Monk cost me millions, Ubon Ratchathani car shop owner says

webfact

SANGHA
Monk cost me millions, Ubon car shop owner says

WICHIT MEESAWAT
THE NATION

30210978-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- THE OWNER of a car-accessory shop in Ubon Ratchathani, questioned recently for allegedly providing 35 cars to Wirapol Sukphol, told the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) yesterday that he had been duped by the former monk - at a cost of millions of baht.

Suparat Wiriyaseubpong, of Saeng Charoen Sound and Motor Sport, said he suffered losses because the monk, now disrobed and a fugitive overseas, conned him into writing 10 cheques worth Bt5 million as instalments to Ubon Ratchathani Benz Centre on Wirapol's behalf. He said he also sent Bt4 million to pay for jewellery and donated Bt3 million for Vihara pillars and a Buddha image. He said he helped the monk because many important people respected him and he was also a good customer.

Suparat said he had been asking for his money back but the monk always avoided the issue. He said he had text messages as evidence to back his claim that he was a victim.

Some 17 vehicles in Suparat's name were seized on Saturday by the Anti-Money Laundering Office (AMLO) pending presentation of car-ownership documents.

The shop owner lamented that news of his ties to Wirapol, better known as Luang Pu Nenkham, affected his family's reputation and his business. He insisted that he had documents for the 17 vehicles seized, as well as the 35 cars he procured for Wirapol.

DSI Security Crime Bureau chief Pong-in Intarakhao said it was good that Suparat had revealed information to confirm he was a "damaged party". He said the DSI believed there were many people who had dealings with the monk but were afraid to reveal this for fear it would harm them.

He said the DSI was ready to listen to "victims" as it had with Suparat and give them security.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-07-23

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was a good customer . . . right . . . and everything he has done flies in the face of what "real" Buddhism is all about. But then I guess that's no surprise here . . . sell their souls for a buck.

Most likely he knew it was wrong but assumed that since he was a monk and well connected nothing could go wrong.

How often are we farangs told we should respect Buddhism and that we don't understand it? Well may be right about the last part.

• Like 2

hahahahaha hahaha hahahaha yes thinking before you do buisinesss with monks hahaha hahahaha now he is in mexico with fake passport and face operation he will never found again hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha

On another slightly off topic point regarding the case of the monk,

Why did it take so long to freeze his assets?

How much money was left in the accounts before they froze them?

How much was stashed into foreign bank accounts before they got frozen?

How many people and who had their dividends paid up before they got frozen?

Maybe this guy missed his dividend, hence the reason for him now bleating like a lost lamb.

• Like 1

Helllooo,, what were you thinking pal ? you dealt with A MONK, in many millions of baht,

bought cars, jewelries and properties with him, and you never stopped to think for a moment

that this business stinks of tainted money?

you have no one to blame but yourself and your self alone.

truer words never spoken....greed however overcomes rational thinking.....

There is a old redneck expresion, " my heart bleeds piss for your self inflicted problems" The sad part is the DSI and other government cartels will keep on blowing smoke, and patting themserlves on the back for doing fa.

Helllooo,, what were you thinking pal ? you dealt with A MONK, in many millions of baht,

bought cars, jewelries and properties with him, and you never stopped to think for a moment

that this business stinks of tainted money?

you have no one to blame but yourself and your self alone.

and he is affraid to come earlyier with his complaint

buddha will hit you with a plastic yogurtcup

Oh, what a tangled web we weave. Of course, every penny of the cash taxed and accounted for.

Spot On. I can hear Tarit now " we will give you 30 days to explain etc "

also provide cheap tickets out of thailand so France,US , or Dubai ?

Quote:

"The shop owner lamented that news of his ties to Wirapol, better known as Luang Pu Nenkham, affected his family's reputation and his business. He insisted that he had documents for the 17 vehicles seized, as well as the 35 cars he procured for Wirapol."

Well Mr car shop owner you knew without any doubt that monks buying 1 car let alone 35 cars was totally inappropriate and if discovered would cause quite some smelly scandal, and you he must have also known that a monk with the cash to buy this many vehicles must be involved in something very shady, including nothing more than rip off of poorer members of the local temple goers and contributors.

You made your own bed, now lie in the shame you readily created for yourself and your family. No sympathy for you whatever.

It's like the people moaning that the amulets they bought from him in hope of a massive profit. He knew what he was doing, was probably laundering huge wedges of cash, but for some reason we should have sympathy?

No principles. Boo hoo....

Mum in the background is smiling? So the bottom line must still be OK. Or he's the mia noi's son!

The first thing that jumped out at me when viewing the picture is that older lady and how she looks embalmed really well and been dead for weeks. I see so many of these type of older ladies when walking into many businesses. There is one at a drug store I use that always sets on a couch just behind the cash register clerk and she watches things in the store....she has got to be at least 80 years old. Although her jet black hair and corpse looking white face makes her look like a wax dummy, I'm pretty sure she is still alive as I think I see her eyes move occasionally although I don't see any other body movements. But I expect if she noticed the clerk giving me back too much change she would jump up and grab back the excess amount before either the clerk or I knew what was happening--I just hope I'm that observant and can jump up that fast when I'm 80...but I won't really care if my hair is jet black or not. laugh.png

• Like 2

Hilarious, I guess his guilt will be assessed as usual, by how well he's connected and of course by the size of his brown envelope collection.

This family is clearly up to it's neck in this and now squirming to get off the hook.cheesy.gif

And after claiming those baht figures it ain't gonna be cheap.