The Gareth Bale transfer rumour thread

carmine

Surely the poor and downtrodden Spaniards will forget all their woes when the Welsh high priest Bale first runs out onto the pitch at the Bernabeu ! smile.png

Apart from anything else it would be commercial suicide on the part of the bank.

Have to say JD, still waiting to hear from anyone as to why its such a given Bales off to Madrid?!!

The rumours in Madris are much stronger that Ronaldo's signed a new deal. Its only the english press and the all unknowing sky "sources" that reckon Bales going. But no one seems concerned about how Madrid will be able to afford him or offer acceptable upfront payment terms. Carry on....

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour has it Ancelotti has been fiddling about in preseason games with Ronaldo playing a more central role, possibly paving the way for a set up that enables Bale and Ronnie to play together.

Any thoughts?

Rumour has it Ancelotti has been fiddling about in preseason games with Ronaldo playing a more central role, possibly paving the way for a set up that enables Bale and Ronnie to play together.

Any thoughts?

I despair!!cheesy.gif

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO BUY HIM WITH? THEY ARE 600M IN DEBT IN A COUNTRY CURRENTLY UNDER AUSTERITY MEASURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any thoughts?

I despair!!cheesy.gif

WHAT ARE THEY GOING TO BUY HIM WITH? THEY ARE 600M IN DEBT IN A COUNTRY CURRENTLY UNDER AUSTERITY MEASURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

carmine. I was just asking if Ronaldo and Bale could play in the same team together. next year or ever? Edited by SinglePot

Any thoughts?

I despair!!cheesy.gif

carmine. I was just asking if Ronaldo and Bale could play in the same team together. next year or ever?

We'll offer £30m and Lennon. biggrin.png

Any thoughts?

I despair!!cheesy.gif

carmine. I was just asking if Ronaldo and Bale could play in the same team together. next year or ever?

We'll offer £30m and Lennon. biggrin.png

Thanks Smokie. understood.

Any thoughts?

I despair!!cheesy.gif

When have Madrid ever bothered with austerity measures or the likes..get real carmine <deleted>!

Any thoughts?

I despair!!cheesy.gif

apologies didn't read that right.

my point still stands though, its not up to madrid. its up to the bank and they simply could not sanction this, and they bankroll the club

• Like 2

Any thoughts?

I despair!!cheesy.gif

apologies didn't read that right.

my point still stands though, its not up to madrid. its up to the bank and they simply could not sanction this, and they bankroll the club

Rubbish...Spain have been dishing out austerity measures for years and when they started seriously trying to combat the recession there in 2009/10 ....Real Madrid went out and bought Ronaldo and spent a total of 230 MILLION POUND in that season alone!! The banks didn't seem to mind then did they.

Edited by MrRed

I think what carmine is about is the morality of the issue, lending to a, debatably insolvent company, millions whilst harsher terms are, SUPPOSEDLY, applied to individuals, who knows the reality of the situation. But bottom line is if the bank reckon Madrid can pay the installments and maybe have enough assets to may be cover the debt, they'll loan the money, wasnt the initial galactico splurge and debt clearing , part funded by selling the training ground and some land?

Selling Bale and reinvesting will make you such a stronger side. I'm surprised only Carmine can see this. From a league threat point of view, I hope you keep Bale.

Putting aside the Bale issue, we buy a centre half and a left back, ok,we then decide to sell Bale for 85m and then spend 35m on his replacement which obviously would be a downgrade, so who do we replace to make the side stronger ?

Exactly what iv'e been saying

From the Telegraph,

Levy, though, will only do business if he is satisfied that the Spurs squad would be improved by any deal and is mindful that money in the bank will be of no use on the football pitch next season.

Oh Lord, are we still peddling these idiotic rumours that Bale is on his way any time soon? RM are broke. They would love to do an instalment package and throw in some obsolete players, but Levy is not wearing that one. They might conceivably put together a proposal that might tempt us to agree to releasing him next Summer, but difficult to know if the local authority litigation against RM will be settled by then..... Probably not. Said all this before on the other threads and nothing has changed, other than Marca is seemingly muted all of a sudden.

More importantly are all you doubting fellows in here getting ready to eat some hat? COYS

• Like 1

Oh Lord, are we still peddling these idiotic rumours that Bale is on his way any time soon? RM are broke. They would love to do an instalment package and throw in some obsolete players, but Levy is not wearing that one. They might conceivably put together a proposal that might tempt us to agree to releasing him next Summer, but difficult to know if the local authority litigation against RM will be settled by then..... Probably not. Said all this before on the other threads and nothing has changed, other than Marca is seemingly muted all of a sudden.

More importantly are all you doubting fellows in here getting ready to eat some hat? COYS

True no one really knows, especially that lot over on the ITK thread.... But the press are slowly coming around to the reality of the situation me thinks

Quote//

Talks break down over Gareth Bale as Tottenham question Real Madrid's ability to fund world-record transfer

Daniel Levy refused to meet Real Madrid for a second time this week, on Thursday, after the Tottenham Hotspur chairman expressed serious reservations over whether the Spanish club possess the funds to buy Gareth Bale. //

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10232239/Talks-break-down-over-Gareth-Bale-as-Tottenham-question-Real-Madrids-ability-to-fund-world-record-transfer.html

So thats that then. Madrid don't have any money. Perez is full of hot air and we won't be getting the deal of the century until next summer. Such a shame, but i suppose thats the reason everyone doesn't own a Ferrari. Oh wait a minute, perhaps Levy will let them keep their most talented players and let them have Bale for 40m payable in part payments over the next fifteen years!

How very unsurprising this nonsense has stalled, and very unfair of Madrid to get our hopes up of such a windfall biggrin.pngxmfr_closed1.gif.pagespeed.ic.UuJWYpOV2u

• Like 1

True no one really knows, especially that lot over on the ITK thread.... But the press are slowly coming around to the reality of the situation me thinks

Quote//

Talks break down over Gareth Bale as Tottenham question Real Madrid's ability to fund world-record transfer

Daniel Levy refused to meet Real Madrid for a second time this week, on Thursday, after the Tottenham Hotspur chairman expressed serious reservations over whether the Spanish club possess the funds to buy Gareth Bale. //

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10232239/Talks-break-down-over-Gareth-Bale-as-Tottenham-question-Real-Madrids-ability-to-fund-world-record-transfer.html

All we need to do now Carms is compile a list of posters who are surely ready by now to eat humble pie, wipe egg off face and eat hat..... Though I suspect they will run for cover eh? Lol

• Like 1

So thats that then. Madrid don't have any money. Perez is full of hot air and we won't be getting the deal of the century until next summer. Such a shame, but i suppose thats the reason everyone doesn't own a Ferrari. Oh wait a minute, perhaps Levy will let them keep their most talented players and let them have Bale for 40m payable in part payments over the next fifteen years!

How very unsurprising this nonsense has stalled, and very unfair of Madrid to get our hopes up of such a windfall Posted ImagePosted Image

Not sure what went wrong there.... So I'll try again....

All we need to do now Carms is compile a list of posters who are surely ready by now to eat humble pie, wipe egg off face and eat hat..... Though I suspect they will run for cover eh? Hahahaha

Quote//

All we need to do now Carms is compile a list of posters who are surely ready by now to eat humble pie, wipe egg off face and eat hat..... Though I suspect they will run for cover eh? Lol

Sorry mate but they'll keep banging on until august 18th at 19.30hrs thai timecoffee1.gif

Have you seen how those gobshites at Sky have changed their tune. Pathetic really