Five things farang men must stop wearing

Lite Beer

I don't subscribe to metrosexual judgement of others style, or not. But it often does look like many of the guys hanging around in beer bars in Pattaya found the clothes they are wearing either at a salvation army thrift shop, or a homeless shelter back home. Guess it is good to be that comfortable with yourself and not give a toss what anyone else thinks about your appearance.

Or it could be viewed as rather pitiful than someone would have such low esteem that they don't give a <deleted> whether they bathe, dress in decent clothing and tip the scales around 200 kilos.

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do beached Russian whales in microscopic Speedos make the list ?

Lol! Believe me, I saw plenty of that in Phuket. It was pretty grotesque! Also, don't forget about the women who go swimming in their underwear and not a true bikini. (Maybe a way to save money.....?) ;-)

Be careful how you refer to Farangs and differentiate Thai dress and selective style awareness or the lack thereof - I have never in my life seen more poka-dots, stripes. plaids of many quite opposing colors being worn in one go than here in Thailand and men wearing girls clothing and vice verse. The fashion police would be arresting almost everyone.

On the other hand... some farangs men should start wearing something tongue.png

I 've seen regularly in the Tesco Lotus restaurant some farang eating bare-chested IMHO in a restaurant not very smart blink.png

At least they don't have any laundry to do when they dribble pad thai down their front.
  • Like 1

When it comes to wearing shirts that you dont know the meaning to, Thais are number 1.

I had an on going private lesson with a really nice family a few years back. When I showed up one day the mother opens the door with a shirt in English that says "Pu$$y is more important than friends" cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I just stood their in shock for a few moments debating on whether i should explain what it means to her or just let it go. I ended up not trying to explain the meaning but letting her know it may not be a shirt she should wear because the meaning "is no good"

When it comes to wearing shirts that you dont know the meaning to, Thais are number 1.

I had an on going private lesson with a really nice family a few years back. When I showed up one day the mother opens the door with a shirt in English that says "Pu$$y is more important than friends" cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I just stood their in shock for a few moments debating on whether i should explain what it means to her or just let it go. I ended up not trying to explain the meaning but letting her know it may not be a shirt she should wear because the meaning "is no good"

Seems something got lost during the translation from 'I'm a cat lover'.

Now, on the subject of t-shirts, are Red Bull ones acceptable? And, is there a heirachy e.g. is someone wearing a Heineken shirt more classy than someone wearing a Leo one?

The author has a point, though; some of you guys do look like c.r.u.d. There's no use in trying to criticise the locals; they can wear what they like (it's their turf) and never look as sad as that overweight, hairy Caucasian donning a wrinkled Chang vest, 59 baht shorts, and a f***ing pony tail... the latter of which should merit immediate deportation. If you fit that profile, at least put a t-shirt on for Pete's sake!

I know chaps that are making like a grand-plus bucks a day and still look like this. When you walk down the soi looking like that, they see us all. Just make that effort, PLEASE! whistling.gif

Edited by jackr
  • Like 1

Fishermen's pants are those long rubber pants with the built in gumboots all one piece. You see the guys working on the trawlers wearing them

Uh, no.

No??? Well what sort of pants do fishermen wear then?

Well, this is my fishing partner, in my pair of Thai Fisherman's pants.

I don't wear them much anymore, they look better on her.

More photos please, WITHOUT the pants wub.png .

Post modified to allow posting.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

It's amazing that so many men take an interest in what other men are wearing? Must all be metrosexuals? I confess I don't really pay that much attention.

And what are "fisherman pants"? I assume they are not waders?

Fishermen's pants are those long rubber pants with the built in gumboots all one piece. You see the guys working on the trawlers wearing them

Uh, no.

No??? Well what sort of pants do fishermen wear then?
post-138135-13772238827612_thumb.jpg

Lol! Believe me, I saw plenty of that in Phuket. It was pretty grotesque! Also, don't forget about the women who go swimming in their underwear and not a true bikini. (Maybe a way to save money.....?) ;-)

Never mind women swimming in their underwear ( especially if they are attractive ), There should be a requirement for those "overweight" female tourists with boobs sagging down to their waist that like to go topless at the beach to cover up, preferably with a burqua.

• Like 1

My personal pet peeves:

- Tourists in Bangkok who feel the need to dress as if they were going on a safari trip in the middle of the African wilderness.

Example:

safari-outfit_JEN5835_IJFR-1.jpg

- People who wear sunglasses at all times, including indoors.

- People who wear wifebeaters, especially hairy mofo's. The other day, I was dining outdoors at a decent restaurant and I had a full frontal view of a large guy in a wifebeater sitting at the next table. I could see the sweat dripping from his chest hair just as I was trying to enjoy my meal. Put on a decent T-shirt or shirt, dammit.

What about the twit with the sunglasses who thinks that his eyes are on the top of his head, especially those with shaved heads. They look like utter idiots !

Agreed, but they think they are soooooo cool whistling.gif .

"Fisherman Pants"...?? I wonder if he means 'Chinese Pants', called 'Kah Guay'.

In the states, I wore them as pajamas for many years, but here my size requires them to be tailor made. They are good for around the house, but not in public.

Likewise, any 'T' Shirt is ugly and Athletic (Muscle) shirts are just plain tacky, on anyone.

"Fisherman Pants"...?? I wonder if he means 'Chinese Pants', called 'Kah Guay'.

In the states, I wore them as pajamas for many years, but here my size requires them to be tailor made. They are good for around the house, but not in public.

Likewise, any 'T' Shirt is ugly and Athletic (Muscle) shirts are just plain tacky, on anyone.

Different tastes, shirts with buttons has no shape and hide my body shape, looks like a tent or a bottle,

my waist is as wide as my chest in them

'Yes, all of the things list are terrible but, Wow! Really?!?! Fashion advise from a Thai huh? Thais by far have the worst fashion I have EVER seen in my life. I suppose someone should offer her a list of do's and don'ts as well. Like 1) Men with long finger nails should cut them. 2) Long toe nails not ok they are not finger nails nor should they be treated as so. 3) Mini skirts and furry legs yuck. 4) A face full of talc <deleted>. Shit, I could be here all day but let me just put this one out there..... Quit picking your f****ng nose in public because it makes me SICK!'

The above comments from Coconut BKK FB page needs more scrutinisation. biggrin.png

Like number 1; that long finger nail, normally on the little finger. Designed and pruned to enter every possible crevice there is on the human body.

Number 3 needs a mention too. What is it with some Thai girls and these hairy legs?! They must see their own legs when prancing in front of the mirror a million times a day! There are some really attractive, sorry, drop-dead gorgeous Thai girls with ape-like hairy legs!cheesy.gif

And number 4. The talc is well and truly a Thai must-have. Some of the darkest Thais often have to sport this purple-like, flushed face brought on by a bout of mirror and talc attack!

As said buy the poster, when did Thai's become an authority on anything connected with fashion?

Bless 'embiggrin.png

Edited by lostmebike
  • Like 1

It's amazing that so many men take an interest in what other men are wearing? Must all be metrosexuals? I confess I don't really pay that much attention.

And what are "fisherman pants"? I assume they are not waders?

never seen one of them in BKK, I think the author walks around different areas of BKK.

Did you notice any difference?

It drives me nuts when people think they should impose their views about "what is proper (to wear in this case)".

How many times have I seen Thais wearing shirts with english slogans that make no sense? Answer: too many!

Every culture has their own set of ideals - and those ideas can vary within those individual cultures.

I say - stop complaining and let people enjoy themselves. No crimes are being committed (except maybe against fashion).

If you need to tear someone down to make yourself feel better, than you need the help.

If you need to tear someone down to make yourself feel better, than you need the help.

But don't YOU tear every one down with your sentence! tongue.png Can we help you?

Hooray the Michelin man is still alive!!

Did the photographer get his permission to take his pic? TV could get sued for this if he finds out he is being paraded on the web, no matter how gross he may look!!!!

And yourself sued for saying he looks gross ? biggrin.png

Hooray the Michelin man is still alive!!

Did the photographer get his permission to take his pic? TV could get sued for this if he finds out he is being paraded on the web, no matter how gross he may look!!!!

And yourself sued for saying he looks gross ? biggrin.png

I dint post the picture and I am not letting anyone know who I am, so my reply to your response is- "I don't think so" whistling.gif

I must admit I have never seen farangs wandering around in Fisherman pants and I would prefer if fat old men wore baggy pants than skin tight lycra. Maybe Thai's prefer their farang this way.

This is "fisherman pants":-

But better than the alternative!!!!

post-110827-0-51797700-1377228222_thumb.

post-110827-0-15831200-1377228436_thumb.

Edited by newermonkey