Honda cbr650 2014

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From that angle it looks like the cheap and nasty CB500.

When it comes to making mid-sized naked bikes Kawasaki have Honda's design team cleaning the toilet in Kawa HQ at this current time.

I wouldn't have a Kawa if you paid me. Watch their mid-sized bike sales figures fall through the floor over the coming year.

Really? I think everyone should thank Kawasaki. If it wasn't for them gambling on this market I don't think we would have any of these new bikes here right now. Sure their sales figures will fall some but that only stands to reason when there are more players in the market. As for me, I won't buy anything but Kawasaki because they were the first company to give me an alternative to a scooter or an overpriced imported bike. Over the past 5 years dealing with them I have never had any problems with any of my bikes and the service at Kawasaki Udon and also Korat has been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When it comes to making mid-sized naked bikes Kawasaki have Honda's design team cleaning the toilet in Kawa HQ at this current time.

I wouldn't have a Kawa if you paid me. Watch their mid-sized bike sales figures fall through the floor over the coming year.

Really? I think everyone should thank Kawasaki. If it wasn't for them gambling on this market I don't think we would have any of these new bikes here right now. Sure their sales figures will fall some but that only stands to reason when there are more players in the market. As for me, I won't buy anything but Kawasaki because they were the first company to give me an alternative to a scooter or an overpriced imported bike. Over the past 5 years dealing with them I have never had any problems with any of my bikes and the service at Kawasaki Udon and also Korat has been good.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile

Well said my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile

Well said my friend.

Yeah this situation kind of reminds me of a few months ago when a large well known international live-a-board scuba diving company started operating out of Thailand with an office just down the street. The owner of the dive shop I work for, also a fairly large company, said it was great news because it's one more big company now promoting Thailand as a live-a-board destination. I think the same phenomenon is happening with these big bikes. Now that both Honda and Kawasaki, and to a degree Ducati, have entered the market, the effects of their combined marketing, internet chatter, and sheer number of reasonably priced "big bikes" seen on the roads will be greater than if only one company were at it.

And as for Kawasaki, we all know that most buyers buy on looks, and the Kawasaki would probably come out on top for most there.With the split seat and dual headlight, I still think it looks a tad better than the Honda (with the exception of the graphite black, perhaps) But in the end, the 4 cylinder and 16 more HP does it for me, even if it's a tiny bit heavier.

I think there are still segments of the target demographic that think if you want a decently priced big bike in Thailand, you need to get an old Hornet or CBR400RR, which was the case until just 4 years ago.

And now we wait to hear from Suzuki and Yamaha.

Paid the deposit and booked one red cbr650f already. 20 people paid deposit and they say over the weekend there will be a lot more so dont want to risk on waiting longer if i buy it. They will release the bikes in March though:(

It looks much more better and compact in real.

But might change my mind and go for cbr1000r or ducati.

Also all parts you see on hrc version are also available and prices are cheap. 20 k for rear shock, 4 k for r&g tailtidy and again cheap monies for cosmetics whihc is very good news:D

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-184955-13857082436198_thumb.jpg

post-184955-13857082592358_thumb.jpg

Paid the deposit and booked one red cbr650f already. 20 people paid deposit and they say over the weekend there will be a lot more so dont want to risk on waiting longer if i buy it. They will release the bikes in March though:(

Also all parts you see on hrc version are also available and prices are cheap. 20 k for rear shock, 4 k for r&g tailtidy and again cheap monies for cosmetics whihc is very good news:D

So the delivery of the CBR650 will be in 3-4 months ?

when seeing all these new models espicailly the naked ones i would still go for a Kawa at least it is looking right; not just like a bunch of cheap plastics. CB650F xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png Galdius 650 xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png Storm 650 xsick.gif.pagespeed.ic.tVTSNn-2vr.png

agree 100 % I've had an old model 600 hornet for 10 years and these new Hondas seem a little less power than the old Hondas so it would be z800 for me,although with this new price on the cbr 1000 they only need to bring the proper 600 s now and you are pretty guaranteed a good price on them

when seeing all these new models espicailly the naked ones i would still go for a Kawa at least it is looking right; not just like a bunch of cheap plastics. CB650F Posted Image  Galdius 650 Posted Image Storm 650 Posted Image

agree 100 % I've had an old model 600 hornet for 10 years and these new Hondas seem a little less power than the old Hondas so it would be z800 for me,although with this new price on the cbr 1000 they only need to bring the proper 600 s now and you are pretty guaranteed a good price on them

So z800 does not have plastics?

A 230 kg naked is out of my list of course.

when seeing all these new models espicailly the naked ones i would still go for a Kawa at least it is looking right; not just like a bunch of cheap plastics. CB650F Posted Image  Galdius 650 Posted Image Storm 650 Posted Image

Nope the z800 isn't a beauty at all and for sure its too heavy. But still Kawasaki bikes does have more character than the Hondas or Suzukis.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nope the z800 isn't a beauty at all and for sure its too heavy. But still Kawasaki bikes does have more character than the Hondas or Suzukis.

Nice to meet with you today hili. It was good to have a company knows about bikes there.

But i disagree with you on character level of kawa. They look like they are for teenagers. Sharp and aggressive designs that feel old to look within 6 months. Honda offers mature designs - yes too mature at times -but you dont get tired of them fast. Especially kawa er6n always reminds me my horse back home. High and headlight is like a head of a horse!

Honda will sell all acessories you see on hrc model. They have a brochure for it. But i am not sure for black swingarm. Possibly you need to remove it and send it for powder coating. Or maybe honda can do it for you. Did not ask that.

They already have a tail tidy for that? It took them over 6 months to make a tail tidy for the 500. facepalm.gif

I saw an orange and black Z800 the other day (first time I'd seen one in person) and I thought it looked great- way better than the pics I'd seen.

Agreed. It looks OK in real life, but like a kid's toy in photos.

Nice to meet with you today hili. It was good to have a company knows about bikes there.

But i disagree with you on character level of kawa. They look like they are for teenagers. Sharp and aggressive designs that feel old to look within 6 months. Honda offers mature designs - yes too mature at times -but you dont get tired of them fast. Especially kawa er6n always reminds me my horse back home. High and headlight is like a head of a horse!

In the end its about the personal taste of each and at this point we can be happy that there are so many different bikes and its styles we can choose from. So everybody can get what he likes or wants. The best thing is now we wart able to do so in Thailand. Thanks to whom ever make it possible.

.... They will release the bikes in March though:(...

Which if the history of other manufacturers is any indication, could mean May or June. Was the release of the 500's on time? I don't recall.

I think so. The Beginning of March or maybe a bit earlier. I collected my 500F on April 1st and this was the 2nd or 2rd batch of bikes they had in.

I just booked a CB500X at the motor show and will go back to Bigwing with some documents during the week with my GF to pay and get the bike.

But I still keep thinking I should get the CB650F... it's my first big bike and I think the 500 would be better for learning, also I cant wait 4 months for a bike since I plan on using it soon.

I can still change my mind before I do the purchase on Thursday.

The CB500X was a good deal, free tax and something else I did not understand. but I think the CB650 will be much easier to sell than a CB500.

I want the 650 but cant wait that long. what are you guys thoughts?

I just booked a CB500X at the motor show and will go back to Bigwing with some documents during the week with my GF to pay and get the bike.

But I still keep thinking I should get the CB650F... it's my first big bike and I think the 500 would be better for learning, also I cant wait 4 months for a bike since I plan on using it soon.

The CB500X was a good deal, free tax and something else I did not understand. but I think the CB650 will be much easier to sell than a CB500.

Ride now!

The 500 will be a much better beginner bike than the 650; IMO a perfect first bike. When you know how to ride it properly, max it out all the time, and get bored with it, you can still get the 650. You'll lose a little money but much better than not riding for four months. You made the right call IMO.

Ride now!

The 500 will be a much better beginner bike than the 650; IMO a perfect first bike. When you know how to ride it properly, max it out all the time, and get bored with it, you can still get the 650. You'll lose a little money but much better than not riding for four months. You made the right call IMO.

Agree 100%.

^ Agreed also.

LL2 (I think) said that Honda will be offering very reasonably PX deals for an upgrade to the 650. Hopefully, they'll still be offering it in a year or two when you're a more competent rider and for me, it'll take me that long to convince the missus I need a 650. smile.png

Edited by Wong!

A lot of people are saying the z800 is too heavy because it weighs 229kgs but the cbr 650 also is 206-211kgs and has about 30 less hp. Why isn't anyone talking about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app