Korean falls from 3rd floor Pattaya Hotel Balcony after heated argument

webfact

Korean falls from 3rd floor Pattaya Hotel Balcony after heated argument

korea-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Police and rescue services were called to a Resort in North Pattaya to assist a Korean tourist who had reportedly fallen from a 3rd floor balcony following a heated argument inside her room which took place moments earlier.

A Bangkok Hospital Pattaya Ambulance joined officers at the Kasalong Resort and Spa located in Soi 21 off the Sukhumvit Road in North Pattaya just after 5am on Sunday. Lying close to the swimming pool area was the Korean Tourist who is thought to be aged in her late twenties.

The victim sustained a visible head injury and suspected internal injuries and was rushed inside the Ambulance where she was intubated by a Doctor.

The security Guard on-duty at the time of the incident told us that she was heard arguing with another Korean Female and a third Korean speaker inside room number 310.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/99493/korean-falls-3rd-floor-pattaya-hotel-balcony-heated-argument/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2013-08-19

Intubated does sound a bit rough though its not that bad. Its a medical term/procedure whereby they put a tube down your thoat usually to assist in your breathing. Normally the patient is unconscious...the part that hurts the most is when they take it out. Medical staff generally get you to cough as hard as you can when they take it out, your throat feels as dry as (I wont use the analogy that I was thinking of) but it does hurt somewhat.

If you have windpipe or oesophagus damage then they will likely revert to a tracheotomy, which is an incision into your windpipe and they put a tube in that way.... sounds gruesome too but very effective way to save a life if their airway is blocked or damaged.

There ends the medical lesson .... thumbsup.gif

Is it my imagination or does it seem that a lot of people "fall" from balconies in LOS-

particularly after arguing? Is it that they get confused as to where the door is? could it be a new epidemic which is yet to be named? how about:

Tourismis Balconitis overboardis

hope this poor woman survives without lasting injury

• Like 1

Is it my imagination or does it seem that a lot of people "fall" from balconies in LOS-

particularly after arguing? Is it that they get confused as to where the door is? could it be a new epidemic which is yet to be named? how about:

I have lived in many large cities with a huge number of tall buildings with many balconies; however, I have never heard of 1% the number of people who are falling out of balconies as in Thailand - it is just insane that this is happening with such frequency. Sure, one or two are abnormalities, but when this is happening frequently - then there is definitely a problem.

Edited by KED

I think it is about time all balcony's in Pattaya have screens there are way to many deaths by balcony, maybe a good business for a falang to start up, install a balcony screen and save your life! maybe i should copyright it.

I believe there is a direct link between the height of the person erecting the balcony handrail, and the height of the finished product.

To a 5' 6" Thai builder it probably looks quite safe.

You get a 6' 2" western guy with a skinful of Chang, well it's not really high enough, is it ? thumbsup.gif

Someone pointed out to me that Balconies in Thailand are lower.

I do not know if Thailand has any building regs but just looked up the building regs for the UK:

Basically:- a fall or drop of more than 600mm (2 feet) must be guarded by a rail which is no less than 1100 mm high, you must not be able to pass a sphere of 100mm in diameter through any gap, this means upright bars must be no more than 99mm apart.

Edited by Basil B

Someday, someone will write a book about the 'balcony murders' in Thailand.

Hmmm. Ok, something to do today.

.With a sequel about similar stupid deaths in other places, such as the Brit who fell over an escalator railing to his death, in the Brisbane International Airport this week,

Edited by tigermonkey

I am not sure if this confirms the theory or not. But Pattaya has a high incidence of people jumping or falling from high balcony in pataya.

I don't beleive it is a requirement however, perhaps the police should arrest people for it and it would stop happening instezad of just publishing it on the news.

man falls from pattaya balcony, is arrested end of

So 3rd floor is survivable ? I will make a note of that , no foreigners should live in a condo anywhere over 3rd floor.

If this was the case the suicide statistics would drop drastically .

Edited by balo

U mean like Spain ???????