CM Immigration Stats

Tywais

I found these stats on the immigration website and thought it may be of interest. It's not clear what all of the definitions are though and just a guess. 2012 only goes to August but one can extrapolate from the 2011 data to see the increases, especially 90 day reporting. Just posting it for the curious.

1. Seems to be for visa extensions but not sure

2. Translates to Endorsements Issued - address verification?

3. Re-entry permits

4. Changing Visas

5. 90 day address report.

Difference in 90 day reports seems quite high from 2011-2012. Aug 2011 - 2891, Aug 2012 - 9781

Year 2011 full year 90 day 38,175 and 2012 from only Jan-Aug 51,051

post-566-0-95197900-1377754573_thumb.jpg

Stats via Google Translate

• Like 1

So there is only a little over 11,000 people who do yearly visa extension (because they do the re-entry) in Chiang Mai? Wow. That was a lot less than I expected! Or have I got it wrong somehow? I guess there are some who are on the yearly extension who never leave Thailand and so don't bother with the re-entry... And then there are those who are on the non-O multi-entry.

Does anyone know how many long-stay farang (6 months or more pr year) live in Chiang Mai county/state/changwat? Around 50,000? More?

So there is only a little over 11,000 people who do yearly visa extension (because they do the re-entry) in Chiang Mai? Wow. That was a lot less than I expected! Or have I got it wrong somehow? I guess there are some who are on the yearly extension who never leave Thailand and so don't bother with the re-entry... And then there are those who are on the non-O multi-entry.

Does anyone know how many long-stay farang (6 months or more pr year) live in Chiang Mai county/state/changwat? Around 50,000? More?

Well hard to say you may well be right.

I do not have exact figures but for year round visas. The two desks that handle the retirement yearly extensions handle approximately 40 a day X 250 work days = 10.000 permanent year round. Then there is the marriage and work permits.

6 months would be an easy one to get with the multiple reentry plus add 30 days for each entry.

Perhaps closer to 40,000