Job Discussion Forum (esl)

Tywais

An old mate of mine has a popular one called ajarn, which is probably the best for job information in Thailand, although full of a lot of newbies.

That is a nice site. Still waiting to find out why my link was removed. Read and re-read the forum rules and see nothing about links to other forums on the list. Just want to understand why so I don't do it again. Seemed to be a well behaved forum and informative.

Basically you're not allowed to put URLs on here for competing or potentially competing sites mate.

It is indeed in the rules.

Correct KK.

Considered by Admin as SPAM and ThaiVisa has a zero spam policy.

I thought I'd responded to you on that tywais. :o

I hope all is clear now.

Feel free to PM me (or another mod/admin) for further clarification if required.

:D

Basically you're not allowed to put URLs on here for competing or potentially competing sites mate.

It is indeed in the rules.

Correct KK.

Considered by Admin as SPAM and ThaiVisa has a zero spam policy.

I thought I'd responded to you on that tywais. :o

I hope all is clear now.

Feel free to PM me (or another mod/admin) for further clarification if required.

:D

Clearly a discrectionary policy and not spelled out in the rules as such. I've read the rules line by line several times and there is nothing even remotely suggesting the above. If the answer is no links to any forums then it should be stated as such. I have no problems with that. So if I post a link to the ajarn site forum mentioned by the above poster, is that breaking this hidden policy? His site has been referenced to many times before.

I think this rule kind of covers it (although slightly ambigious (sp?)):

7) Spam, flooding, commercial or for-profit advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and similar solicitations are also inappropriate and not allowed on thaivisa.com. Any member who might violate this prohibition will be banned from these forums and this site. Membership is at the will of thaivisa.com. Our contracts with our advertisers prohibit comments with regard to advertisements which appear on our forums. Such comments should not be posted and will be removed. Please don't drop promotional urls, signature files, or specifics that would lead people to your site.

Members spamming other forum members via PM or emails will be banned and reported to their ISP's and to Spamcop. We will also take legal action against spamming site owners. Be warned!

Although the bold bit could probably be worded a bit better to take into account sites that aren't yours per se.

Although the bold bit could probably be worded a bit better to take into account sites that aren't yours per se.

I agree about the clarity of it. I'm just going to let this subject go now as it stands and probably forego including any more hot links from now on. Would like to stay on here :o

Edited by tywais