The Gareth Bale transfer rumour thread

carmine

If we'd take a base of £85m minimum, you could buy something like Suarez and Fellaini to join Soldado in attacking threat. Also, if money plus players was on the cards you can add Di Maria and Coentrao.

Iv'e already said

and we buy a centre half and a left back,spend 35m on his replacement

so Suarez for 45m, still a downgrade and you still havn't answered my question

so who do we replace to make the side stronger ?

ok i'll make it easier for you, midfield of Dembele, Paulinho, Sandro, forward line of Nacer, Soldado, Bale replacement, so who do you leave out, certainly no one for Fellaini facepalm.gif

In case you have forgotten you said

reinvesting will make you such a stronger side
  • Like 1

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suarez and Felliani scored a combined tally of 34 goals last season, with bans. Barring Bale your goals came from Defoe (11), Dempsey (7). Of your second and third top scorers, one you don't want and one you have sold. I doubt Paulinho or Chadli are going to be that prolific, so you have a heavy reliance on Bale and Soldado.

Just my opinion. Carry on as you are (hopefully) and we shall resume in a few months.

Seems to me it's not rocket science.

Replacing a Superstar already proven in the Spurs fold ( GB) with another player/players is a gamble however good they might look on paper.

IMHO I think Spurs would be well to keep Bale this coming season in a period of transition from good club to very very good club.

Presumably your new signings have been bought on the basis of a team that includes Bale?

Paulhino, Soldado, Chadli bought before the RM disruption?

Suarez and Felliani scored a combined tally of 34 goals last season, with bans. Barring Bale your goals came from Defoe (11), Dempsey (7). Of your second and third top scorers, one you don't want and one you have sold. I doubt Paulinho or Chadli are going to be that prolific, so you have a heavy reliance on Bale and Soldado.

Just my opinion. Carry on as you are (hopefully) and we shall resume in a few months.

Well Chadli scored ten goals last season and Paulinho score thirteen goals.

Your argument is just getting weaker and weaker mjj!

Seems to me it's not rocket science.

Replacing a Superstar already proven in the Spurs fold ( GB) with another player/players is a gamble however good they might look on paper.

IMHO I think Spurs would be well to keep Bale this coming season in a period of transition from good club to very very good club.

Presumably your new signings have been bought on the basis of a team that includes Bale?

Paulhino, Soldado, Chadli bought before the RM disruption?

I'm not seeing any disruption....Madrid don't have £85m so end of story.

Your argument was about re-investing the bale money

Selling Bale and reinvesting will make you such a stronger side

Now your saying

so you have a heavy reliance on Bale and Soldado.

facepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.giffacepalm.gif

And re goalscoring, both Chadli and paulinho have a better scoring record than Fellaini, to be fair mjj you really don't know what you are talking about do you, typical Chav clap2.gif

OK Alfie, I can see you will take any kind of debate in to an argument and point scoring. My point being it is better to have many players to rely on (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Lukaku, KDB, Schurrle, Lampard) than just a couple (Bale and Soldado).

Remind me again what leagues Chadli and Paulinho are from.........

If you are happy with your squad, that's fine by me, but you will find it hard to find anyone other than a Spurs supporter to believe it.

• Like 1

OK Alfie, I can see you will take any kind of debate in to an argument and point scoring. My point being it is better to have many players to rely on (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Lukaku, KDB, Schurrle, Lampard) than just a couple (Bale and Soldado).

If you are happy with your squad, that's fine by me, but you will find it hard to find anyone other than a Spurs supporter to believe it.

When you make statements that are wrong mjj.....its best to admit you are wrong.

Otherwise you might get a nickname like mystic Jack.

When you make statements that are wrong mjj.....its best to admit you are wrong.

Barring carmine, you lot on here have almost zero knowledge about football.

How you and Alfie can compare someones goalscoring in the Eredivisie to goalscoring in the Premiership, is beyond me. mjj is spot on. But you boys if you disagree with another opinion, you just turn nasty and start name calling. You can give it out, but you cant take it. I have seen the nastiness to every other supporters forum on here, yet as soon as the banter starts on your thread, you circle the wagons and start with the aggressive behaviour. I am all for a bit of banter and I will give it as good as I take it. But you lot just cannot take it.

I have decided to keep away from your forum and anything Spurs related. Its just not fun anymore, its not banter its just hiding behind the banter and insulting other members. Not for me thanks.

I am sure your boys will come out with all the smart ars comments, which will be wasted on me as I will not have read themrolleyes.gif

Brazil have won five world cups. their league is stacked with talent. Paulinho is being lauded as one of Corintians best ever players. His goal scoring record stands up in my mind. He was an absolute steal

Chadli's a youngster bought on potential and there is nothing to say he won't be very good. Plays either side and central with a two footed game. Wheres the issue? Thus far he's a real talent.

Just to add Soldado's record needs no defending and most importantly he's the ideal player for us and we were very fortuitous to have signed him. He's a poacher and that was our single biggest failing last season

I'm over the moon with our business so far

Edited by carmine

Brazil have won five world cups. their league is stacked with talent.   Paulinho is being lauded as one of Corintians best ever players.  His goal scoring record stands up in my mind.  He was an absolute steal

Chadli's a youngster bought on potential and there is nothing to say he won't be very good.  Plays either side and central with a two footed game.  Wheres the issue?  Thus far he's a real talent.

Just to add Soldado's record needs no defending and most importantly he's the ideal player for us and we were very fortuitous to have signed him.

You're wrong carmine....you must be cos I said the same and I'm a bit thick according to Jack.

Unlike Jack however I will continue to post on his thread to extreme annoyance hopefully.

I actually agree with Jack.

Like a pack of soi dogs looking for meat.....and to be happy with a Soldado signing is oh....so..uneducated.

Bale is going and they all said he wouldn't ....now who's talking?

Edited by MrRed

Like a pack of soi dogs looking for meat.....and to be happy with a Soldado signing is oh....so..uneducated.

Too sensitive you lot are. :wub:

Youv'e gone from this

Selling Bale and reinvesting will make you such a stronger side. I'm surprised only Carmine can see this. From a league threat point of view, I hope you keep Bale.

to this

All i said was, who do we replace ? you don't answer the question but instead start waffling and when me and my pal smokes knock your argument for six you start talking about making it an argument ! it's simple really if you don't like us disagreeing with you then don't come on here whistling.gif

• Like 1

Brazil have won five world cups. their league is stacked with talent. Paulinho is being lauded as one of Corintians best ever players. His goal scoring record stands up in my mind. He was an absolute steal

Chadli's a youngster bought on potential and there is nothing to say he won't be very good. Plays either side and central with a two footed game. Wheres the issue? Thus far he's a real talent.

Just to add Soldado's record needs no defending and most importantly he's the ideal player for us and we were very fortuitous to have signed him. He's a poacher and that was our single biggest failing last season

No no carms you've got all wrong ! we'd been better off not buying this lot and keeping Dempsey cheesy.gif

• Like 1

We said he wasn't going, yes but that was before 100m was mentioned 3.gif

Barring carmine, you lot on here have almost zero knowledge about football.

How you and Alfie can compare someones goalscoring in the Eredivisie to goalscoring in the Premiership, is beyond me. mjj is spot on. But you boys if you disagree with another opinion, you just turn nasty and start name calling. You can give it out, but you cant take it. I have seen the nastiness to every other supporters forum on here, yet as soon as the banter starts on your thread, you circle the wagons and start with the aggressive behaviour. I am all for a bit of banter and I will give it as good as I take it. But you lot just cannot take it.

I have decided to keep away from your forum and anything Spurs related. Its just not fun anymore, its not banter its just hiding behind the banter and insulting other members. Not for me thanks.

I am sure your boys will come out with all the smart ars comments, which will be wasted on me as I will not have read themrolleyes.gif

So can we take it that the crystal ball is being made redundant then Mystic ?

Any news today then Red ?

Top Secret now we have got back to the United way and Moyes got told...al i can say is you and the rest will be gutted!! biggrin.png

Any news today then Red ?

Top Secret now we have got back to the United way and Moyes got told...al i can say is you and the rest will be gutted!! biggrin.png

Does that mean you are signing Fellaini?

Whoever we eventually sign will be better than a journeyman that you just paid a fuc_kin fortune for and will last probably one season before u start slagging him off!

Bit touchy there red, feeling a bit sorry for yourself ? come here and i'll give you a cuddle 6.gif

And by the way it will be more like 6 months laugh.png

• Like 1

Whoever we eventually sign will be better than a journeyman that you just paid a fuc_kin fortune for and will last probably one season before u start slagging him off!

Bit touchy there red, feeling a bit sorry for yourself ? come here and i'll give you a cuddle 6.gif

And by the way it will be more like 6 months laugh.png

Whats the matter with everyone tonight, you've got Mystic and mjj getting all sulky and red, well obviously it wasn't today biggrin.png

If we suppose Bale is on his way, who do you want as a replacement? Serious replies please! :-)

We've already bought him a month ago from FC Twente.

Belgian international Nacer Chadli, can play on either wing or

down the middle and can score with both feet.

Has similarities to Bale, he even does the heart symbol when he scores! thumbsup.gif

That is a pleasant thought sots....but I reckon AVB wanted him so that Bale doesn't have to be played on the left....leaving him clear to terrorise defences in a free role.

The others we have tried there lacked the ability to stretch the defence so Chadli will do this for us.

Did I mention Bale is going nowhere?

Yes?

Good...carry on chaps! biggrin.png

Smokie,

The pendulum swings yet again, the inevitable Bale transfer

could well not be so inevitable after all.

Levy & AVB are getting pi$$ed off with the RM circus according to

the Telegraph:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10220750/Tottenham-chairman-Daniel-Levy-not-prepared-to-talk-to-Real-Madrid-until-new-bid-made-for-Gareth-Bale.html

And then there's this from Sky Sports:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8854390?