Domain Name Sale

Boater

I have 3 domain names that i would like to sell, they come with 3rd party hosting and are up and running

Question, what is the best method to sell these domain names on?, are there specific Domain name brokerages that can assist?,

Boater

I've sold a few on sedo, but only ever had luck with .com domains there and both of them were listed for years before they got a bite. They did make good profit though Posted Image

Do you pay a fee for using sedo ? Ie could I advertise elsewhere the domains for sale and get sedo to conduct to sale ?

Do you pay a fee for using sedo ? Ie could I advertise elsewhere the domains for sale and get sedo to conduct to sale ?

There's no advertising fee but there's a high commission on sales - 20% - this was fine for me since I wasn't actively marketing, just have a load of domains sat there.

If you're marketing yourself you might want to consider using the Domain Escrow service from Moniker - https://www.moniker.com/domainappraisalbrokerage/domainescrow.jsp in the event of a successful sale, the rates are lower than Sedo.

There's nothing to stop you listing on Sedo with a 20% increase in your desired price for them to market the domains to active domain buyers, and doing some marketing yourself and using Moniker Domain Escrow in the event you find a passive buyer personally - then you get the best of both worlds.

• 4 months later...