The Gareth Bale transfer rumour thread

carmine

I think the last five weeks have been very carefully contrived and stage managed by Spurs in order to maximise the value of Bale. Not training might indicate to prospective bidders that they have lost their chance, that he is off to another club? And may create a counter bid rtc etc.... Who knows? I still hope and pray he is in the squad v ARSEnal, and that we keep him for another season. The stage at the Bernabau was a complete joke, and I doubt he is bound for RM after all the BS they have spouted this last month.. If there is another club, they need to be very very rich, European, and not in the EPL. I still think PSG is the most likely, but the rest of the world thinks I am barking mad. Spanish window closes Saturday night (info from Carms). So come Sunday morning all will be revealed. Having said all that, what the hell do I know. Try the Daily Mail they seem all clued up!....lol

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the last five weeks have been very carefully contrived and stage managed by Spurs in order to maximise the value of Bale. Not training might indicate to prospective bidders that they have lost their chance, that he is off to another club? And may create a counter bid rtc etc.... Who knows? I still hope and pray he is in the squad v ARSEnal, and that we keep him for another season. The stage at the Bernabau was a complete joke, and I doubt he is bound for RM after all the BS they have spouted this last month.. If there is another club, they need to be very very rich, European, and not in the EPL. I still think PSG is the most likely, but the rest of the world thinks I am barking mad. Spanish window closes Saturday night (info from Carms). So come Sunday morning all will be revealed. Having said all that, what the hell do I know. Try the Daily Mail they seem all clued up!....lol

Get a grip Ian. Bale and Real Madrid have been cuddling for months. AVB and Levy have handled the situation well, but its essentially been a fait accompli for many weeks.

And, good news for Spurs. You'll have a better and more balanced squad as a result.

Thirty nine pages of guff....you wonder why we wanted a separate thread?

So....has amyone stumped up the asking price yet?

No they haven't have they?.....no surprises gents.

Bring on the Woolwich....let's boot em back to sarf London.

...thirty nine pages of guff............half of it by Spuds.

I think you will find most of us got it right..... Lets pass judgment on Sunday morning shall we?

most of you got it right. laugh.png LMFAO !

what an utter load of tosh !

80 + days of Levy being a complete c!@# including today and you lot all spouting off about the fact that Bale ain't going know where.

i tell you what Ian let's wait until Sunday evening to pass judgment shall we. wink.png

and do me and the rest of the forum a favor mods, don't let them have another thread like this one again. tongue.png

what a bunch of wannabee attention seekers and you wonder why all the other London clubs are in full agreement about one thing. whistling.gif

Thirty nine pages of guff....you wonder why we wanted a separate thread?

So....has amyone stumped up the asking price yet?

No they haven't have they?.....no surprises gents.

Bring on the Woolwich....let's boot em back to sarf London.

...thirty nine pages of guff............half of it by Spuds.

I think you will find most of us got it right..... Lets pass judgment on Sunday morning shall we?

80 + days of Levy being a complete c!@# including today and you lot all spouting off about the fact that Bale ain't going know where.

i tell you what Ian let's wait until Sunday evening to pass judgment shall we. wink.png

and do me and the rest of the forum a favor mods, don't let them have another thread like this one again. tongue.png

what a bunch of wannabee attention seekers and you wonder why all the other London clubs are in full agreement about one thing. whistling.gif

Excellent response, now trot off back to the sun, mirror, daily mail, star or Marca...... Lol and top up on your misinformation. As I said, and at least I admit it, what the hell do I know. But I know what I want. COYS

I love the bs....even from AVB....Madrid pay the money and give us their left back....thats all we care about now.

What else is there to discuss? Do we care whether he turns up for training? Of course not....just hand over the hundred million quid and send the left back by Easyjet.

Back on topic....has anyone bought Gareth yet?

A snip at £100m I tell ya....biggrin.png

Orlebar Brown shorts eh?....that brings back memories carmine....tongue.png

not yet smokes, but chicogs hapi cos they bought Santi Cazorlaclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Why wouldn't I be? He's a great player.

yeah coarse he is,clap2.gif

A snip at £100m I tell ya....biggrin.png

Orlebar Brown shorts eh?....that brings back memories carmine....tongue.png

not yet smokes, but chicogs hapi cos they bought Santi Cazorlaclap2.gifcheesy.gif

yeah coarse he is,clap2.gif

Agreed with Chicog on this. A wonderful player is Cazorla.thumbsup.gif

A snip at £100m I tell ya....Posted Image

Orlebar Brown shorts eh?....that brings back memories carmine....Posted Image

not yet smokes, but chicogs hapi cos they bought Santi CazorlaPosted ImagePosted Image

Evidently he loves a bit of chocolate with his Willie

post-63176-13777013333049_thumb.jpg

atm hes a good footballer maybe he has the potential to be a great player, lets see him win a few biggies,score some great goals, or even turn in week in week out game winning top of the range displays and then perhaps we start throwing the word 'great ' around

How has it been, can you elaborate as you obviously know the full details!

80 + days of Levy being a complete c!@# including today
Edited by alfieconn

so now that spurs have spent all their money, is it about the time that madrid come in with a final bid of around 60m euros?

No because theres a genuine second bid on the table. I think you'll find Lewis is prepared to dig his heels in on this one. Madrid have played it so poorly from the onset

Anyway, Bale was aways a separate issue to the transfer activity by way of a loan from Joe Lewis.

How could anyone forecast such stupidity on the part of Madrid?

Genuine second bid? You sure? Sounds garbage to me.

TBH, I think this is the perfect time for Madrid to play hard ball. If Spurs say no, good for them this year, but Bales transfer fee could nose dive................and by nose dive, I mean to a more realistic £50m.

TBH, I think this is the perfect time for Madrid to play hard ball. If Spurs say no, good for them this year, but Bales transfer fee could nose dive................and by nose dive, I mean to a more realistic £50m.

Well if i'm wrong then i'm sure Madrid will drop their offer, who wouldn't!!

But i'm not wrong and they won't. I have no idea who made the second bid but its genuine.

But i'm not wrong and they won't. I have no idea who made the second bid but its genuine.

the bale figure always seemed massively inflated anyway, who started that 90m thing? was it spurs' valuation or madrid leaking that number to the press?

i don't really get why they would pay a world record fee for a player who isn't yet really proven world class. ronaldo was already world class and completely proven at the top level when they paid 80m for him, he'd won everything going. so how come this figure seemed to be established and accepted so early?

the bale figure always seemed massively inflated anyway, who started that 90m thing? was it spurs' valuation or madrid leaking that number to the press?

i don't really get why they would pay a world record fee for a player who isn't yet really proven world class. ronaldo was already world class and completely proven at the top level when they paid 80m for him, he'd won everything going. so how come this figure seemed to be established and accepted so early?

Stop trying to shave a few million off. Its £100m minimum. tongue.png

• Like 1

Didn't it emanate from Marcha? In other words Madrid created their price.

To be frank, until that ridiculous figure appeared i was absolutely convinced we would keep Bale for next season and then sell. It was only when that figure appeared that you just knew it couldn't be turned down.

Another aspect of this window that most forum posters choose to ignore is the possibility of Spurs deciding not to sell Bale. He only wants to go to Madrid, Madrid can't agree payment terms and the second bid appeals to Spurs but not to Bale.

The word for quite a while now around WHL is an interest free loan from Lewis to remodel the team with or without Bale. Very feasible and with a new stadium underway anytime now Lewis knows the value of CL revenues and a 58k seater stadium. Time to make a statement.

I'm sure the deal will go through and probably include Coentrao but i could live another fifty years and still not understand what on earth madrid think they are doing

Stop trying to shave a few million off. Its £100m minimum. tongue.png

Its 86m quid and Coentrao isn't it!! Totally mental if correct

How has it been, can you elaborate as you obviously know the full details!

80 + days of Levy being a complete c!@# including today

let's just say alfie and ian come to think of it, i a long with all the other Gooners that i work with have our ways of keeping tabs on a day to day basis on what goes on behind closed doors at your club. biggrin.png

btw hope all the chavs and chumps within your squad enjoy all their training ground meals this week. we took special tender care getting your caterers order made up. laugh.png

here's a clue if your a bit on the slow side as i know some of you spuds can be.

Lasagna ! tongue.png