Thai Army Chief Prayuth cautions media against criticism

webfact

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does he mean by telling the media to be cautious when reporting court proceedings relating the military's role in the events of 2010? Their job is just to report what happened in court or does he mean they should not report anything or always report that the army was exonerated, even if they weren't. Seems a strange statement for an army chief.

The problem that I have with his statement is that he clearly intends (through the report) to intimidate the witnesses.
  • Like 1

Quite a warning shot across the media's bow. Disturbing and deeply disturbed.

I don't think it's disturbing at all - lets not forget who this is most likely directed at when you consider the red shirt movement has it's own TV media channel and constantly spout out verbal garbage every day directed at were and who ever they feel is getting in their way

I don't think anything he said is directed at the general media - it's a clear shot across the bows of this government and it's red propaganda machine IMO

The 3 pillars of Thainess. That old chestnut...covered up many a discretion as that

Thailand is like a stool, with its 3 legs (religion, monarchy and the flag) but like any other stool, take any of the 3 legs away and its sure to collapse

Thailand is like a stool... I took this with a slightly different meaning. If the pun was intended, bravo!