Disliking everyone you meet in Thailand...

MrWorldwide

Welcome back Mr Worldwide, we missed you!

By the way everyone can click on your posting history. Post #42 remains extant! Take heed from the others on this thread, the ones outside of your clique.

Edited by iancnx
  • Like 1

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I do agree with MrWorldwide to some extent. Many of the posts are extremely negative.

True but many segments of the Internet feed on the negativity, a real magnet for misfits and folkd with anger issues.

On the other hand, TV is an excellent source for practicle day to day issues, such as visas, motor vehicles, housing, etc.

The posters that I admire the most stay clear of subjective topics and don't get sucked in to the never ending and fatuous disscussions that ensue.

Besides that, it's perfect here :D

• Like 2

I can help you here. Basically assume those with the less optimistic outlooks are your regular dropout. yes thats right, may have been spies, secret sercvice, cia seals, sas etc.

Now when I was a backpacker I met many of these, on every continent and country I went to. They have a tendency to talk about I cuddav been number 1, my business partner robbed me of the company, I am waiting for the next job offshore etc.

Now adays these types can use the internet to do this.

Basically tv is just another medium.

no probs

You've got me worried now. Where does that leave me, a pessimistic optimist...................blink.png

Who was I, what am I, what happens tomorrow.....................blink.png

I'm off to lie down. After I do the ironing...............sad.png

tongue.png

I can honestly say, without any fear of contradiction...............

It's in the best interests of anyone looking to relocate to Thailand to read the Thaivisa General Forum for a few months before relocating.

You may not like everything you read, but you can guarantee that you will come away more educated on life in Thailand than you were before you started.

And it's free.

If I'd found Thaivisa BEFORE I settled here, I'd never have come.

I agree with you about avoiding all farang.. All they seem to do is fight with eacother and talk shit behind there back... Not all are trouble causes but id rather not bother so ill just stay with the wife and Thai ppl... Thai ppl dont seem to bitch like farang... English and Australians are the worst... The ones i describe you will see comment in a bad way just wait and you will see them.. The decent farang will keep quiet and agree... They will be here shortly im sure you wont be waiting long

I don;t think it;s being particularly bellicose disparaging or offensive to say that in my experience, the farangs that I have met are not like that,

But anyway, on behalf of all farangs, thank you for avoiding us, and keeping your ill-natured prejudices to your Thai friends, I just hope that you don;t influence their tolerant indulgence of guests to their shores, nor their generous and kind-hearted generosity to their fellow-man

SC

Who made you Farang President? why would you think you are entitled to speak on behalf of all farangs? I'm pretty sure I remember your handle ID, and all I got from you was an offensive raging argument. If that is how you are, yeah of course anyone in their right mind would want to avoid you in LOS, for their own sake and personal safety.

if you dislike Thailand and the people here dont fckn come here stay in fckn oz with other small minded pricks like your self.theres a lot of good decent people living here and if you are a Ozzie your the worst one i wouldn't like to meet and ozzies are normally cool funny layed back guys go fck ladyboys in your cast off Malaysia

I read the original post with a bit of a giggle and my tongue in my cheek.

Two things sprang to mind after reading it.

1. The guy is a complete wind up merchant and posted it to get a rise out of people which he has done, or
  2. If that is his genuine attitude regarding Thailand, then he's a tosser and needs not to be here.

Simples...

• Like 1

In my nearly seven decades on the planet I have learned that if more than one person pisses me off on any given day, I had better take a hard look at myself. The world is mostly a reflection of our own attitudes.

Having said that, there are certainly an abundance of opportunities for ours and other people's character defects to surface here in Fun City or as I refer to it, Sodom and Gomorrah By-The-Sea.

Best to rely on Rule #62 - "Don't take yourself so goddam seriously."

I agree with the OP, in parts.

I have several Thai friends that i met in the UK while at University. I've been to Thailand many times and have found all the Thai people I have met, either directly or through them, to be very personable.

Now the ugly experiences - the tourist or (possibly expat) stragglers, who behave awfully. A few cases:

- Bangkok, May of this year. My girlfriend and I were sat in a Starbucks and a middle-aged white guy sits down, pulls out his phone and starts watching what I can only assume is him having sex with some hooker. Luckily my girlfriend's back was turned to him so she couldn't see. (He had headphones on as well, luckily.) I just felt embarrassed and ashamed, because to the average Thai I am in the same category as him - a foreigner.

- Pattaya, March last year. We were in the shopping mall (the large one, I forget its name) and all I could see were old white men with girls that were embarrassingly young. Unfortunately for us we were hungry so had to call in a restaurant there to eat. I witnessed several incidents: most were foreigners asking their Thai girl, who obviously couldn't understand, what sexual acts they would be performing later; a few others were old fat white guys coercing their Thai girl to take a photo with them. Again, it was embarrassing and shameful. I felt sorry for the tourists with their families in the mall. Luckily their kids all seemed to be just young enough not to understand what was going on around them.

Thailand is a beautiful country with kind people, but the calibre of foreigner it attracts is woeful. I feel sorry for those out there on holiday with their family, more so for those that go to Pattaya and happen to go out on a night. I wouldn't trust the foreigner stragglers as far as I could throw them.

• Like 2

If the complainers stopped complaining what would the folk who complain about said complainers complain about then ?

The folk that complain about the complainers would then start complaining and the complainers that had stopped complaining would start complaining about folk that complain.

Run for the hills.

• Like 2

OP - what is your drink of choice? I think you've seen too much of it.....

Is this a "brag" or "rag" post - or a little of both.....

I tend to see people on the good side until "something" throws up a flag. By coloring the pot black you lose sight of how real most people are because you are projecting YOUR ill will/feelings/illness upon them.....

Hopefully the OP was a lark and not a real life viewpoint.....don't marry - you'll be a burden to someone - Thai or otherwise with that outlook....

Go join the professional poker players tour....

Don't take it all too serious.

Generally it is a great place to live, nice people. However be same as careful as you would in any western country....

RELAX

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So what's your advice when it is not (as Thailand is not) a western country? closedeyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.9v32nXk90q.g

Edited by johnlandy

Don't take it all too serious.

Generally it is a great place to live, nice people. However be same as careful as you would in any western country....

RELAX

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So what's your advice when it is not (as Thailand is not) a western country? closedeyes.gif

I tend to see people on the good side until "something" throws up a flag. By coloring the pot black you lose sight of how real most people are because you are projecting YOUR ill will/feelings/illness upon them.....

Hopefully the OP was a lark and not a real life viewpoint.....don't marry - you'll be a burden to someone - Thai or otherwise with that outlook....

Having re-read the OP, I think he was criticising TV for its consistently negative portrayals of everyone, rather than putting that forward as his own opinion. If I recall correctly from other posts, he does have a pretty negative view of other expats, but here he was asserting that the negative portrayal of both farangs and Thais on this forum would be enough to put someone off relocating here.

Good thing too, in my opinion. Someone who forms opinions based solely on internet gossip is unlikely to have the necessary independence to cut the mustard in Thailand - for which they would need a Work Permit in any case

SC

• Like 1

Just out of wild curiosity, do you think the stereotypical attitudes I laid out in that first post represent my own view of Thailand ? Any chance you could pop back and give it another look ....

You can rest assured that I have no intention of marrying anyone, and I completely reject the remainder of your assertions. Also stone cold sober, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Just out of wild curiosity, do you think the stereotypical attitudes I laid out in that first post represent my own view of Thailand ? Any chance you could pop back and give it another look ....

You can rest assured that I have no intention of marrying anyone, and I completely reject the remainder of your assertions. Also stone cold sober, but that's a discussion for another thread.

Never mind - it could happen to anybody

"short-term holidays from the 'real world'"

I'm afraid for many who have been here awhile, their memory of what life is like outside Thailand involves "visions of sugar-plums dancing in their heads" and their experiences in Thailand are all engulfed in a cloud of negativity that follows them wherever they go.

Anything bad that happens in Thailand would never happen back in the utopia from which they fled. Any disagreement or misunderstanding between them and a Thai demonstrates that all of THEM don't want any of US here and THEY spend all their time plotting against US.

Basically since they're unhappy here (with their own lives and circumstances) the simplest, most logical solution would be for all Thais to change to accommodate them. Tell the kvetchers to go back home where all was sweetness & light and they puff up in indignation. Why should they change anything when they're right and the 60 millions or so Thais ought to be willing to see the error of their ways.

I keep promising myself to just not read the posts on TV. People I actually encounter every day, farang and Thai, seem fairly normal, so why bother with the aggravation on TV? I guess it's addictive. And, a lot of the basic information threads are worthwhile. But the "news" items, whether the news is positive or negative, just seems to be just the same as poking sticks at the inmates of Bedlam Asylum. It generates sound and fury, but nothing of value.

Well said @suradit69

There's some good information here on ThaiVisa.com, but this incessant whinging, whining and putting down from so many of the more vocal TV population is not only distasteful in itself, but an embarrassment to any normal farang who comes to this wonderful country to make a better life for himself than he might get or be able to afford back at home.

Had I read this forum before coming here nearly 10 years ago, I'd never have made the move. It's just disgusting and I have no doubt that if they were living back in their homelands, that they'd be putting down everyone there too. Most certainly, it's a mark of deep-seated insecurity and a dissatisfaction with their own lives. No-one happy and well-adjusted acts like this.

There are a lot of nice farang on ThaiVisa, and I've even met some of them. Unfortunately they are so often overshadowed by these other types. The only good thing about it is that they congregate here on TV in such numbers, so I would suggest to the OP that he might consider frequenting www.<URL Automatically Removed>, a forum where not so many people seem to have these types of attitudes. It would seem that it's not as popular a forum as TV but it's much easier on the blood pressure.

TL

• Like 1