Bkk Traffic

Another rush hour in Bangkok gave me Hummer-like 'performance' from a SLK200. It took me 1 hour and 54 minutes to go 19 kilometers (11.8 miles). With an average speed 10 kph (6.2 mph) it burned petrol at the rate of 21.3 litres per 100 kilometers (11.4 mpg).

The outside temperature was 36 C (96.8 F). Though I had the roof down the A/C kept the car comfortable. I guess since I was traveling so slow my car behaved like one of those lie-flat freezers that you see in the market; what with the cool air not rising out of the container.

Another rush hour in Bangkok gave me Hummer-like 'performance' from a SLK200. It took me 1 hour and 54 minutes to go 19 kilometers (11.8 miles). With an average speed 10 kph (6.2 mph) it burned petrol at the rate of 21.3 litres per 100 kilometers (11.4 mpg).

The outside temperature was 36 C (96.8 F). Though I had the roof down the A/C kept the car comfortable. I guess since I was traveling so slow my car behaved like one of those lie-flat freezers that you see in the market; what with the cool air not rising out of the container.

This makes #500...unless they erase it.

interesting observation corkscrew, now i know i'm not alone. i live in the city, and i've been quite dissapointed about getting only around 4 km/ltr out of my 325i. i'm only averaging about 13.5 km/h in the city. outside temp has been consistently around 35 to 37 degrees celsius these past couple of weeks and i reckon the high ambient temperature plays a part in the poor fuel efficiency too. it'll cool down a bit in a couple more months, but then schools starts soon and so traffic can only get worse.

btw that's a nice er tatoo on #500. such intricate work, i could look at it all day. :o

Edited by thedude

interesting observation corkscrew, now i know i'm not alone. i live in the city, and i've been quite dissapointed about getting only around 4 km/ltr out of my 325i. i'm only averaging about 13.5 km/h in the city. outside temp has been consistently around 35 to 37 degrees celsius these past couple of weeks and i reckon the high ambient temperature plays a part in the poor fuel efficiency too. it'll cool down a bit in a couple more months, but then schools starts soon and so traffic can only get worse.

btw that's a nice er tatoo on #500. such intricate work, i could look at it all day. :o

Well I just filled up at PTT for a whopping 2,700baht... Shed a tear too. I had run ~450Kms on that tank, about 90liters, so about 5km/L... not the best, but better than the 325i... that's pretty terrible gas mileage you're getting...

It gets funnier when Bangkok people go complaining about up-country petrol prices. Then they say 'oh in Bangkok fuel is so much cheaper!'

Sure, but you get a lot further for the same money when you can do more than a 10 km/h average over 2 hours... :o