Seven factories forced to temporarily close due to floods

webfact

Industry Min: Industrial sites in Pathum Thani will not be flooded

PATHUM THANI, 5 October 2013 (NNT) - The Industry Ministry has assured businesses that factories in two major industrial estates in Pathum Thani province are well protected against flooding.

Permanent Secretary of the Industry Ministry Witoon Simachokedee led a team of delegates to inspect flood protection measures for Bang Kadi and Navanakorn industrial estates in Pathum Thani province.

It seems that when some "Official" makes these kind of statements there is a hi-probability of flooding.

When they built the dykes around the facilities, they neglated to mention that its still a flood plain and the high water on all 4 sides, may have an effect on year end production/profit.

I was thinking the same. If any of them produce perishables, I hope they are well endowed with freezers.

You have to love this country! Peoples houses are flooded to the roof, and the government are helping them by giving them an extension with payment of their electricity-bill!!cheesy.gif

Wonder if Khun Jeerasak have got the numbers from his boss, the now sulking Chalerm?burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

First line says 7 factories affecting 200 people, two lines down it is 431 factories and 6726 people ??

All this flooding can not be good for people with a tendency for ear-infections !

"All this flooding can not be good for people with a tendency for ear-infections!"

Written yesterday. Today our dear friend was admitted to hospital. Nothing to do with his ears though, but according to the news a bleeding in the brain.

I know this is an invitation to a lot of stupid comments, Show some respect and refrain!thumbsup.gif

Huh?

I seem to remember this comment being made long before that story hit. Stop being so sensitive.

You have to love this country! Peoples houses are flooded to the roof, and the government are helping them by giving them an extension with payment of their electricity-bill!!cheesy.gif

Wonder if Khun Jeerasak have got the numbers from his boss, the now sulking Chalerm?burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

First line says 7 factories affecting 200 people, two lines down it is 431 factories and 6726 people ??

All this flooding can not be good for people with a tendency for ear-infections !

I think you may need to read the OP again.

The 7 factories were closed affecting 200 people.

The flooding hindered operations of 431 factories employing 6,726 workers.

Hindered. Great.

Is that before or after inconvenienced, likewise disrupted?

Well alphabetically it's before inconvenienced and after disrupted although that might not be the case in Thai script as it would have been in the initial statement.

Seriously though I was just trying to make the point that it's important to read a statement properly before complaining about it otherwise you can end up looking a bit stupid. I notice there's been no reply from soi41.

I'm sorry if my grasp of English disrupted, hindered or inconvenienced soi41's attempt to make a valid complaint about Mr Jeerasak's statement. smile.png