The Gareth Bale transfer rumour thread

carmine

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gareth Bale transfer saga could soon be drawing to a close with the Tottenham forward's proposed move to Real Madrid imminent.

Bale has consistently been linked with a move to La Liga during the transfer window, although Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas has denied claims a deal is done.

The contract is yet to be signed but the transfer has moved a step closer to being finalised, Sky sources understand.

A world record breaking fee of as much as £94million has been suggested for the Wales international and the money from the sale would help finance a busy summer of transfers for Villas-Boas' side.

Tottenham have spent £60million to bring four new signings to White Hart Lane, including a club-record £26million on Valencia striker Roberto Soldado.

But that figure could be smashed again, with a fee in the region of £30million likely to be required to attract Anzhi Makachkala's Brazilian midfielder Willian to north London.

Spurs have also been linked with a move for Roma and Argentina forward Erik Lamela.

Well thats news to me Chicog! rolleyes.gif

yes i think Erik Lamela will front up very nicely with Willian and Soldado.

Thanks a lot Gareth. Wish you all the very best. Top bloke, great professional. 90m quid and fabio Coentrao's going to do us very nicely.

Then just to finish the job with a center back. Job done!

Thanks a lot Gareth. Wish you all the very best. Top bloke, great professional. 90m quid and fabio Coentrao's going to do us very nicely.

So that makes it over 100m for bale carms !!!!! well knock me down with a feather laugh.png

So that makes it over 100m for bale carms !!!!! well knock me down with a feather laugh.png

i also think when the outgoings are factored in we'll make a net profit near enough.

Perhaps the best signing might turn out to be Baldini. No wonder AVB was so adamant about getting him on board. He seems to be the deal broker. Knows Lamela well to Alfie from Roma days doesn't hethumbsup.gif

i also think when the outgoings are factored in we'll make a net profit near enough.

Perhaps the best signing might turn out to be Baldini. No wonder AVB was so adamant about getting him on board. He seems to be the deal broker. Knows Lamela well to Alfie from Roma days doesn't hethumbsup.gif

yep pleased with baldini, when there's a good relationship between the Md coach and director of football, its a great system, the issues tend to arise when one of those three change, dont want to put a dampner on things but lets just hope he's a good selling as he is at buying.thumbsup.gif

RM had Bale number 11 shirts in their online shop for a while yesterday.

biggrin.png

For coming up with our ludicrous demands they can flog life size models if they want.

Chiccy luv, i hope you don't think the jokes on us do you. You don't seem that stupid!!biggrin.png

biggrin.png

For coming up with our ludicrous demands they can flog life size models if they want.

Chiccy luv, i hope you don't think the jokes on us do you. You don't seem that stupid!!biggrin.png

I think once you went past 50 million the outcome was fairly inevitable. Mind you they are now suggesting we could buy Benzema so Madrid have enough to buy Cilla as well.

Edited by Chicog

biggrin.png

I think once you went past 50 million the outcome was fairly inevitable.

A little over 50m wouldn't have even registered any interest from Spurs. Why would a derisory offer interest us any more than one would interest Liverpool? They just went in with a massive offer

Stop thinking with you Arsenal transfer policy hat on

Edited by carmine

biggrin.png

I think once you went past 50 million the outcome was fairly inevitable.

A little over 50m wouldn't have even registered any interest from Spurs. Why would a derisory offer interest us any more than one would interest Liverpool? They just went in with a massive offer

Stop thinking with you Arsenal transfer policy hat on

Sorry, I meant 50m in spending. Although it seems like Chelski might have hijacked Will.I.am or whatever his name is.

Edited by Chicog

So why did you lot give me cr@p when I questioned your unswerving belief last week that Real were broke and had no money? You lot tell everyone else not to believe what you read in the press (we're all right on with that) then believe what you want to believe when it comes into your own back yardlaugh.png

• Like 2

You're about as way off the mark in your understanding of Spurs' transfer policy this window as your club seems to be in their understanding of current transfer dealings.

biggrin.png

Don't be obtuse carmine, your current transfer policy is "spend all the money we get selling Bale".

thumbsup.gif

So why did you lot give me cr@p when I questioned your unswerving belief last week that Real were broke and had no money? You lot tell everyone else not to believe what you read in the press (we're all right on with that) then believe what you want to believe when it comes into your own back yardlaugh.png

All we said was that if they could prove they had the money he would ofcourse go. Whats so difficult to grasp about that?

We also went onto say that the paper talk of the deal being "inevitable" was irritating and largely rubbish "until" Madrid could prove they had the cash. Whats so difficult to grasp about that?

Up until recently they could only come up with an offer to pay over six years which was/is laughable and they still owe us millions anyway. The ball was always in their court to make good on their bizarre offer and seemingly they will. Am i surprised? No, i'm utterly gobsmacked they are this stupid. When the money arrives in our bank it will be the greatest transfer coup in football history.

And just to make it quite clear, i still have that unswerving belief that he was never going anywhere unless a monumental, world record whatever you want to call it offer came in.

Ofcourse to feel free to interpret things as you wish. After all, Arsenal fans must be getting very bored with this windowlaugh.png

Edited by carmine
  • Like 1

You're about as way off the mark in your understanding of Spurs' transfer policy this window as your club seems to be in their understanding of current transfer dealings.

biggrin.png

Don't be obtuse carmine, your current transfer policy is "spend all the money we get selling Bale".

thumbsup.gif

Yes it really does seem that arsenal and their fans have no understanding of the workings of the current market. None whatsoever from what i can see.

Its hardly being obtuse questioning your guess work with regards our current transfer policy!

How ludicrous is it watching AVB banging on about "keeping our best players from last season" in the post-match press conference while his star player's shirt is already on sale?

Honestly mate, just tell 'em it's with Levy or summat.

cheesy.gif

Would be stupid to turn down the bid of 80 million plus - My good frined Ernie was telling me that the Arsenal lot think it's funny that we are selling players, well they don't sell theirs they go for free or cheap, and then Wenger signs young French boys for nothing. smile.png

biggrin.png

thumbsup.gif

Our current policy is that our manager, in whom we trust, see's ways off improving our squad and taking us , hopefully, forward,and our chairman has , as per normal.has backed him, not unlike when wenger took over at arsenal,Trouble is wenger and arsenal now seem a little stuck, and in transfer dealings cant deliver what the squad needs and since dein left haven't got the killer instinct that their position , ie regular champ lge players should justify.

Can't see anything being announced on Bale until Erik Lamela is on board. No doubt we can expect a counter bid soon from Chelseabiggrin.png

Didn't mind losing out on Willian one iota i was just irked by the manner by which Mourinho conducted himself (what else did i expect!!) but Mjj i will admit if the same thing happens over our Lamela transfer it might well put me over the edge!! Toys out the pram, lap top launched, alcohol binge.....biggrin.png ,