Kindle repairs

wobblyjohn

Has anyone had experience of getting a Kindle Fire repaired or know iwhere a repair shop maybe, a mate who is coming over shortly has broken his front screen and is hoping to save a bit of money by getting it repaired here

Tukcom is the obvious answer but Im hoping for somewhere more specific

I have a friend who has cracked the screen on his Nook (ereader) and said that he would try Tucom for repairs. Personally I doubt that's possible, as they don't sell Nooks or Kindles in Tucom, so why on earth would they carry spare screens. A new screen for the Nook sells for over $50 on Ebay, so by the time you've paid for repairs it would be just be cheaper to buy a new reader. I don't know what replacement screens from Ebay cost for the Kindle, but I doubt if they are cheap.

Edited by giddyup

If you can get the spare parts from ebay, the shops can probably open up your machine and do it for you. As for having them order the necessary parts, it's probably impossible

Try calling amazon, they are quite accommodating even though your device might be out of warranty or broken due to misuse, I sat on my Kindle once and I explained it to them and they sent a new one to me right away.

Only thing is that you must call their service line, they won't answer emails.