Nasty Scooter Hire Shop

Much better deals are available in Phuket:

scooter rental; 125 baht a day.

Beaches are much nicer.

Accommodations more reasonable.

Restaurant staff aren't usually stoned out of their minds like some places in Samui!

Samui you feel really trapped.

Phuket offers a myriad of very good options.

You'd have to pay me to live in Samui.

\

You find scooter rentals on Samui for 100 baht a day . Yes you have more choices on Phuket because it is a bigger island but genarally speaking Samui is cheaper then Phuket in every way . And about the nicer beaches .... well Samui still haven't got the ugly high rise buildings yet and there are still coconuts growing on the beachfront on the touristical spots ( i mean you have them everywhere ) . In Samui you feel trapped , well i like the feeling off being i a small comunity where i know more or less everyone . Sure since Samui is a lot smaller you cannot do a lot of stupid things before everybody knows it and you'll end up in trouble . On the other hand , the opposite is also the same , somebody does stupid things to me i'll know where to find this person .

So , Phuket is bigger and therefor offers more choice : yes

Phukets prices are more reasonable : no , Samui is cheaper

Beaches are much nicer.

Restaurant staff aren't usually stoned out of their minds like some places in Samui!

cut your crap, do you even know what island means? I spent total 120 days in phuket altogather before coming to samui for 20 days for first time only. I swear my god i have met several people who lived in phuket, then moved to samui never wanted to go back, but never met anyone who lived in samui ealier then move to phuket

If you are talking about patong, kamala, kata, ...and surronding, then samui has much better scenery (going north from Phuket to surin, phangna, rannog...where majority thai muslim live has better scenery than samui, but no farang live in those area).

Samui is lot cheaper, you can get nam-som, nam-manoo drink in reagge, green mango for 50 bhat no tourist place can be this cheap, phuket they will screw you nam-som for $120 :o

Edited by BKKDUDE

Beaches are much nicer.

cut your crap, do you even know what island means? I spent total 120 days in phuket altogather before coming to samui for 20 days for first time only. I swear my god i have met several people who lived in phuket, then moved to samui never wanted to go back, but never met anyone who lived in samui ealier then move to phuket

If you are talking about patong, kamala, kata, ...and surronding, then samui has much better scenery (going north from Phuket to surin, phangna, rannog...where majority thai muslim live has better scenery than samui, but no farang live in those area).

Samui is lot cheaper, you can get nam-som, nam-manoo drink in reagge, green mango for 50 bhat no tourist place can be this cheap, phuket they will screw you nam-som for $120 :D

Shhhtttt ... i'd tried to tell him that allready ... but yes Phuket is much better and cheaper :D:o ...yes go to Phuket ... so i can still have my 3 months a year without tooo many tourists around . Maybe not everyone agrees , especially if you have a business but i like it :D