Ducati Monster 795

bkkgriz

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah the black one looks great, especially with those carbon cans. Can you buy them in black or has the owner had it resprayed?

You can buy them in black for sure.

I always see them on Chiangmai Ducatis facebook

Just had a ride on my monster yesterday after quite a while. The older ducs are pure sex, love that rough feeling, the dry clutch and the bubbling sound is music in my ears. Sadly the newer monsters lost that special charm.

Just saw this on FB

It is a monster but what caught my eye was his tool tray

Not one but two hammers laugh.png

971430_491291120958884_423561468_n.jpg

Hammers are an essential tool when repairing motorcycles. Eh... sad.png

I generally think black bikes are boring but the Ducatis are the exception. Was stopped next to a matte black 795 at the red light recently ...I couldn't stop staring... gorgeous! .... didn't help that I was riding the mighty Honda Wave 125i....

Edited by nikster
  • Like 1

I had a Monster 795 for a year and I loved it, it was a great machine and I never had a problem with it. I traded up for a Diavel a couple of months ago and I like that one also. Ducati makes great motorcycles.

How much did you sell the 795 for? Or of you traded it in at the dealer, how much did they give you for it? Would love to know...

I had a Monster 795 for a year and I loved it, it was a great machine and I never had a problem with it. I traded up for a Diavel a couple of months ago and I like that one also. Ducati makes great motorcycles.

How much did you sell the 795 for? Or of you traded it in at the dealer, how much did they give you for it? Would love to know...

Ducati had a promotion recently offering 370K THB for the M795 as a trade in against a new Streetfighter 848. Very tempting but I had just put a deposit down on some land. If I upgraded it probably would be a Diavel.

I think that it was about 350,000 baht which I thought was very good considering that I paid 400,000 for it, rode it a year and had 7,000 KM on it. I traded it in instead of selling it.

• Like 2

I think that it was about 350,000 baht which I thought was very good considering that I paid 400,000 for it, rode it a year and had 7,000 KM on it. I traded it in instead of selling it.

When I first saw that being offered to Monster owners I thought....Oh great Ducati will later sell those used bikes & maybe at

a good price.

I was wrong smile.png

I watched & the prices were more like.....sheesh a person may as well buy new smile.png

Although a couple of the early non-abs ones were priced ok I guess

http://www.ducatithailand.com/pre-owned-bikes/?cat=companyBike

PS: note they always want 7700 baht just for the transfer.

Quite a bit higher than the 1600 usual reg fee which includes govt ins

I have a feeling most are previously financed bikes.

Financing buy outs are kind of odd here

Edited by mania

So a monster 795 costs 50k / year? Thats extremely reasonable... renting a PCX would cost more!

The Monster was a great bike too and I really enjoyed riding it, while it was at its best on the open road, you could ride it in the city with our five minute between changes stop lights and it never even came close to overheating. I can't say the same for the Diavel, it also it at its best on the open highway but puttering along in city driving coupled with our stop lights with their long time between changes causes it to overheat. With the Diavel I have to shut it off for the stop lights and leave the fans on (it's water cooled) to keep it from overheating. Still the Diavel is much faster and a joy to ride out on the highway so I'm glad that I made the switch,.

mik0, how is the back seat comfortable for the passenger?

have you tried with passenger?

My wife is shitscared of anything bigger than a 150cc, She's only been on it around the block, She found it ok I guess though the passenger do have a tendency to push up against the riders back and I end up sliding into the tank and crushing my balls. The seat has a slight curve to it but you can get other seats that can help stop you sliding. I put some Stomp Grip on the fuel tank sides so my knees have something to grip, This is a must have item I believe.

A few guys have been on tours with their miss's and they haven't had any complaints.

• Like 1

My wife has about 8000km on the rear seat of the 795 and didn't like it at first after being the pillion on the back of the Harley with a sissy bar in Oz. But now she pays more attention of whats going on around her and enjoys the twistys a bit more. Everybody gets a bit saddle sore on every sort of bike so stopping every couple of hours keeps everyone happy

I had 12k service on my Ducati Diavel 3 weeks ago in Pattaya. Price was 3600b, so don't think it will be more expensive on a Monster. They missed that the bolt that holds the exhaust had fallen out (!!!) and that the chain had stretched out of spec, so not sure if they check anything apart from changing oil. The missing bolt was really annoying as the muffler was only secured by the manifold and would probably broken loose if I didn't take it back to them. A new bolt was 800b...

The manual clearly states that 95 octane gasohol can be used, but no more than E10. E20 will destroy the engine. The bike runs rough under 4000 revs, but that is due to EU emission regulations that dictates the fuel-to-air mix. If you don't care about the environment, parts are available to fix this. I think this is same for all Ducatis, also the Monster.

After 3 months I am still waiting for my green book which they promised would take two weeks. Even had to go back to immigration to get a new residency permit as it expired before they could get their asses down to the transport office.

Great bike, but Ducati Pattaya has not impressed me at all.

WB

• Like 1