Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!

MacWalen

Wow. A whole 9 pages of self doubting haters just because the OP sees value in marketing HIS knowledge and HIS experience. I can't believe that there are so many panic-stricken, forex watching, pension milking, balloon chasers all willing to pooh-pooh this rather than 'share' what investment 'strategy' works for them.

Who needs qualifications <deleted>? Did anyone check the qualifications of Fred the Shred when he waltzed RBS shareholders up the garden path, collecting a gong on the way?

I only hope that this leads to some sort of Thailand 'IN' investors visa as there's loads of whining, dodgy TR's, B's, O's and O-A's lining up for that one.

PS. You STILL have to do 90-day reporting btw.

• Like 1

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It is amazing the number of posters that think that investing courses are a waste of time and you should do it yourself and they are all in it to rip you off etc etc etc.

What is clear from the posts here is that many posters would really benefit from learning some investments skills and the only way to do that is to do some study on the subject. Now you could do it by yourself but it might be easier to do seminars or courses and get some basic understanding of investing fundamental approaches.

Of course where you source these courses is imiportant so probably best suited to doing courses from appropriately accredited educational insititutions.

McWalen are you proposing to hand out any kind of course outline to prospective students with details of subjects to be covered and a summary of specific objectives? If so can we see it ?

You guys are too funny, honestly!

Is there any officially sanctioned Board of Internet Investors that can vet Walen's skills? Or yours for that matter?

Is there a Certificate of International Banking Management?

Does anyone opening a Charles Schwab account need to have a Diploma in Investment Banking ?

Does Tony Robbins have a degree in Motivational Speaking for Personal Gain Financial Reward ?

A Prospectus is only only required if you are handing over your money for SOMEONE ELSE to invest. You are confusing this with the already stated course outline which is "one day courses on investing in capital markets, specifically in Thailand but the knowledge applies to any stock market investing." Can't you read?

Regarding specific objectives, what part of the OP's "Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!" is too hard to grasp here? Maybe you can't read.

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

Wow. A whole 9 pages of self doubting haters just because the OP sees value in marketing HIS knowledge and HIS experience. I can't believe that there are so many panic-stricken, forex watching, pension milking, balloon chasers all willing to pooh-pooh this rather than 'share' what investment 'strategy' works for them.

Who needs qualifications <deleted>? Did anyone check the qualifications of Fred the Shred when he waltzed RBS shareholders up the garden path, collecting a gong on the way?

I only hope that this leads to some sort of Thailand 'IN' investors visa as there's loads of whining, dodgy TR's, B's, O's and O-A's lining up for that one.

PS. You STILL have to do 90-day reporting btw.

Hear, hear! clap2.gif

Edited by JSixpack

It is amazing the number of posters that think that investing courses are a waste of time and you should do it yourself and they are all in it to rip you off etc etc etc.

What is clear from the posts here is that many posters would really benefit from learning some investments skills and the only way to do that is to do some study on the subject. Now you could do it by yourself but it might be easier to do seminars or courses and get some basic understanding of investing fundamental approaches.

Of course where you source these courses is imiportant so probably best suited to doing courses from appropriately accredited educational insititutions.

McWalen are you proposing to hand out any kind of course outline to prospective students with details of subjects to be covered and a summary of specific objectives? If so can we see it ?

Is there any officially sanctioned Board of Internet Investors that can vet Walen's skills? Or yours for that matter?

Does anyone opening a Charles Schwab account need to have a Diploma in Investment Banking ?

Does Tony Robbins have a degree in Motivational Speaking for Personal Gain Financial Reward ?

A Prospectus is only only required if you are handing over your money for SOMEONE ELSE to invest. You are confusing this with the already stated course outline which is "one day courses on investing in capital markets, specifically in Thailand but the knowledge applies to any stock market investing." Can't you read?

Regarding specific objectives, what part of the OP's "Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!" is too hard to grasp here? Maybe you can't read.

You are misinterpreting my post. I'm not asking about a prospectus?

Perhaps you are the type of person who even believes the contents of every e-mail you receive from Nigeria, but I'm not. giggle.gif

Before paying money , anyone should have a right to ask questions to determine the standard of information this person is going to be teaching?

Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!" This tells me nothing about the quality or standard of the proposed course. Will everyone be asked to join hands in a group and chant their belief in unicorns?rolleyes.gif

If I thought my knowledge could be improved by attending his class I would consider going. On the other hand I wouldn't attend a course even if somebody paid ME to do so if I thought I would be wasting my time because the information was obsolete or irrelevant.

If i thought someone was going to simply stand in front of the class and imply that what they had done in the past (and I'm not denying for 1 min his past success) was a guarantee of the same success going forward , then I wouldn't be interested . And don't forget he did use the word guarantee in one of his posts.

I am trying to get a better handle on his approach .For example, he said he won't be offering trading advice and from what I have gleaned so far his strategy is to “ buy and hold “. That might have worked in the past but as I stated in earlier posts you would have to be economically illiterate not to realise that such gains would never have been achieved without the amount of cheap money that has been pumped into the financial systems around the world and there is every indication this cannot go on for much longer.

He doesn't seem to subscribe to the philosophy of hedging his own portfolio, which I find strange for someone who will teach investment ( rather than trading ). The economic conditions around the world and now even in Thailand are changing rapidly from day to day (see the link to an article below in today's “ The Nation “ ) .

He has even acknowledged himself in post 198 that the market can experience a correction sometimes and yet based on his reply in post 171 when he says “We do not need this money “ blink.png he seems to imply he doesn't have any strategy himself to protect against severe losses if the markets took a dive . I would suggest that many of his students may not be able to afford such an approach and I would even go as far as to say that in my view this is not investing-it is gambling?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/664491-thai-opinion-it-seems-like-1997-all-over-again/

• Like 2

You are misinterpreting my post. I'm not asking about a prospectus?

Perhaps you are the type of person who even believes the contents of every e-mail you receive from Nigeria, but I'm not. giggle.gif

Before paying money , anyone should have a right to ask questions to determine the standard of information this person is going to be teaching?

Walen School of Investing - learn how to make money and have a better life!" This tells me nothing about the quality or standard of the proposed course. Will everyone be asked to join hands in a group and chant their belief in unicorns?rolleyes.gif

If I thought my knowledge could be improved by attending his class I would consider going. On the other hand I wouldn't attend a course even if somebody paid ME to do so if I thought I would be wasting my time because the information was obsolete or irrelevant.

If i thought someone was going to simply stand in front of the class and imply that what they had done in the past (and I'm not denying for 1 min his past success) was a guarantee of the same success going forward , then I wouldn't be interested . And don't forget he did use the word guarantee in one of his posts.

I am trying to get a better handle on his approach .For example, he said he won't be offering trading advice and from what I have gleaned so far his strategy is to “ buy and hold “. That might have worked in the past but as I stated in earlier posts you would have to be economically illiterate not to realise that such gains would never have been achieved without the amount of cheap money that has been pumped into the financial systems around the world and there is every indication this cannot go on for much longer.

He doesn't seem to subscribe to the philosophy of hedging his own portfolio, which I find strange for someone who will teach investment ( rather than trading ). The economic conditions around the world and now even in Thailand are changing rapidly from day to day (see the link to an article below in today's “ The Nation “ ) .

He has even acknowledged himself in post 198 that the market can experience a correction sometimes and yet based on his reply in post 171 when he says “We do not need this money “ blink.png he seems to imply he doesn't have any strategy himself to protect against severe losses if the markets took a dive . I would suggest that many of his students may not be able to afford such an approach and I would even go as far as to say that in my view this is not investing-it is gambling?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/664491-thai-opinion-it-seems-like-1997-all-over-again/

Yes, some win but many lose. There are a zillion folk out there telling you how to make money because perhaps of their good fortune or luck. Why I post on this subject is I would hate to see a guy lose his bit of cash via someones good luck or non qualified claim too ''you will make money'' from your 3K outlay.

Also I do not believe that that many of those academics actually invest themselves, they are mostly poor [...]

I believe my professors did not even have a broker's account

The salary of a business school professor in the UK can above 100,000 Pounds per year, with professorial salaries in the US or AUS even higher*. That's not considered to be poor! Many academics in business schools are actually also business practitioners themselves. From my own experience, I have met academics who teach investment and trading related courses, who are active investors and traders. Some for example even hold patents for auto-trading algorithm that they have developed themselves; they have made a fortune in addition to their regular salary.

I don't think you really know what you are talking about. Wonder what school you went to; it certainly does not speak for you.

*In 2009/10, the average salaries for professors at public AACSB-accredited business schools worldwide was 129,300 USD annually. Ref

Edited by Morakot
  • Like 1

midas Unicorns are fortuitous creatures and bringers of grand fortunes to those who believe!

:P

It's gone from initially being a "school" to really just a weekend "seminar", considering that nobody is going to be gaining any qualifications from it.

Now, lets be fair, these "seminars" are a dime a dozen everywhere. They take different forms, Amway, AVON, Aimstar etc.

฿60,000 (20 people @ ฿3,000 per seminar) for a few hours work is a pretty good earner, done 3-4 times a month and you're on a pretty good wicket from that alone. Regardless of the "content" being useful or not.

The associated costs to the presenter i.e the OP would be negligable, he could throw quite the soiree in Pattaya for the cost of 3 or 4 participants "investment" in the seminar.

If the OP wasn't so arrogant and cocksure of himself, he might have a few more supporters.

If I open Walen School of Business will you also question that I know nothing about doing business in Thailand or how a businessman should handle various issues etc? What about a more general school like Walen School of Money that would teach in general how to do well in life by combining various factors. Or even better, Walen School of Sales! I'm sure many of you would say then "this guy has no idea about sales!" What about Walen School of Marketing and Advertising, any comments? They would be all one step removed from what I do and some people consider me to be at a level at which I could teach such courses.

I am not saying you will make a lot of money from a 3K outlay for the course, but I will teach you what you could do with your money if you had some to invest. If you have no money to invest, and might not have in the foreseeable future, then the course is not going to benefit you much but still could be interesting for you.

post-46756-0-70520900-1377856026_thumb.p

Also I do not believe that that many of those academics actually invest themselves, they are mostly poor [...]

The salary of a business school professor in the UK can above 100,000 Pounds per year, with professorial salaries in the US or AUS even higher*. That's not considered to be poor! Many academics in business schools are actually also business practitioners themselves. From my own experience, I have met academics who teach investment and trading related courses, who are active investors and traders. Some for example even hold patents for auto-trading algorithm that they have developed themselves; they have made a fortune in addition to their regular salary.

I don't think you really know what you are talking about. Wonder what school you went to; it certainly does not speak for you.

*In 2009/10, the average salaries for professors at public AACSB-accredited business schools worldwide was 129,300 USD annually. Ref

Griffith University, Gold Coast campus. It as the case in the case of my lecturers. Majority of them as there was indeed one good one who had some idea. University is expensive and a lot of the staff they teach is beating around the bush. Not mentioning that financial subjects are often taught by Bangladeshi, Indian and Pakistani lecturers who immigrated to Australia and got a cushy job at uni, sometimes hard to understand what they say. No kidding, that is real story. It was long time ago but I doubt that has changed much.

midas Unicorns are fortuitous creatures and bringers of grand fortunes to those who believe!

tongue.png

It's gone from initially being a "school" to really just a weekend "seminar", considering that nobody is going to be gaining any qualifications from it.

Now, lets be fair, these "seminars" are a dime a dozen everywhere. They take different forms, Amway, AVON, Aimstar etc.

฿60,000 (20 people @ ฿3,000 per seminar) for a few hours work is a pretty good earner, done 3-4 times a month and you're on a pretty good wicket from that alone. Regardless of the "content" being useful or not.

The associated costs to the presenter i.e the OP would be negligable, he could throw quite the soiree in Pattaya for the cost of 3 or 4 participants "investment" in the seminar.

If the OP wasn't so arrogant and cocksure of himself, he might have a few more supporters.

The friendly ones here are 5% unfriendly 95% so what do you expect? I will just agree with the 95% that I do not know anything and that they are right. I can tell you what I do works are there are those who are already interested and there will be more and more of them so don't worry. You also help me to promote this investing school by contributing. A few days ago nobody on the planet earth heard of Walen School of Investing and not it is already quite well known looking at the number of comments and hits this thread gets. Thank you for your continued support GrantSmith.

Edited by MacWalen

One more thing Marakot, you do not get to learn with that many professors at uni. They usually do not participate much in lecturing students. It is mostly post graduate lecturers often not much older than the students themselves that do most of the teaching. Perhaps in UK it is different but I doubt it very much.

If I open Walen School of Business will you also question that I know nothing about doing business in Thailand or how a businessman should handle various issues etc? What about a more general school like Walen School of Money that would teach in general how to do well in life by combining various factors. Or even better, Walen School of Sales! I'm sure many of you would say then "this guy has no idea about sales!" What about Walen School of Marketing and Advertising, any comments? They would be all one step removed from what I do and some people consider me to be at a level at which I could teach such courses.

I am not saying you will make a lot of money from a 3K outlay for the course, but I will teach you what you could do with your money if you had some to invest. If you have no money to invest, and might not have in the foreseeable future, then the course is not going to benefit you much but still could be interesting for you.

Oh come on ?giggle.gif If you keep on this way I will start thinking you are having us all on with this thread and that you are quietly having a laugh behind the scene. rolleyes.gif

You are beginning to sound more and more desperate. you keep going on about how little the 3000 baht is but what about the value of people's time if they subsequently find out that your course was nothing but padding and hot air after all ?

It's like next you will be proposing Walen School of ……………….( fill in the blank yourself) as long as you give me your money .

If someone pays money to you to attend the “ Walen School of Business “, “Walen School of Money “ , “Walen School of Sales “ or the “Walen School of Marketing and Advertising “people are still going to want to know more details about the subject matter. BUT at least under these alternative labels they would have no expectation that you would be teaching them strategies that would subsequently involve them risking their own hard earned money? What if you are wrong ?

You cant change the goal posts . In your original posting you have already professed to have an expert knowledge about investing, but you haven't given any explanation as to how this can benefit people going forward.

One more thing Marakot, you do not get to learn with that many professors at uni. They usually do not participate much in lecturing students. It is mostly post graduate lecturers often not much older than the students themselves that do most of the teaching.

I get it! You basically offer this course because of all the finance professors at business schools are too busy and too clever making their money investing and treading, to the detriment of all the people who want to learn all this. clap2.gifclap2.gif How wrong I was when I thought this was a boiler room seminar. My sincere apology.

I tell you what, I am now convinced. I want to join! Please send me the course outline and any of your credentials.

Edited by Morakot

The OP's only claim is that he has done well with his investments, is savvy with the ins and outs of the markets and offers for a modest sum, to bring some ABSOLUTE NOVICES up to speed. He has claimed to be neither an expert nor a Madoff. It's a bloody TUTORIAL! He isn't asking to take anyone's hard-earned, nest-egg or dwindling pension and PERSONALLY <deleted> with it. Now if some sad old bugger gambles his last 1000 quid based on what he learned in 'investing school'... that's NOTHING to do with what he was taught but everything to do with what he learned.

If you disagree that he should charge for this and have NO interest in attending, then why all the crying for proof of qualifications <deleted>? If you sidled up to me in a bar and took on one of my awesome market recommendations because I sounded like I knew what I was talking about (and truly looked the part) but ultimately lost your arse on that bet, would you come back and hang about the bar and ask for your money back? I would tell you to <deleted> off real quick.

These demands for proof and faux debate on what is best, trying to draw the OP into discussing HIS investment strategies looks so much like insecure DIY investors trying to wring out information for free. If you want to debate investment strategies, there's already a dedicated thread on this forum. I think someone mentioned earlier that he would give free advice at Starbucks. Go PM him and set an appointment.

Investing IS gambling. It's a poker game and all the OP wants to do is make it easier for everyone to read the cards. The markets are dynamic and things may change rapidly, maybe precipitously this year but WHO REALLY KNOWS? Certainly non of the self-styled 'experts' blowing hot air into this thread.

• Like 1

he has done well with his investments, is savvy with the ins and outs of the markets .

That in itself is a claim to a (worthy) credential, but which needs to be substantiated somehow.

The unfortunate thing about the OP is that he has seems to have a serious attitude problem, which unfortunately undermines the possible credentials he may hold.

Edited by Morakot

Problem is, you see, it's just not all about the wonderful you. In a world of infinite diversity, rational people have widely varying ideas of what success means and how to achieve it--ideas which you're unable to comprehend as they aren't your ideas. So now your real point is clear: you wouldn't do it.

Unlike you I long ago understood that the only things I can reasonably comment on are my own opinions. So that's what I do, and I never pretend to do otherwise. Other people can take my comments or leave them, and I couldnt care less which they do.

And so I dont need any lessons from you telling me how or what I think, thanks.

It really is extraordinary to what extent amateur psychologists can make idiots of themselves on here. Maybe you should start a course in it?

The OP's only claim is that he has done well with his investments, is savvy with the ins and outs of the markets and offers for a modest sum, to bring some ABSOLUTE NOVICES up to speed. He has claimed to be neither an expert nor a Madoff. It's a bloody TUTORIAL! He isn't asking to take anyone's hard-earned, nest-egg or dwindling pension and PERSONALLY <deleted> with it. Now if some sad old bugger gambles his last 1000 quid based on what he learned in 'investing school'... that's NOTHING to do with what he was taught but everything to do with what he learned.

If you disagree that he should charge for this and have NO interest in attending, then why all the crying for proof of qualifications <deleted>? If you sidled up to me in a bar and took on one of my awesome market recommendations because I sounded like I knew what I was talking about (and truly looked the part) but ultimately lost your arse on that bet, would you come back and hang about the bar and ask for your money back? I would tell you to <deleted> off real quick.

These demands for proof and faux debate on what is best, trying to draw the OP into discussing HIS investment strategies looks so much like insecure DIY investors trying to wring out information for free. If you want to debate investment strategies, there's already a dedicated thread on this forum. I think someone mentioned earlier that he would give free advice at Starbucks. Go PM him and set an appointment.

Investing IS gambling. It's a poker game and all the OP wants to do is make it easier for everyone to read the cards. The markets are dynamic and things may change rapidly, maybe precipitously this year but WHO REALLY KNOWS? Certainly non of the self-styled 'experts' blowing hot air into this thread.

oh no......facepalm.gif

" A gambler is nothing but a man who makes his living out of hope. " ~William Bolitho

• Like 1

he has done well with his investments, is savvy with the ins and outs of the markets .

That in itself is a claim to a (worthy) credential, but which needs to be substantiated somehow.

The unfortunate thing about the OP is that he has seems to have a serious attitude problem, which unfortunately undermines the possible credentials he may hold.

No, he's playing this just about right. He's managed to produce a 10 page thread about himself and his business without being very specific about what he is selling. He will fill this seminar for sure, and probably he will be successful at enlisting other people to sell additional sessions in other cities on commission.

oh no......facepalm.gif

" A gambler is nothing but a man who makes his living out of hope. " ~William Bolitho

Investment: The act of committing money or capital to an endeavor (a business, project, real estate, etc.) with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.

However, as someone else has observed, "The word 'Investing' is used way too loosely nowadays. The Stock market has turned into a huge casino."

Now rather than just quote me and others, indulge me. What is your definition of an investor?

PS. Do you have the 'golden touch' btw?

oh no......facepalm.gif

Investment: The act of committing money or capital to an endeavor (a business, project, real estate, etc.) with the expectation of obtaining an additional income or profit.

However, as someone else has observed, "The word 'Investing' is used way too loosely nowadays. The Stock market has turned into a huge casino."

Now rather than just quote me and others, indulge me. What is your definition of an investor?

PS. Do you have the 'golden touch' btw?

Does the OP have a golden touch ? If soooooooooooo, there are a zillion folk out there wanting a quiet word. whistling.gif

Problem is, you see, it's just not all about the wonderful you. In a world of infinite diversity, rational people have widely varying ideas of what success means and how to achieve it--ideas which you're unable to comprehend as they aren't your ideas. So now your real point is clear: you wouldn't do it.

Unlike you I long ago understood that the only things I can reasonably comment on are my own opinions. So that's what I do, and I never pretend to do otherwise. Other people can take my comments or leave them, and I couldnt care less which they do.

And so I dont need any lessons from you telling me how or what I think, thanks.

It really is extraordinary to what extent amateur psychologists can make idiots of themselves on here. Maybe you should start a course in it?

You started out w/ a comment on someone else's opinion, not your own. You were wondering; I took your wonderment seriously, questioned your reasons for it, and gave you a great example that totally contradicted the implication you were attempting to make; you ignored that, warmly rubbed yourself, and merely came up with you yourself wouldn't do it. Period.

Now, there's just no objective information or guidance there re: the wisdom of taking (or of giving) this seminar for newbies who might be interested--except perhaps, by implication, follow your idea of success because . . . well, it's your idea.

Yep, that's IT. I just brought out the only point you really had, as you've now affirmed.

Though an informed opinion is always better than an uninformed one, if sometimes not as comfortable, keep wondering if you like. Can we move on?

Now, if people think they have some good advice, they usually like to give it if only to hear themselves talk. Nor should they be expected to give it out for free if it's halfway technical. Friend of mine always cites Bill Clinton's speaking fees. He's extremely wealthy already and ostensibly a big humanitarian. He definitely don't speak for free, though. (And how valuable is what he has to say?)

Obviously MacWalen thinks he's got something useful to teach somebody in this area. (Not to you experts, of course; definitely not to you, KittenKong). He could be right--nobody will know until the seminar's over.

Maybe the seminar might be helpful to some newbie as a starting point. As I noted, we do have a lot of old geezers around hoarding too much money and having nothing much to do other than sit at their keyboards and type in complaints about the promenade, the condo glut, Starbucks, etc. And looking for cheap buffets. So they might find investing a welcome new interest. For a younger person w/o your mighty gifts and talents, investments might offer a way to achieve their own security a bit faster than just teaching English or whatever. MIGHT. I don't see any other convenient little seminars being offered around, anyway. Can one make money in the Thai market? Definitely. All those ups and downs--they're just made for buying low and selling high.

Now, if it turns out that MacWalen's seminar isn't worth the tuition and people feel cheated, then word will spread like wildfire right here on the forum and he'll likely never teach another. Bottles of Chang will pop open throughout Pattaya and keyboard warriors will soon scorch this thread right here with a thousand told-you-so's! Think: what could be worse than not having that possible opportunity?

Personally, I hope things go well for MacWalen and the attendees.

BTW, FWIW--not much (my usual modesty)--I actually doubt that there's a big market, esp in Pattaya, for such seminars. It's a bit early to portray MacWalen as a robber baron before he's even given one lil' ol' seminar, ain't it?

Edited by JSixpack
  • Like 1

Does his business visa or license authorize Walen to conduct finance classes? Does he have any qualifications to lecture on the topic? I am sure he knows more about doing business in Thailand than I do, but I doubt he personally owns or deals with as many stocks and bonds and mutual funds, ETFs, options, or relevent to USA citizens, Roth IRA, Traditional IRA, 401k accounts, deals with multiple state income tax issues (which states have no state income tax) etc. as I or many others that visit this forum do. Good luck to him on this income generating ploy.

That's a very good question.

Also, I'd be interested to know of a good reason for expats to play the Thai stock market in preference to their home markets, considering location is hardly relevant to trading stocks these days.

Personally I wouldn't touch the Thai stock market because I don't know jack about it. Am I missing out?

Is this course more about familiarizing people with the Thai Stock market, or trading in general?

Edited by tropo

Also, I'd be interested to know of a good reason for expats to play the Thai stock market in preference to their home markets, considering location is hardly relevant to trading stocks these days.

Personally I wouldn't touch the Thai stock market because I don't know jack about it. Am I missing out?

Is this course more about familiarizing people with the Thai Stock market, or trading in general?

No you are not missing out.

I dont know whether it was by luck or design that the OP made his claimed 100% return on the SET, however a quick glance at the SET over the last 14 years reveals all.

My mrs still thinks I am some sort of financial guru because in 2003 we made about 130% return, Thailand in that year was the worlds best performing market.

From the year 1999 when I started investing in the SET my returns have been good, only because the SET bottomed out years ago, nowadays I wouldnt consider it.

What the OP hasnt addressed is, some of us dont need capital appreciation, we want capital protection.

How many on here can actually lay their hands on 5 million baht cash tomorrow to invest, how many more could actually afford to lose 5 million baht?

One thing I have learned over the years, those with money aint stupid, unless the wealth was inherited or they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth.

There are people on here whose opinions I respect, they usually hang out in the finance section, they dont feel the need to boast or brag about their wealth.

For the OP, my best performing money has been the UEFA champions league finals since 2006, but I wouldnt advise any one to invest in that, for the simple reason, its not investing, its gambling.

• Like 2

All this talk about bragging is very tiring. I can teach people fundamentals of investing. Relating that I have made money in the stock market is not bragging unless someone has some complexes. I am not advocating any risky ways of investing. If some people are ready and know what to do when the time is right they can make a lot of money and it is a fact. Also safety first. Learning how not to lose money although there is always such a possibility. Calculated risk where odds are in your favour is the action plan but I will teach a lot more about it. There is lots to learn and making stock market investments is not necessary, you may conclude after the course this kind of business is not for you. I will be investing in stocks for the foreseeable future as markets will always present opportunities plus I like it and find it fascinating. I totally do not give a penny about the English premier league or Bundesliga for example as it does not do anything to me.

Stock markets give much better odds at making money than casinos, that is for sure, if you learn how they work. You do not even have to be very intelligent to become a good investor.

personally i bought thai stocks, as well as some other asia markets, during the SARS crisis and i held on till 2012. i didnt buy individual stocks, i bought investment trusts etc, so more like general investments in the countries themselves. but when i bought they seemed genuinly cheap. now i would not buy because even though some EM markets, including thailand, have fallen, that doesnt mean they are good value. for me, the more i learned about china, india and even thailand, the less comfortable i felt with my investments so i finally decided to take profit. the last few years have seen these markets move up hugely, mostly because of money flowing out of the zero rate developed world into what people thought of as a sort of high growth safe haven, which then became a bubble. there are always opportunities, but normally they are not the same as yesterday's story, even with a 20% correction. i may buy again if they fall more but i think there are now better opportunities than asia. its funny because it doesnt matter how hard you try to convince people of something, most wont understand and even fewer will listen, such are the sizes of people's egos. the main point of writing posts such as these is for your own benefit, writing just helps clarify thought.

I'm a professional forex broker and I can tell you that your entire portfolio looks like it is about to crash and burn,if I was you I'd close all those positions out and consult a professional,it's not for everyone and on the evidence you've provided us with here it's definitely not for you!w00t.gif