Burger king groupon

nickmanchester2

Yeah of course i eat thai food now and again, as jingthing says, its in my top 20 favourite styles of food. But, getting back to the subject of the post...

51% off a meal and over 1600 sold last time i looked - makes it 140b for a meal... i normally end up at bk once a week at least - but im not going for this deal, its a dangerous deal.

However this isnt the reason why, i wont go for it because they reason why is that they have a special thai menu (no, not somtam etc) burger and fries and a drink for 109b. All written in thai apart from the price which they should have done in thai as well as it kind of give the game away of how much it costs.

Yeah stupid post i know and yeah ill get flamed but wanted to ask if your bk has the 109b menu?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

OP, just say, ''Who craves a Whopper with Cheese'', MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, cos where I am there is none. sad.png

Now theres a business for you.... Transam's Burger Delights.....only one in town.

Hmmmmmmm, we now have a McD's in town BUT, they haven't a clue how to put a BigMac together and it is near cold,.... for my weekly fix, soooooo, l rarely go there. Thought about emailing the manager to complain as they just haven't got it right yet. I know Thia's eat stuff hot or cold but I am not Thai. sad.png

re

Well, its all advertised in Thai script,

sorry sad.png .. but your wrong !

its in little white letters in english at

the bottom

dave2

ps ... for 109 baht it wasnt bad so i went back a few weeks later and tried the 109 baht chicken offer

it was good but they didnt tell me it was

xxxxxxx spicy sad.png

so i came out of there sweating but happy

post-42592-0-94531400-1380757733_thumb.j

post-42592-0-16179400-1380757759_thumb.j

Edited by metisdead
  • Like 1

Groupon deals here in Australia are a very hit & miss adventure!

The restaurants in the main seem to use them as a last resort to push their business, but then end up giving you a lousy deal, quite short of what would be expected.

If you complain, they turn around and rubbish Groupon, stating that they were conned into the deal, and that they make nothing out of it.

I would estimate that only about 30 - 40% of the restaurant deals are worthwhile here, the rest are very poor value.

Stupid though, very poor tactics with Groupon & the Sellers as if they performed well in the first instance, would it not be a good lever for future business?

• Like 1

Every time I visit Bangkok I go to MBK BURGER KING. I am surprised we have none in Korat. Someone posted about cold food. In Korat the Mc Donalds always makes me fresh fries and a "Hot" double chesse burger. All you have to do is ask.

Nick, sure the small meal is 109 Baht - but it is a single small burger, it rotates between specials so you can not always have what you want - and there is no bacon, cheese Etc. finally the coke and french fries is bigger.

Now that said; for me the small meal is generally enuff - and when really hungry the whopper jr meal is plenty - so not a good deal for me either. :)

As was mentioned; notice the validity date of that Groupon - not valid for a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

re

Well, its all advertised in Thai script,

sorry sad.png .. but your wrong !

its in little white letters in english at

the bottom

dave2

ps ... for 109 baht it wasnt bad so i went back a few weeks later and tried the 109 baht chicken offer

it was good but they didnt tell me it was

xxxxxxx spicy sad.png

so i came out of there sweating but happy

I automatically assume that everything on a Thai language menu will be "spicy". Even food that my wife claims to be "not spicy" is too hot for me. Last time I went to a fast food restaurant even the ketchup was spicy.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

I love McDonald's... Awesome burgers,...

Where I live there is no Macs, so when I am in Chiang Mai I often stop off there for a burger meal, just to indulge once in a while. What surprises me though, is the number of Thai people that pay 3 times the price of an average Thai meal, especially children. It's like Macs is a "cool" place instead of the low end cheap eatery it is in western countries.

Pity some Thai entrepreneur can't start a fast food chain selling healthier and cheaper Thai dishes. That might slow the growth rate of Thai obesity a little.