The Gareth Bale transfer rumour thread

carmine

easy easy tigera 50/60mil ain't bad backing .if we get a masrid player on chop plus Cb and with the goings.as.well, might it be enuf changes to be going on with .?

Edited by rijit

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about it logicly, all the reasons that were given a month ago as to why Bale would stay another year havn't changed.

Agreed. But what has changed is how much Real are willing to pay. Most thought around the £50m bracket, but at the new £80+ bracket, that is an awful lot of improvement you can do to a team.

Thinking about it logicly, all the reasons that were given a month ago as to why Bale would stay another year havn't changed.

Agreed. But what has changed is how much Real are willing to pay. Most thought around the £50m bracket, but at the new £80+ bracket, that is an awful lot of improvement you can do to a team.

I'm talking about Bales situation as apparently his stance has changed, not Spurs.

I'm talking about Bales situation as apparently his stance has changed, not Spurs.

yeah agreed, when a world record 85 mil plus was placed on the table IMO it changed the whole picture FOR ALL.

Just a few thoughts....

1. I hope Bale stays....as the team is improving by the week now....one more season and I think CL will be a done deal come May.

2. If he leaves he must be replaced of course....but to my mind I would rather see a striker replace him....Adebayor and Defoe are like truant kids most of our season...two up front for me please.

3. On the subject of taking players from Madrid....I think it highly unlikely....but if we do then the young striker is the one to grab.

4. Suarez....or any other UK based overpriced primadonna....nope.

5. Yeah maybe negotiations are ongoing....hopefully with a view to a deal next summer....THEN...£85m on its own...CL in the bag....he will be given a huge send off from the Spurs fans.

Well...we can hope. biggrin.png

blimey, smokes i think thats the longest post i've ever seen you make,biggrin.png

5 would be nice, but tbh cant c it happening, shade's of gazza 2 lazio haunt me !!!!!

I almost got sober once rij....and then I am deadly....but yeah the memory haunts me also....tongue.png

If we suppose Bale is on his way, who do you want as a replacement? Serious replies please! :-)

We've already bought him a month ago from FC Twente.

Belgian international Nacer Chadli, can play on either wing or

down the middle and can score with both feet.

Has similarities to Bale, he even does the heart symbol when he scores! thumbsup.gif

Have a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNNrkpVHaaM

If we suppose Bale is on his way, who do you want as a replacement? Serious replies please! :-)

Has similarities to Bale, he even does the heart symbol when he scores! thumbsup.gif

Have a look:

That is a pleasant thought sots....but I reckon AVB wanted him so that Bale doesn't have to be played on the left....leaving him clear to terrorise defences in a free role.

The others we have tried there lacked the ability to stretch the defence so Chadli will do this for us.

Did I mention Bale is going nowhere?

Yes?

Good...carry on chaps! biggrin.png

Obviously if the outcome was that we have both Bale and Chadli

in the team this season,

even better Smokes.smile.png

For me, i have to say Bale's departure is inevitable, just like our very

own Les Ferdinand was quoted as saying only yesterday.

Have a look:

That is a pleasant thought sots....but I reckon AVB wanted him so that Bale doesn't have to be played on the left....leaving him clear to terrorise defences in a free role.

The others we have tried there lacked the ability to stretch the defence so Chadli will do this for us.

Did I mention Bale is going nowhere?

Yes?

Good...carry on chaps! biggrin.png

He'll be looking to have them interchanging throughout the match. We have Chadli and Townsend, both genuine two footed players, both fast too. We have the perfect set up now for a 433 formation and with Soldado we have a striker that poaches inside the box which was very much a weakness of ours.

We just need another center back and be sensible easing Kaboul and Sandro back in and were good to go.

Have a look:

Belgian internationals you say? We have 5 on our books. ;-)

Yep it was good to see Townsend come on yesterday and impress....he will be playing his part this season I am sure.

@sots...Les Ferdinand is a plonker I'm afraid.

My assumption is based on the fact that he's at the training ground on a day to day

basis, therefore he should know what's going on.

He's more in the know on what Bale is thinking than most outsiders.

That's why, if he said it's inevitable, it's just a matter of time now.

Yep it was good to see Townsend come on yesterday and impress....he will be playing his part this season I am sure.

@sots...Les Ferdinand is a plonker I'm afraid.

My assumption is based on the fact that he's at the training ground on a day to day

basis, therefore he should know what's going on.

He's more in the know on what Bale is thinking than most outsiders.

That's why, if he said it's inevitable, it's just a matter of time now.

You got a link to that sots?

Have a look:

Yeah, and we have 3 on our books.

Very good players.

Belgium should do well in the world cup next year, no excuses.

• Like 1

Selling Bale and reinvesting will make you such a stronger side. I'm surprised only Carmine can see this. From a league threat point of view, I hope you keep Bale.

We've already bought:

Paulinho, Saldado and Chadli, costing £50M

And Bale hasn't even been sold yet!

If and when that happens, i'm sure a few more will come in

before the window closes.

That goes without saying!

Plus, we,ve only got 3 centre backs in the current sqaud

who aren't 100% fit, so they are a priority right now.

Have a look:

Yeah, and we have 3 on our books.

Very good players.

Belgium should do well in the world cup next year, no excuses.

Interesting.

Selling Bale and reinvesting will make you such a stronger side. I'm surprised only Carmine can see this. From a league threat point of view, I hope you keep Bale.

Putting aside the Bale issue, we buy a centre half and a left back, ok,we then decide to sell Bale for 85m and then spend 35m on his replacement which obviously would be a downgrade, so who do we replace to make the side stronger ?

Putting aside the Bale issue, we buy a centre half and a left back, ok,we then decide to sell Bale for 85m and then spend 35m on his replacement which obviously would be a downgrade, so who do we replace to make the side stronger ?

More to the point who do you buy with the Bale cash to replace him?

You don't is the answer....the shape would have to change....I would add another striker...but who would that be without spending £50m?

Better to keep Bale now I think.

You don't is the answer....the shape would have to change....I would add another striker...but who would that be without spending £50m?

Thats what i'm saying smokes, who ever we buy will be a downgrade so i can't see where we will be stronger !

Thats what i'm saying smokes, who ever we buy will be a downgrade so i can't see where we will be stronger !

The other issue is lack of CL...its not a major obstacle if you pay huge wages but who wants that? And likely needing two players in his stead....an attacking midfielder and another striker to replace his goals.

If we'd take a base of £85m minimum, you could buy something like Suarez and Fellaini to join Soldado in attacking threat. Also, if money plus players was on the cards you can add Di Maria and Coentrao.

If we'd take a base of £85m minimum, you could buy something like Suarez and Fellaini to join Soldado in attacking threat. Also, if money plus players was on the cards you can add Di Maria and Coentrao.

Suarez is a liability and Fellaini I don't rate that highly.

In any case it would cost most of the £85m to buy them and double the wages.

Nonsense.