from what I've heard they are not nice to deal with in person.

I heard nothing about this mix up and can't find any recent news about what or why is going on. I only found out when I contacted Glasgow consul to check they were open when I'm over. As far as I can see Hull are the only ones making the slightest effort to keep the public informed, though they have said that things may change again in the near future (for example London may start accepting postal applications.)

From Hull website, Dated 07-08-2013

Royal Thai Consulate

Priory Court Saxon Way Hessle Hull HU13 9PB

Tel: +44 (0)1482 581668 Fax: +44 (0)1482 628877

Email: [email protected] Website: www.thaiconsul.co.uk

ADDITIONAL EVIDENCE FOR NON-IMMIGRANT VISAS

“EVIDENCE REQUIRED TO SUBSTANTIATE PURPOSE OF VISIT”

Category “B”

--------------------------

1) Applicant conducting business in Thailand as an employee of a non Thai company (ie a business

based outside Thailand).

Evidence required:

a) Supporting Letter from the company which applicant is employed by or representing.

Letter of Invitation from Thai company.

c) Copy of registration documents from Thai company.

Please note that either a single or multiple entry visa may be granted in these circumstances.

or

2) Applicant taking up employment in Thailand with a company located in Thailand.

Evidence required:

a) Sponsor Letter from Thai company offering employment – a letter from an agent acting for

the employer is not acceptable.

Copy of registration documents from Thai company.

c) If applicant is to be employed as a teacher they must also provide a copy of their Teaching

Qualifications and a valid UK Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Check.

For more information please visit the relevant website:-

Please note that only a single entry visa will be granted in these circumstances. Applicant

or employer will need to arrange Extension of Stay or Work Permit as appropriate.

or

a) Undertaking an unpaid vocational training course (teaching, diving, boxing, etc).

Evidence required:

a) Supporting Letter from course organisation.

Copy of registration documents from Thai organisation.

Please note that only a single entry visa will be granted in these circumstances. Applicant

will need to arrange Extension of Stay as necessary.

Abb 01.08.13

1/3

Category “ED”

-----------------------------

1) Studying in Thailand.

Evidence required:

a) Supporting Letter from school/college/university at which applicant will be studying.

Copy of appropriate registration documents from school/college/university.

Please note that either a single or multiple entry visa may be granted in these circumstances.

or

2) Taking part in a work study/observation tour in Thailand.

Evidence required:

a) Supporting letter from institution which applicant will be attending.

Copy of appropriate registration documents from Thai institution.

or

3) Participating in a project or seminar.

Evidence required:

a) Supporting letter from organisation arranging project/seminar.

Copy of appropriate registration documents from Thai organisation.

or

4) Attending a business conference or trade fair.

Evidence required:

a) Supporting letter from organisation arranging conference/trade fair or from exhibitor.

Copy of appropriate registration documents from conference/trade fair organisers or from

exhibitor.

or

5) Attending as an official at a recognised event.

Evidence required:

a) Supporting letter from organiser of event.

Copy of appropriate registration documents from event organiser.

or

6) Studying as a Buddhist Monk.

Evidence required:

a) Supporting letter from Buddhist Monastery.

Please note that either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.

Abb 01.08.13

2/3

1) Married to a Thai national.

Evidence required:

Category “O”

--------------------------

a) If married in Thailand:

Copies of Original Thai Marriage Certificate (KorRor.3) and Thai ID Card or Thai Passport.

If married in UK:

Copies of Original UK Marriage Certificate, Thai Marriage Registration (KorRor.2) and Thai ID

Card or Thai Passport.

Either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted in these circumstances.

or

2) Visiting Thai child living in Thailand.

Evidence required

or

a) Birth Certificate of child showing relationship.

Proof of having Legal Custody of the child. Please note that this document can be in Thai

language if submitted to either the Royal Thai Consulate at Hull or the Royal Thai Embassy.

Please note that a child ceases to be regarded as a child for these purposes when attaining 20

years of age.

3) Visiting non Thai family working and/or living in Thailand.

Evidence required:

or

a) Birth/Marriage Certificate to show relationship and date of birth – applicant must not be older

than 20 years.

Letter from relative in Thailand confirming they are in Thailand together with copy of page in

their passport showing valid entry visa or a copy of their valid work permit.

Either a single or multiple entry visa can be granted to applicant aged up to 20 years in these

circumstances. If applicant is aged 21 or over they can be granted only a Tourist Visa with 1,

2 or 3 entries.

4) Volunteer Work with NGO or Charity Organisation (not with Private Organisations).

Evidence required:

or

a) Sponsor Letter from volunteer/charity organisation which must be registered in Thailand.

Only a single entry visa can be granted in these circumstances. Applicant will need to

arrange Extension of Stay as necessary. Please check with volunteer/charity organisation for

what extra documentation may be required by Thai Immigration to extend stay.

5) Visiting Thailand as Pensioner aged 65 and over.

Evidence required:

or

a) Bank Statement or Pension Statement showing receipt of State and/or Private Pension.

6) Visiting Thailand as Retired Person aged between 50 and 64 years

Evidence required:

a) Copy of Bank Statement showing income of minimum 65,000 Baht (approx £1,400) per

month or lump sum of minimum 800,000 Baht (approx £18,000)

Abb 01.08.13

3/3

I do indeed, however it states that both must be presented and I'm sure I read about an Australian bloke not getting his visa despite providing a the work permit. Also after speaking to Hull they seemed to recon a few days for visa processing but I'm hearing reports of closer to two weeks (I only have 10 days) can any others confirm processing times? 

By the looks of things Hull still does the Multi O visa but new requirments as of 2 weeks ago http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx (Abb)

They can also do single entry B visas which would then be extended in Thailand but I have applied for the extension twice before and each time was given a different list of required documents, so not a risk I want to take.

Though they don't mention on their site I was told on the phone that they will forward multi B visas to London for you (London states they don't accept applications by post and from what I've heard they are not nice to deal with in person.

I heard nothing about this mix up and can't find any recent news about what or why is going on. I only found out when I contacted Glasgow consul to check they were open when I'm over. As far as I can see Hull are the only ones making the slightest effort to keep the public informed, though they have said that things may change again in the near future (for example London may start accepting postal applications.)

You might want to check embassy website to see what they require.

A work permit should be enough. A receipt is normally only needed for first application. It makes no sense to me for them to want both.

There is a report that Hull took 4 days. They might be faxing or emailing apps to London for approval.

On the London embassy website it asks for both. I have emailed them to see what they say. Of course it doesn't make sense to require both, but when have immigration rules ever made sensewink.png

At least a wait time of 4 days sounds promising!

Edited by agrg

My take is that the Immigration Police, through having no part of the INITIAL visa issuing are forever playing catchup with the xx% of disingenuous visa abusers accumulating in LOS.

Why are you talking about Thailand /Thai Immigration ? As far as I know there has been no change recently in Thailand about Visa rules. The object of this thread is relative to UK consulates only, and the reason may be that it was way too easy to get "Multiple nom-Imm O for reason of being over 50" in Hull or UK compared to most Thai consulates abroad who were already asking for proof of resources for these multiple O visa.

This page of embassy website does not mention receipt.

http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/?q=node/49

"Letter of acceptance from the Ministry of Labour and Social Welfare (Alien Occupational

Control Division, Department of Employment"

when checking a very similar list of requirements here http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/123/15388-Non-Immigrant-Visa-%22B%22-(for-Business-and.html

The letter if acceptance/approval is apparently the letter that came with initial application of work permit.

"Letter of approval from the Ministry of Labour. To obtain this letter, the applicant’s prospective employer in Thailand is required to submit Form WP3 at the Office of Foreign Workers Administration, Department of Employment, Ministry of Labour"

(Wp3 is work permit application form)

It may well be that this is only required if work permit hasn't been issued yet, but this isn't clarified on any site. As mentioned this would make sense but I was wondering if anyone can confirm?

(PS if any one thinks this should be moved to a new thread let me know, I just though were kind of in the same boat with the change in application procedures in the UK)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes its all changed i can confirm the following:

Its no longer possible to get Multiple Entry B Visa, from Hull or Birmingham, i called them both and even had my details sent of too London Embassy with everything explained, they just gave me a 90 day entry which is just pathetic as i cant get anything processed in Thailand in 90 days, certainly not my business to get a Work permit.

Further more the only way you can have a multiple B Visa is if you work for a company NOT located in Thailand? Excuse me but what if you are an Investor with majority shares in many Thai companies and need to go to meetings and have property in Thailand. Now a B Visa is not good enough?

In all the years i have done business in Thailand i have never seen it as bad as this, its gone from worse to worse and its sad to see they are going to ruin everything before the AEC, already conisdering egtting out now as the current gov hasnt got a clue!

Yes its all changed i can confirm the following:

Its no longer possible to get Multiple Entry B Visa, from Hull or Birmingham, i called them both and even had my details sent of too London Embassy with everything explained, they just gave me a 90 day entry which is just pathetic as i cant get anything processed in Thailand in 90 days, certainly not my business to get a Work permit.

Further more the only way you can have a multiple B Visa is if you work for a company NOT located in Thailand? Excuse me but what if you are an Investor with majority shares in many Thai companies and need to go to meetings and have property in Thailand. Now a B Visa is not good enough?

In all the years i have done business in Thailand i have never seen it as bad as this, its gone from worse to worse and its sad to see they are going to ruin everything before the AEC, already conisdering egtting out now as the current gov hasnt got a clue!

Maybe the government has got a clue and is clamping down on the scammers !

No reason that 90 days is not enough to obtain a WP (with the correct paperwork)! The single entry can of course be extended again with the correct paperwork !

Best of luck ! smile.png

• 2 months later...

Anybody any recent experience with obtaining a multiple entry Non Immigrant B from a UK consulate?

I got one in Birmingham last year with a letter from the UK company I act as an agent for and a letter from a Thai company confirming a business visit.

Whilst both are happy to give their company registration number on a simple letter etc frankly the Thai Co are not going to start copying & sending company registration docs to the UK. So if I really need these I am not going to bother losing my £125 application fee...

I phoned Cardiff and they said (as per previous comments here and on Birm website) that everything is sent to London for approval BUT that this could be done by emailing scanned docs to them for onward transmission to London!