Why Thai government tolerates farang biker gangs?

JJttttt1

What you find in Pattaya is retired middle managers with a life long suppressed outlaw thing going on suddenly moving out here and living out their fantasies. The shirt, tie and briefcase are long gone now replaced with leathers, a Harley, a tattoo(upper arm only) and a grey goatee beard. They can even get together with their mates, make up a back patch, give themselves a fearsome name and ride out like a proper outlaw biker gang. Just like the ones that used to terrify and fascinate them back home.

This lot are nothing more than bike enthusiasts playing at being Hells Angels or some other 1 per cent gang.. Something they wouldn't dream of doing in their home town in case they ran into real 1 percenters and also what would the neighbours or the guys at the golf club say.

Im not sure about Samui or Phuket but their Pattaya brethren are a pretty harmless lot.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"So why do Thais have to deal with a problem of a western culture?"

That is a pretty ignorant question. The world is round, we share it. Thai's don't have a divine right to be protected from foreigners, borders are a man-made thing. If anything I encourage more cultural exchange so we can all learn what works and what doesn't from each other.

JTT something... looks like you have a serious inferiority complex. Seldomly I have read a post here that was as short sighted, superficial and stupid than yours. With your mere 55 posts, you should be a little bit more careful on what you post here if you want to be taken seriously.

1 ) It appears that you have no idea whatsoever about how the biker communities here in Thailand work. With a few exceptions of MCs that are infamous worldwide for drugs, money laundering, human trafficking, etc., most MCs here in Thailand (Thai and Farang alike) build their clubs to have fun together, ride together and on top of all that do a huge amount of charity work and have "No Drugs" policies with members even being expelled for illegal drug use!

2 ) I have been at countless Bike Weeks (and I guess that you don't even know what the words "Bike Week" mean), and can tell you that never, ever I have seen violence, hatred, etc. on any bike weeks I attended. Mostly very good Thai bands like my favourite oldtimers Hin Lek Fai play there and people simply have fun over a couple of beers show their bikes, pay their respect to the organising group or MC of that particular bike event until everyone rights home peacefully and without disturbing or hurting anyone.

3 ) If you would ever be a part of an MC or any motorbike community (and by the amount of $#ite you were able to type in your relatively short and superficial comment, I am quite sure you will not fit in anywhere here as most serious bikers in Thailand have a brain and most of them are financially well off as custom bikes here are not cheap)... so if you ever were a member, you would quickly realize that the majority of MCs are groups of great guys who would give their last Baht for you and would be there for you in the middle of the night if you ever were in any trouble, because an MC is like a family and not just a bunch of drunk punks who give a toss about their friends and family. 99% of all bikers I know are great and very social guys who chip in dearly on any charity run I have ever been part of.

4) To answer your question: The Thai government tolerates and accepts Thai and foreign MCs, because these people stand for something and are a valuable positive force whenever it comes to charity events or public service. Many MC members I know even are Tourist Police volunteers! I very much doubt that you will ever read anything about violence amongst MCs in Thailand, as MCs here simply exist to have fun while doing everything by the book and on legal and acceptable terms and standards. Trust me when I say that a single 16 year old "Wai Loon" Thai boy on his pimped-up Honda Click, going 140km/h at night without ligh or functioning brakes is a 1.000 times more dangerous than 20 MC members riding in an organised group formation on their Harleys (a bike you certainly will never call your own).

5) There would be so much more to say to prove you wrong, but I'll stop here and simply assert that your comment has been written in pure envy, because you will never be a part of any MC or Biker Community here in Thailand, because they chose who will get in and who not - and an ignorant pottymouth who haven't got a clue what he's talking about will be at the very end of the cue, just like you. I imagine you sitting with tears of envy in your eyes on your 2nd hand Honda Dream gazing at those groups (families) of guys who live an adventurous life, ride a great bike, wear a jacket and colors with a beautiful bird riding pillion, bypassing people like you without even noticing, because whiners and complainers are simply not on their screen.

Thanks for that post! I was beginning to worry. Regards, Dave.

• Like 2

well ive waded through some sheeeite on here but the OP is 1 proper titttttt1. ive even noticed my 'outlaw' gang location mentioned (but incorrectly) ill cut n paste this to my grandpa tattooed chicken head biting off drug dealing club EL Presidente for his amusement. he will have time to read it because he doesnt need to spend time modifing his bike to make it noisey, thats how they come from the factory.....zzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh man , the original poster is a dead man now when the clubs find out they are being called grandpas..... :-)

It seems to me that they exercise quite a bit of power in Phuket and Samui. In Pattaya, with everything

locked down by either the Thai mafia ( police) or the Russian mafia, the clubs seem to tread carefully,

and simply drive their bikes around and go drinking. I simply cannot recall any biker trouble in Pattaya.

There are no gangs in Samui, save for pockets of local teens on chicken-chasers.

Great troll post by the OP.

Re Modifications; What about all the sidecars that we see every day, inc the odd one that goes like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3p7GEU

Get out of town much ?? Or do you own a bar in Samui?? Just google Bandidos Koh Samui to open your eyes a bit..... Here , let me help you...

http://www.crimeshots.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3862

"Police have arrested three members of the Bandidos, an international motorcycle gang allegedly engaged in Mafia-type activities, such as the drug trade and money laundering.

About 100 officers with the Department of Special Investigation (DSI), crime-suppression police and anti-money-laundering force participated in the raid on the suspects' hilltop house-cum-office on Samui Island, a popular tourist resort situated 450 kilometres south of Bangkok in the Gulf of Thailand. "

I don't need to do either to know that;

a) I'm right &

b ) The 'Bandinos' you are alluding were little more than a bunch of blokes on big bikes who 'bigged themselves up' with spectacular consequences.

Edited by evadgib

Would you mind PM ing your contact details..i could arrange a meeting with a couple of these gents, you know,.. face to face, then you could explain your words above so there's no misunderstanding what you really mean....You up for that?coffee1.gif

oh yeah, this is the best answer! I was waiting for it, man! So do you really think that a group which is bigger in number is always right? this primitive consciousness is a reason why some wicked-minded people need to be a part of the gang to feel themselves confident! the same happens in jails or in any societies where violence is effective.

1)even if no one shares my point of view it will not convince me I am not right

2)to come alone against a group a violence-minded people is not bravery but insanity

3)if I would go for such a meeting I would not do it alone, I have enough people to support me here, nevertheless we don't need neither to drive pathetic old-fashioned motorcycles nor wear ridiculous cloths

this mc gang members just don't realize how silly they look like in 21 century in there pitiful attempts to empathize there defective masculinity and to intimidate civilians. Just an inferiority complex

Edited by JJttttt1
  • Like 2

Most bike clubs here in Thailand do a large amount of charity work bringing much needed money for children's charities. So stop being an arse/troll.

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE Q6

if they are involved in any sort of illegal business, there is no difference how much money do they spend for charity, for sure it's less than they earn. Its a trivial story of a criminal spending a part of his dirty money for charity to improve the reputation and to sooth his conscience...

If I were a Thai police official I would make a goal of my life to get rid of such a thing. The biggest harm they make to a society is even not there illegal business - they teach youngsters in Thailand that violence against civilians is effective. This is an invaluable damage to the future, especially in a Buddhist country...

Then why doesn't get any politician sent to prison??? because the make modifications to the law?? their luxury cars?? make donations to charity?? And the red shirt politicians show youngsters in Thailand that violence is Okay, and do they follow any of the teachings of Buddha??

So mr. JJttttt1 if you can answer me these questions, then I can tell you why the police and government do not tackle this problem.

Fair enough, right??

• Like 1

I just laugh at them. They missed the boat back in 69 with "Easy rider" and now are making up for it. They drive those Honda Davis machines with push-button starts and soft tailed rides. And I'm sure with enough bought testosterone they feel they are on top of the world. I give it to em though because life is short. Let em live the dream.

• Like 2

I was traveling with some friends in north Thailand, and among the group was an American guy going around the world on a BMW bike. Very friendly guy, but built like a brick shithouse......Somehow the topic of Hell's Angels came up. I made the blithe statement that the Hell's Angels in America were heavily involved in drug trafficking.. He stares at me, and rolls up his arm to show a Hell's Angel tattoo on his arm, with an out date on it. My life flashed in front of me for a second, until he started laughing..... Not only was he in the club, he was an enforcer for them. He said he did debt collection for the club. Meaning the club would buy debt for pennies on the dollar, and then send him to collect the money.... And yes, he reluctantly admitted that some of the Hell's Angels chapters were in fact involved in drugs.

Very believable story; except that he rode a BMW. That is a no-no for them here in America. I live in Florida now, which Outlaws claim is there. H.A. thrives in California, and I know a couple from living out there. A 1000cc or bigger Harley is all they ride, and it's a requirement for membership; same with the Outlaws. No "rice burners" as they put it (Asian bikes). I sold my bike since my injuries and don't ride anymore, but still associate with those guys from both sides of the country and even Pagans MC have migrated to South Florida and got a clubhouse about 5 minutes from my house. Funny thing is they recruited my good friend to open a sub group, which is run under Pagan authority, but he named it something else. I went to their clubhouse grand opening party and bought a shirt for $20 that says, "Pagan MC: Coming to a neighborhood near you". Honestly, those guys were pretty cool, and voice their hate for Outlaws and H.A. Florida is a huge mecca for bikers, and I am just shocked to hear Thailand is, too. Guess I'll see in January when I move back to Chiang Mai and be more open in looking for that activity.

Here is his website, you can tell him yourself that he should have ridden a Harley around the world instead

of a BMW 650. I personally would be afraid to do that....wai2.gif

http://www.strikingviking.net/

That is a pretty ignorant question. The world is round, we share it. Thai's don't have a divine right to be protected from foreigners, borders are a man-made thing. If anything I encourage more cultural exchange so we can all learn what works and what doesn't from each other.

this is an ignorant answer! any country decides on what level of foreign culture to be involved with. For example, there is no western problems in neighboring Myanmar and many other countries. You can call them a dictator regimes or whatever, but the reality is they chose not to adopt a destructive western way of life. This is there choice, and you have nothing to do with that.

The guys involved in biker gangs are great guys, they live by a code which is alien to most of the people on here.

and I thought any alien coming here to Thailand from abroad should live according to the law of Thailand....

5) There would be so much more to say to prove you wrong, but I'll stop here and simply assert that your comment has been written in pure envy, because you will never be a part of any MC or Biker Community here in Thailand, because they chose who will get in and who not - and an ignorant pottymouth who haven't got a clue what he's talking about will be at the very end of the cue, just like you. I imagine you sitting with tears of envy in your eyes on your 2nd hand Honda Dream gazing at those groups (families) of guys who live an adventurous life, ride a great bike, wear a jacket and colors with a beautiful bird riding pillion, bypassing people like you without even noticing, because whiners and complainers are simply not on their screen.

or thanks for that awesome reply, I red it carefully, especially when you describe me in tears because of envy to MC gang members..

Actually I would consider a great shame for me to be a part of this primitive hierarchy...

May be it's hard for you to imagine, but a man can be happy without buying a most expensive (and most ugly) motorcycle, cloths, without having tattoos on his body (which I consider a sign of mental disability), without being a part of a gang, or anything like that.

For me it's ok to drive a second hand Honda Dream if it meets my requirements of convenience, functionality etc. Because I don't need to prove anything to anybody

Actually I feel so sad about low-incomed farangs who spend there pitiful pension to buy a useless toys just to show off.

They live in the cage in there own brain....

Edited by JJttttt1
  • Like 1

Then why doesn't get any politician sent to prison??? because the make modifications to the law?? their luxury cars?? make donations to charity?? And the red shirt politicians show youngsters in Thailand that violence is Okay, and do they follow any of the teachings of Buddha??

So mr. JJttttt1 if you can answer me these questions, then I can tell you why the police and government do not tackle this problem.

Fair enough, right??

willingly!

because they do it in your own country, and you are a guest here, not them. They don't ask about crimes of your beloved Barack Obama or his friends.

• Like 1

Frankly, the OP is a moron. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 8 years old. What, I should stop because I live in Thailand now and am over 50 and the OP is a whiny bitch ? F* him and his ignorant attitude. I've been a member of a local Motorcycle CLUB (MC) for 5 years now and have ridden to dozens of Bike Week events in different parts of the country, because that is mostly what we do. A bunch of FRIENDS and FAMILY get together, hop on their bikes and ride around the country.

Shock !!! And in all that time, and on all those rides, NONE of us has engaged in any "illegal business activities, such as money extortion, drug pushing, pimping etc". What a load of crap. Maybe the OP should get his head out of his (or someone else's) anal orifice and spend some time in reality, and actually check some FACTS first before posting such a load of utter sh*t again.

More shocking ! MOST of the CLUBs I know of are made up of Thais, with a few foreigners scattered around for flavor. There are a FEW clubs that are mostly foreigners, usually because of the language/culture. Many clubs are formed because a group FRIENDS with common interests get together and create a common identity (for example, one club I know is made up (mostly) of local Thai business owners, including hotel, restaurant and jewelry shop owners).

Even more shocking ! MOST of the CLUBs not only get along with each other just fine, they OFTEN spend considerable amounts of time and money on charity events (like the 16th Annual Jesters Care For Kids Children's Fair that was held today for example).

But apparently the OP thinks he knows more about the subject than the people who are actually in the various clubs. The fact that he calls Harley's "pathetic bikes" and says things like "low-incomed farangs who spend there pitiful pension to buy a useless toys" maybe gives a clue about where the OP is coming from.

What happened, did your 250 baht bar-fine decide to go home with some farang on a Harley instead of with you ? Is little snookums upset because he is the one trying to scrape by on his pension and is jealous of the "low-income farangs" with the "most expensive (and most ugly) motorcycle, cloths,".

For your information, not that I particularly GAF what you think, I am not "low-income" by any means, my Harley isn't the "most expensive" (but is the sexiest !) motorcycle, my clothes are not "expensive", the ONE, TINY tattoo I have ('DOC') is something I acquired during a night of drinking in basic training over 30 years ago and oh yeah, I am quite happy with my life and have absolutely no need to prove anything, to anyone.

So take you pathetic stereotyping and moronic attitude and stick them back up that @ss your head apparently spends most of it's time residing in.

(ps: ANYONE who uses Myanmar as a shining example of a country with "no western problems" should do humanity a favor and seriously consider trying to win the next annual Darwin Award.)

• Like 2

this is an ignorant answer! any country decides on what level of foreign culture to be involved with. For example, there is no western problems in neighboring Myanmar and many other countries. You can call them a dictator regimes or whatever, but the reality is they chose not to adopt a destructive western way of life. This is there choice, and you have nothing to do with that.

The guys involved in biker gangs are great guys, they live by a code which is alien to most of the people on here.

and I thought any alien coming here to Thailand from abroad should live according to the law of Thailand....

or thanks for that awesome reply, I red it carefully, especially when you describe me in tears because of envy to MC gang members..

Actually I would consider a great shame for me to be a part of this primitive hierarchy...

May be it's hard for you to imagine, but a man can be happy without buying a most expensive (and most ugly) motorcycle, cloths, without having tattoos on his body (which I consider a sign of mental disability), without being a part of a gang, or anything like that.

For me it's ok to drive a second hand Honda Dream if it meets my requirements of convenience, functionality etc. Because I don't need to prove anything to anybody

Actually I feel so sad about low-incomed farangs who spend there pitiful pension to buy a useless toys just to show off.

They live in the cage in there own brain....

awesome reply!

• Like 1

Read 'No Angel' by Jay Dobyns and you will realise what a useless waste of space these guys are and as for Oz, go download the doco about the fathers day massacre and the bikie wars and you will be left flabbergasted at how infantile grown men can be....seriously....

Edited by itchybum
  • Like 2

So they use that as a front for their illegal business practices.....but cos its for kids...it must be ok.

Most bikie gangs are full of weak minded gents that feel the need to belong and someone to back them up, hold thier hand, a shoulder to cry on.

They cannot function in a real world environment by themselves, they become jello.

Would you mind PM ing your contact details..i could arrange a meeting with a couple of these gents, you know,.. face to face, then you could explain your words above so there's no misunderstanding what you really mean....You up for that?coffee1.gif

Tough guy alert...

Mind you, polite tough guy alert.

Hmmm no PM received yet....

Me? Not at all a tough guy... [polite? yes siree!] I'd just like you to have the opportunity to say to their faces what you say when safely hidden behind your computer...sorta show if you are a man enough to put your point accross or not...

But i think we know the answer to that already....giggle.gif

My IP address is available....go your hardest big boy.

• Like 2

So they use that as a front for their illegal business practices.....but cos its for kids...it must be ok.

Most bikie gangs are full of weak minded gents that feel the need to belong and someone to back them up, hold thier hand, a shoulder to cry on.

They cannot function in a real world environment by themselves, they become jello.

Kind of like the VFW clubs.

Hellodolly...What kind of a remark is that? What harm has the VFW ever done here? Perhaps you were being facetious.

Indeed, what on earth does a biker gang have to do with the Veterans of foreign wars?

• Like 1

The Jesters MC had their annual "Care for Kid" Children's Fair today. It was an overwhelming success. They actually donate 100% of the proceeds to charity. Not even a take of gas is taken out of the kids money. The good they do for this community is an assert. The BS I have read in this thread like, I heard, someone told me, they must have. Do you really know anything. Again you people speak with no knowledge of what you speak of. Please use your google search engine and learn instead of talking out of turn.

• Like 1

And don't forget these illegal modifications they perform to there motorcycles, to increase the engine noise etc.

disturb normal citizens with there noise and reckless driving!

I am not in a Gang, I am not tattooed, no illegal activities to make money,

but, drive a small 400 CBR Fireblade Honda which is 20 years old and very loudrolleyes.gif !

Modified by Thais in that way as I bought it 12 years ago already.

I did nothing to improve sound or power !

But, I to, when I drive, could frighten normal drivers, now in Isaan, with my loud and sporty driving style. "Old, bad man" in rural Thailand. tongue.png

I think -JJttttt1- cannot even drive a Moto, is just the -Envy of those who can not drive, or and cannot buy!-

For your information, not that I particularly GAF what you think, I am not "low-income" by any means, my Harley isn't the "most expensive" (but is the sexiest !)

So do you <deleted> your Harley? Or it f*cks you?

sorry, I couldn't resist...

just can't imagine how a piece of metal could be sexy... is it similar to a lady for you? Or a man? Or an animal?

A Porsche is sex on wheels.

Frankly, the OP is a moron. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 8 years old. What, I should stop because I live in Thailand now and am over 50 and the OP is a whiny bitch ? F* him and his ignorant attitude. I've been a member of a local Motorcycle CLUB (MC) for 5 years now and have ridden to dozens of Bike Week events in different parts of the country, because that is mostly what we do. A bunch of FRIENDS and FAMILY get together, hop on their bikes and ride around the country.

Shock !!! And in all that time, and on all those rides, NONE of us has engaged in any "illegal business activities, such as money extortion, drug pushing, pimping etc". What a load of crap. Maybe the OP should get his head out of his (or someone else's) anal orifice and spend some time in reality, and actually check some FACTS first before posting such a load of utter sh*t again.

More shocking ! MOST of the CLUBs I know of are made up of Thais, with a few foreigners scattered around for flavor. There are a FEW clubs that are mostly foreigners, usually because of the language/culture. Many clubs are formed because a group FRIENDS with common interests get together and create a common identity (for example, one club I know is made up (mostly) of local Thai business owners, including hotel, restaurant and jewelry shop owners).

Even more shocking ! MOST of the CLUBs not only get along with each other just fine, they OFTEN spend considerable amounts of time and money on charity events (like the 16th Annual Jesters Care For Kids Children's Fair that was held today for example).

But apparently the OP thinks he knows more about the subject than the people who are actually in the various clubs. The fact that he calls Harley's "pathetic bikes" and says things like "low-incomed farangs who spend there pitiful pension to buy a useless toys" maybe gives a clue about where the OP is coming from.

What happened, did your 250 baht bar-fine decide to go home with some farang on a Harley instead of with you ? Is little snookums upset because he is the one trying to scrape by on his pension and is jealous of the "low-income farangs" with the "most expensive (and most ugly) motorcycle, cloths,".

For your information, not that I particularly GAF what you think, I am not "low-income" by any means, my Harley isn't the "most expensive" (but is the sexiest !) motorcycle, my clothes are not "expensive", the ONE, TINY tattoo I have ('DOC') is something I acquired during a night of drinking in basic training over 30 years ago and oh yeah, I am quite happy with my life and have absolutely no need to prove anything, to anyone.

So take you pathetic stereotyping and moronic attitude and stick them back up that @ss your head apparently spends most of it's time residing in.

(ps: ANYONE who uses Myanmar as a shining example of a country with "no western problems" should do humanity a favor and seriously consider trying to win the next annual Darwin Award.)

Well said

Never mind the bikers, what about the gangs of 'golfers' who go on the rampage regularly, standing around blinding people with their outrageously LOUD clothing and vast frames. They congregate in 'golf clubs' and are frequently seen talking about their latest 'wedge' or 'driver' which cause extreme boredom to any outsider. Rarely do you see these 'golfers' without their 'gin and tonic' in hand. Most of these 'golfers' are so-called 'businessmen' who avoid taxes, drive over the speed limit and wear offensive 'after shave' with impunity. Their main objective is to destroy as much pleasant countryside by setting up their 'golf clubs' in inappropriate places and terrorising the locals with their aggressive driving and putting. A lot of these 'golfers' like to think they are well connected with the local authoritarian figures and many even dabble in 'masonry', to increase their inflated egos.

These scum are heavily involved in the slavery trade, paying peanuts for local women known as 'caddies' who have is to carry around the collection of weaponry these reprobates all have.

These people are dangerous and should be avoided. Its no use complaining to the authorities as most of them are up to their necks in 'playing golf', sometimes even when they should be at work.

The problem of golfers is well known in places like the US, Australia and the UK where they are allowed to run free and go round in gangs talking loudly about how important they are. One particular gang can be identified by their uniform of Pringle sweaters, beige trousers and ridiculous shoes.

If you value your sanity you should keep well away from these gangs. Their addiction to 'golf' costs them a lot of money but they have to have their daily 'round' or they may suffer extreme withdrawal symptoms known as 'being slightly interesting'.

The situation will only get worse unless these golfing scum are prosecuted and deported for ruining society.

You have been warned.

Most of these people don't understand that Sarcasm is a form of communication to.