Airport bus

ndonnelly26

Will have departed just after you need it, and luckily so, as you would be in grave personal danger actually sitting in it.

ridiculous comment.is it so hard to answer his question....another doomsdayer

Maybe so, but I recall the bloodshed from the short lived patong to karon bus service about 9 years ago.

• Like 1

well the taxi associations of patong and Kata/Karon are receiving direct payments from every paying passenger on the bus. l got this from a good source

I am sure you are right. The mafia always take a cut in exchange for not killing anyone. Thailand is no different, except that for some reason, here the mafia like to call themselves associations :-)

well the taxi associations of patong and Kata/Karon are receiving direct payments from every paying passenger on the bus. l got this from a good source

I remember a while back the taxi mafia also threatened the tour companies at a meeting into an agreement to hand over a share of their customers, especially from navy and cruise ships. You seem well informed, do you know how that turned out?

• Like 1

The whole of JJ Plaza is leased to "you know who". My friend had a unit there a couple of years ago and I don't think he is a BS'er. They were trying to get this place to become the New Bangla a while back. So the bus stops here now. Makes sense. Pay the boss a "landing fee" and he will keep the boyz quiet.

The whole of JJ Plaza is leased to "you know who". My friend had a unit there a couple of years ago and I don't think he is a BS'er. They were trying to get this place to become the New Bangla a while back. So the bus stops here now. Makes sense. Pay the boss a "landing fee" and he will keep the boyz quiet.

Not the political guy with a son that's the president of the local "association" is it?

Very interesting story on the not to be mentioned site now...totally as predicted..sad, but the guy is blaming all and sundry, but as suggested way back...inevitable results coffee1.gif

looking at the feedback i would be surprised if he see's the month out.....

Business plan? what business plan?.... rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Maybe they already made him the tradtional 'offer that you can't refuse'.

I am sure you are right. The mafia always take a cut in exchange for not killing anyone. Thailand is no different, except that for some reason, here the mafia like to call themselves associations :-)

Actually all over the world mafia exist in the form of associations as well as, any other kind of businesses, law enforcement, political parties, even charity etc. It comes in all forms imaginable.

What's the site that can't be mentioned? Is it the one that rhymes with baguette?

Phuket Wan (or Bangkok Post for national discussions).

I guess the site and newspaper can be said out loud, but links and quotes from these sites are not allowed.

Anyway, being cryptic, like calling these 'Rule 31 newspapers' is more fun.

From Rule 31.

Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed.

I had a friend fly down from Bangkok yesterday, and he decided to give the new bus service a shot.

He got in around 1345, so had to wait half an hour.

Out of interest - he asked about the bus as he came out of departures, and was told in no uncertain terms by everyone that there is no bus service.

He went looking for it anyway, and was followed out of the terminal while he was walking towards the bus stop by several more touts telling him there was no bus and he would need to take a taxi.

As he told me later, this just made up him more determined to catch the bus.

Bus left on time at 1415, about a third full.

Took him just under an hour to get to the stop on the bypass road, and he was dropped off straight outside Tesco (not at Billion Plaza over the road where I was waiting)

Cost was 80 baht as per the advertised rate.

He said it was a no brainer - although admittedly in his case he had someone picking him up to take him into Phuket Town.

Hope this info helps.

I was planning to catch the bus tomorrow when I get back to Phuket from a short trip - but the schedule doesn't work for me in this case. I get in around 4.30, and the next scheduled run isn't until 7.30pm - and I don't fancy sitting around the airport for 3 hours.

Can someone provide some directions as to where the bus stop is located when exiting the airport?

Out the terminal door and turn left, just a short walk, maybe 30m depending on which door you exit.

Thank you

Ps is it just me or is the website down?

Edited by wellred

• 3 weeks later...

Is the airport Patong beach bus service restarted already?

http://phuketairportbusexpress.com/en

English version seems not to be fully translated. Google translate can help

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=th&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=th&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fphuketairportbusexpress.com%2Fen

According to news sources, yes, it has restarted.