The Gareth Bale transfer rumour thread

carmine

Yeah but if he wants to win the League at White Hart Lane, Wenger's the man to do it. It worked for Sol Campbell, innit?

Posted Image

Win what exactly with your lot Chicoq?

How long is it now....?

The Geordies will stuff ya over Cabaye an all...:D

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but if he wants to win the League at White Hart Lane, Wenger's the man to do it. It worked for Sol Campbell, innit?

cheesy.gif

How long is it now....?

The Geordies will stuff ya over Cabaye an all...biggrin.png

A lot more recent than 1961 Smokes.

thumbsup.gif

Yet further and further away with every passing year in the library....you lot are basking in glorious victory tjis weekend though innit?

Chairman farming your club mate......never a happy tale that even for us to watvh.

Usually. :P

cheesy.gif

exactly Chicoq, wouldn't be the first time now would it ? whistling.gif

and why don't the spuds disclose who's bid for him then ? rolleyes.gif

<deleted> lightweight small club wannabee 's thinking they are a big club trying to play hard ball with the big boys ! wink.png

Edited by tigerfish

cheesy.gif

How long is it now....?

thumbsup.gif

You've had the champions league money for the last 12? years and you won absolutely nothing with it,,,

NOW THATS more than shocking, that verging on criminal biggrin.png And you wonder why the top draw players hum and ha about joining youcheesy.gif

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

cheesy.gif

How long is it now....?

thumbsup.gif

You've had the champions league money for the last 12? years and you won absolutely nothing with it,,,

NOW THATS more than shocking, that verging on criminal biggrin.png And you wonder why the top draw players hum and ha about joining youcheesy.gif

Oh purlease. Have you not noticed the shiny, world class stadium casting a shadow over your pub league shithole?

biggrin.png

It is ineffective if you don't do what you said you'd do with the cash it generates.

I've got one bloke offering me a tiny totts ticket - he paid 210 quid for it and that's from the club!

However, the flight costs are slightly more than that, even though I can get one at half the price in Prawn Sandwich level.

biggrin.png

Edited by Chicog

Oh purlease. Have you not noticed the shiny, world class stadium casting a shadow over your pub league shithole?

So , finally an acceptance that it's been built at the cost of the team.

Eh?

I think you've just won the "stating the bloody obvious" award for 2013!

That's been the way since 2004. It's only this year, with most of it paid off, doubling of money from the premiership, doubling of money from Emirates and doubling of money from a new shirt sponsor next year that we can now spend some serious money (emphasis on the word "can"!).

Arsenal have at least 150m in CASH to fund purchases. That's what's so frustrating, although I can't think of too many players worth splashing 50m on and it seems most if not all of them are spoken for.

I thought everyone knew that.

To be honest, that's what made knocking the tiny totts out of the top 4 all the more hysterical.

Edited by Chicog

Chicog, no denying you potential spending power, but what is the hold up? It really does seem a case of, 'It's all mine I tell ya, all mine!'

You can't tell me there is no player worth buying? If they are ALL too expensive then that just means the prices have ALL risen, so deal with it and move on.

Edited by mjj

Chicog, no denying you potential spending power, but what is the hold up? It really does seem a case of, 'It's all mine I tell ya, all mine!'

You can't tell me there is no player worth buying? If they are ALL too expensive then that just means the prices have ALL risen, so deal with it and move on.

I would think we'd have gone as high as 50m for Suarez, but I think Liverpool are still smarting from the huge loss on Carroll (20m) and Downing (15m) and want more than that - especially as they know Real Madrid might want him, and as we all know they pay stupid money.

Higuain was a deal at 23m until Napoli got 55m for Cavani, and so up his price went to 35m+.

Should we really be paying 12 million quid extra just to compete with them?

I actually don't think so.

But I'm prepared to wait for the end of the window - what else can you do? Buy for the sake of buying, just to keep the fans quiet?

But one thing is for sure: Wenger seems to be happy that he (or perhaps Gazidis) will be able to make some deals by Sept 2nd, but if they don't and the club look like they're going backwards when they had 150m+ in the bank to spend, the black scarves will be sprouting all over the place.

Eh?

That's been the way since 2004. It's only this year, with most of it paid off, doubling of money from the premiership, doubling of money from Emirates and doubling of money from a new shirt sponsor next year that we can now spend some serious money (emphasis on the word "can"!).

Arsenal have at least 150m in CASH to fund purchases. That's what's so frustrating, although I can't think of too many players worth splashing 50m on and it seems most if not all of them are spoken for.

To be honest, that's what made knocking the tiny totts out of the top 4 all the more hysterical.

yeah but the clubs always denied its effected transfer funding and have been publicly ANNOUNCING for seasons there has been substantial funds available

and still 'class acts' dont want to join you, clap2.gif even with champions lge footie cheesy.gif ,,, joking aside .I wonder if its the old issue of arsenal being tight with wages which goas bac to, well , at least george graham who always always reckoned it was an issue that historically came down from th board , ian wright mentioned it constantly, there is defo something aint right.

Edited by rijit

Eh?

yeah but the clubs always denied its effected transfer funding and have been publicly ANNOUNCING for seasons there has been substantial funds available

and still 'class acts' dont want to join you, clap2.gif even with champions lge footie cheesy.gif ,,, joking aside .I wonder if its the old issue of arsenal being tight with wages which goas bac to, well , at least george graham who always always reckoned it was an issue that historically came down from th board , ian wright mentioned it constantly, there is defo something aint right.

Nothing wrong there rij....carry on business as usual gooners! thumbsup.gif

That's what made knocking the tiny totts out of the top 4 all the more hysterical.

Business as usual - you mean like Santi Cazorla at 15m - yeah real bad business as always at the Emirates Smokes

I would think we'd have gone as high as 50m for Suarez, but I think Liverpool are still smarting from the huge loss on Carroll (20m) and Downing (15m) and want more than that - especially as they know Real Madrid might want him, and as we all know they pay stupid money.

Higuain was a deal at 23m until Napoli got 55m for Cavani, and so up his price went to 35m+.

Should we really be paying 12 million quid extra just to compete with them?

I actually don't think so.

But I'm prepared to wait for the end of the window - what else can you do? Buy for the sake of buying, just to keep the fans quiet?

But one thing is for sure: Wenger seems to be happy that he (or perhaps Gazidis) will be able to make some deals by Sept 2nd, but if they don't and the club look like they're going backwards when they had 150m+ in the bank to spend, the black scarves will be sprouting all over the place.

don't think Liverpool s issue is the loss on Carroll and downing which no doubts was eased by the saving on wages so much that they know 4 sure without champoins lge footie they're not gonna be able to get another player of suarez class .

That's what made knocking the tiny totts out of the top 4 all the more hysterical.

Business as usual - you mean like Santi Cazorla at 15m - yeah real bad business as always at the Emirates Smokes

consistent was he ? or did have a few good games then fade? did iblink and miss him scoring how many last season?

Thirty nine pages of guff....you wonder why we wanted a separate thread?

So....has amyone stumped up the asking price yet?

No they haven't have they?.....no surprises gents.

Bring on the Woolwich....let's boot em back to sarf London.

yeah, as he's called up to the welsh squad and if he trains, what more fitting leaving memory than to slam a coupe[ past the arse wipes

Back on topic....has anyone bought Gareth yet?

A snip at £100m I tell ya....biggrin.png

Orlebar Brown shorts eh?....that brings back memories carmine....tongue.png

not yet smokes, but chicogs hapi cos they bought Santi Cazorlaclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by rijit

...thirty nine pages of guff............half of it by Spuds.

Back on topic....has anyone bought Gareth yet?

A snip at £100m I tell ya....biggrin.png

Orlebar Brown shorts eh?....that brings back memories carmine....tongue.png

not yet smokes, but chicogs hapi cos they bought Santi Cazorlaclap2.gifcheesy.gif

Why wouldn't I be? He's a great player.

...thirty nine pages of guff............half of it by Spuds.

I think you will find most of us got it right..... Lets pass judgment on Sunday morning shall we?