Mystery Surrounds This Irish Man Beaten Up In Soi Beokeow.

britmaveric

Mystery surrounds this Irish man beaten up in Soi Beokeow.

An interesting case now from the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital on the Sukumvit Road. This foreign man thought to be of Irish Nationality had been taken to the Emergency Department after becoming involved in an altercation in Soi Beokeow. He refused treatment and decided to leave the hospital.

As you can see he did not get very far and was discovered moments later in the hospital car park where he had collapsed because of a combination of consuming excess amount of alcohol and sustaining injuries during the fight. Security guards managed to place the man on a stretcher and this time he was treated for minor cuts and bruises to his face and upper body.

The cause of the injuries is a mystery and it is unlikely the real story will ever be known as to why this Irish tourist ended up in this state.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 6th April 2006

Patrick and Murphy were out fishing and the motor packed in on the boat. Patrick says to Murphy, "What are we going to do now?" Murphy says, "We`ll just have to wait for help."

After two days they are about 40 miles from the coast and come across a bottle..Patrick opens the bottle and out pops a genie who grants them just one wish----Quick as a flash Patrick says, "Turn the sea into Guinness." The sea turns black with Guinness.-----Murphy says, "You stupid fool! we`ll have to piss in the boat."

Odds on it was a fellow Brit who belted him.

Soi Bourkhao seems to have gone seriously downhill over the last 9 months or so..........seems to be Brit bars opening left right and centre and lets just say a lot of the clientele are less than desirable................and i speak as someone who has always been a Soi Bourkhao supporter, unfortunately not anymore. :o

Soi Bourkhao seems to have gone seriously downhill over the last 9 months or so..........seems to be Brit bars opening left right and centre and lets just say a lot of the clientele are less than desirable................and i speak as someone who has always been a Soi Bourkhao supporter, unfortunately not anymore. :D

Gone the way of Soi Marine? :o Nah not that bad yet.... :D

Lots of cheaper accommodation in the area, coupled with lots of new bars....add to that lots of traffic and very narrow roads and it will attract problems....but isn`t that the plan for Pattaya? i.e. all the bars and so called sleaze to move behind 2nd Rd to leave the beachfront area for the family tourist?

Lots of cheaper accommodation in the area, coupled with lots of new bars....add to that lots of traffic and very narrow roads and it will attract problems....but isn`t that the plan for Pattaya? i.e. all the bars and so called sleaze to move behind 2nd Rd to leave the beachfront area for the family tourist?

So I heard.... just look at Soi Diana :o

Edited by britmaveric

I went on a bit of a bar-hop with some buddies from the 'stan. We hit a few bars on Soi Bukhao. I noticed that they all seemed very much alike. Small shophouse bar, a couple of tables, a couple of girls, and a small crew (3-5) of regulars that most likely lived in the building that housed the bar.

Saw at least a half a dozen similar bars within a couple of blocks. The girls did seem rather happy at having fresh meat come in (I'll bet they aren't making a lot of tips in those places).

Very little atmosphere, and hardly any reason to ever want to go back to any of them.

I went on a bit of a bar-hop with some buddies from the 'stan. We hit a few bars on Soi Bukhao. I noticed that they all seemed very much alike. Small shophouse bar, a couple of tables, a couple of girls, and a small crew (3-5) of regulars that most likely lived in the building that housed the bar.

Saw at least a half a dozen similar bars within a couple of blocks. The girls did seem rather happy at having fresh meat come in (I'll bet they aren't making a lot of tips in those places).

Very little atmosphere, and hardly any reason to ever want to go back to any of them.

Soi L K Metro seems to have more of a variety of bars and restaurants....then of course you get a great breakfast at Crazy Dave`s....even real bacon....not the streaky stuff......a good strong cuppa all for 65 baht and all the while you are entertained with comedy such as Faulty Towers, Some Mothers Do Have `em etc etc.... a refreshing watering hole away from the bars :D

Crazy Dave's 99bht all you can eat breakie??? Must admit I've been tempted to check this place out because of the annoying ads on Sophon. :D

It`s well worth a call mate......I daren`t even attempt to eat the huge breakfast....but a young growing lad like you would have no bother :D ......he carries lots of good old traditional English main courses and puds as well..... really tasty :o

Crazy Dave's 99bht all you can eat breakie??? Must admit I've been tempted to check this place out because of the annoying ads on Sophon. :D

It`s well worth a call mate......I daren`t even attempt to eat the huge breakfast....but a young growing lad like you would have no bother :D ......he carries lots of good old traditional English main courses and puds as well..... really tasty :o

Uh not sure of that, appetite isn't that great when its boiling outside. Tend drink more water and course Chang. :D

Soi Bourkhao seems to have gone seriously downhill over the last 9 months or so..........seems to be Brit bars opening left right and centre and lets just say a lot of the clientele are less than desirable................and i speak as someone who has always been a Soi Bourkhao supporter, unfortunately not anymore. :o

One thing slightly wrong though - Irish are not Brits :D

...but isn`t that the plan for Pattaya? i.e. all the bars and so called sleaze to move behind 2nd Rd to leave the beachfront area for the family tourist?

"Sleaze????????" Puleeeeeeeze !!!!

How can you refer to those scantilly clad street walkers, those chrome pole hugging go-go girls, those flesh eating beer bar ladies, those tattooed female Thai-boxing exponents, those drug peddling street corner touts, those agressive knick-knack street street sellers, those glue sniffing shoe shine boys, those balloon covered bars, those street cart chefs of greasy offerings, those body massage girls behind glass windows, all mixed together with an ear shattering cacophony of sound as "SLEAZE????"

All of these things should be referred to as "family oriented entertainment." :o

Mystery surrounds this Irish man beaten up in Soi Beokeow.

An interesting case now from the Bangkok-Pattaya Hospital on the Sukumvit Road. This foreign man thought to be of Irish Nationality had been taken to the Emergency Department after becoming involved in an altercation in Soi Beokeow. He refused treatment and decided to leave the hospital.

As you can see he did not get very far and was discovered moments later in the hospital car park where he had collapsed because of a combination of consuming excess amount of alcohol and sustaining injuries during the fight. Security guards managed to place the man on a stretcher and this time he was treated for minor cuts and bruises to his face and upper body.

The cause of the injuries is a mystery and it is unlikely the real story will ever be known as to why this Irish tourist ended up in this state.

-Pattaya City News

Thursday 6th April 2006

:D

Pattaya City News, the cutting edge of journalism... :o

...but isn`t that the plan for Pattaya? i.e. all the bars and so called sleaze to move behind 2nd Rd to leave the beachfront area for the family tourist?

How can you refer to those scantilly clad street walkers, those chrome pole hugging go-go girls, those flesh eating beer bar ladies, those tattooed female Thai-boxing exponents, those drug peddling street corner touts, those agressive knick-knack street street sellers, those glue sniffing shoe shine boys, those balloon covered bars, those street cart chefs of greasy offerings, those body massage girls behind glass windows, all mixed together with an ear shattering cacophony of sound as "SLEAZE????"

I think people are talking about the typical Pattaya Farangs when making reference to Sleaze. :o

I think people are talking about the typical Pattaya Farangs when making reference to Sleaze. :D

Oh dear :o

There is another place just opened directly opposite Dave's called Canterbury Tales, I have never had breakfast in either place but got it good authority they are both good although personaly I found the rest of the menu at Canterbury Tales is far better

Edited by Tufty

the bakery just around the corner from crazy daves does a good breakfast for 120 baht and a really nice fat sausage come with it.

i also like crazy daves breaky but can get a little hot in there, across from crazy daves does a great curry. nev

the bakery just around the corner from crazy daves does a good breakfast for 120 baht and a really nice fat sausage come with it.

i also like crazy daves breaky but can get a little hot in there...

that and the screaming morons on the tv.

Crazy Dave's 99bht all you can eat breakie??? Must admit I've been tempted to check this place out because of the annoying ads on Sophon. :o

Does anyone know dave??

Most of the other bar/cafe owners in the immidiate vicinity seem to think he's a tw@..

You cant beat his singha @ 40baht per bottle though, even if he is a tw@ (allegedly)

Crazy Dave's 99bht all you can eat breakie??? Must admit I've been tempted to check this place out because of the annoying ads on Sophon. :o

Does anyone know dave??

Most of the other bar/cafe owners in the immidiate vicinity seem to think he's a tw@..

You cant beat his singha @ 40baht per bottle though, even if he is a tw@ (allegedly)

Ah don`t be misled my friend...his place is very busy...more than can be said for most of the bars in the area :D

Does anyone know dave??

Ah don`t be misled my friend...his place is very busy...more than can be said for most of the bars in the area :D

I've never met the guy myself.

I've had his (daves) 65 baht breakie more than once , and can vouch for it being consistently good..

Does anyone know dave??

does any 1 know who pattaya fox is,,,is it jonh fox from pattaya,,,the dodgy car hire man from scunthorpe in england??or cigarette man

Does anyone know dave??

does any 1 know who pattaya fox is,,,is it jonh fox from pattaya,,,the dodgy car hire man from scunthorpe in england??or cigarette man

Ha! Ha! No and No is your answer......... :D

Errr.... Title of Thread "Mystery Surrounds This Irish Man Beaten Up In Soi Beokeow"

Content of Thread - relative value of 99 baht breakfast at "Crazy Dave's"

Did said Irishman walk out without paying for his breakfast and incur the anger of "Crazy Dave"? :o

Edited by PREM-R

06_04_1_4.jpg

Injured Irishman.

Probably picked a fight with someone and ended up getting his ass kicked.

That's why he didn't want to report it, and have it come out that he started the fight in the first place.

I guess it would be embarrassing enough losing a fight. Getting thrown in jail afterwards and having the story played out in the news would make it worse.