Do You Or Your Partner Have Tattoos?

Do You or Your Partner Have Tattoos?  

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What .. with rings in your ears and nuts and bolts through your nose it all seems to be some kind of fashion statement.

Thought it was only pirates that went in for all that sort of stuff.

One guy in our local pub was not only tattoed all over but had about 2 kilo of pins ,screws and things like staples on his face..like something from the black lagoon...still wot ever turns you on I suppose.....

Dont recon he ever went on holiday since customs couldnt possibly have let him through the scanner :o

As I cruise about in BKK and Pattaya, I notice not only large #s of farangs and TGs with tattoos but also a massive amount of tattoo shops. I'm trying to get a feel for how popular they are in Thailand percentage wise. Thanks Q4F

Dunno if that shows that tattoos are popular in Thailand - maybe only that Thailand attracts a lot of farangs who have / like tattoos... :o

As I cruise about in BKK and Pattaya, I notice not only large #s of farangs and TGs with tattoos but also a massive amount of tattoo shops. I'm trying to get a feel for how popular they are in Thailand percentage wise. Thanks Q4F

I think you may have answered your own question here... :D

both arms above my elbows are tattooed, i also have a fairly large tattoo of the buddha on my back... I refuse to get into an argument about tattoos -

I happen to like mine - and have no regrets since having them done

as for anyone elses - frankly my dear, i couldnt give a shit

the reasons that someone may have for tattooing themselves, whether a full suit or just a small symbol on their shoulder is something personal to that person - no matter how trivial

yes i know there are loads of backpackers and the like in thailand and everywhere else that just want to be inked up to fit the bill.. but for others there could be great meaning to why they took that decission, and i dont think its particularly fair to assume otherwise.

people, however, will always remain separated on this - and for that reason im shutting up

just my 2 satangs worth :o

I have 3 tattoos, when I got when I was bleezing drunk. They're religious ones. I hate the wife to get any. The only good one I have seen on a girl was that of a flowery bracelet.

Tatoos tell a lot about the person, IMO.

theres no poll answer for farang women, so i will put my own vote in.

i have a gecko on my top right outer thigh. a yan on my upper back.

and i got my eyeliner tattoed on. upper and lower lids. that may count as another 4!

and i agree wholeheartedly with rio666uk's comments. its MY decision. MY skin. i do not regret getting mine for a second. they are very personal and they can easily be 'hidden' if need be.

Where is the option for "both"??

I have 3, as does my GF.

I have no issues at all with my GF having tats. Hers are actually very sexy, although I have seen some that are crap and unattractive on other girls.

and i got my eyeliner tattoed on. upper and lower lids. that may count as another 4!

i know alot of thai women have this done...

a mate of mines wife had it done - and not supprisingly her eyes were very puffy for a day or two afterwards...

donna - does it hurt like hel_l or what?

ohhhh yeeaaahhhh!

it REALLY hurt. no anaesthetic. my friends in the shop kept on telling me to get it done. i got sickof them pestering me and said to them 'do it now or i will never let you touch me again'.

so they did it.

took about 40 mins in total, about 10 of this being actual needle work.

my eyes were puffy for about 3 days, and i looked like a cheap woman whose mascara had run when i first looked in the mirror.

they gave me antibiotic ointment to ward off any potential infection and after 3 days my eyes looked great.

Numerous Dragons, each one tells its own story, I'm happy with them.

Each to their own ect......

Oh! Yes, your dragon tats is one of the best i've seen ..

Explorer :o

Edit/ Forgot to mention here - I got 4 (various designs) so far and like TheAceFace put it "each one tells its own story"

Edited by Explorer

ohhhh yeeaaahhhh!

it REALLY hurt. no anaesthetic. my friends in the shop kept on telling me to get it done. i got sickof them pestering me and said to them 'do it now or i will never let you touch me again'.

so they did it.

took about 40 mins in total, about 10 of this being actual needle work.

my eyes were puffy for about 3 days, and i looked like a cheap woman whose mascara had run when i first looked in the mirror.

they gave me antibiotic ointment to ward off any potential infection and after 3 days my eyes looked great.

ouch - what was the other 30mins for then - prep work eh... jeeez that does make me cringe thinking about that -

i take it thats your eye in the pic - well whoevers eye it is - i particularly like the standing buddha on your window ledge :D

although someone could have tidied the place up a bit before taking the photo :o

and i got my eyeliner tattoed on

A friend's wife had the same eyeliner tattoos (plus eyebrows). She said it was the most painful thing in her life (and she has 3 kids!!!). She tried to leave after just one eye because it hurt too much - they had to convince her that she had crossed the Rubicon so to speak.

She's Thai and had her nose done at the same time (later the same day) - the bridge job. She looked like she'd gone three rounds with Henry Cooper the day after.

I haven't got any tattoos myself. I don't have anything against it and sometimes i think about what i would like to have tattood on my body. Problem is i can't think of anything i like so i quess i just keep it this way.

My gf has a small tattoo on her wrist. Something her friends made her do when she was drunk a long long time ago. It gave her problems finding jobs and she really doesn't like it. I bought her a nice (s)watch to cover it up. Quess she's lucky the tattoo is in the right spot for a watch. The tattoo is the chinese symbol for 'dragon'.

You forgot the options: I do but he does not

He does but I do not :o

But I voted for : neither of us do. I am a wimp and my husband is old fashioned, he grew up believing that most people with tattoos got them in jail.

Just think about it......in fifty years time there's gonna be an awful lot of old ladies with sagging skin covered in tattoos. :D

Just think, in fifty years time there's gonna be an awful lot of old men with sagging skin covered in tattoos :o

My dad got tattoos when he was a young man in the airforce. Now that he's older they have faded and stretched. He went into a tattoo parlor to get them redone (since its been too long to laser off he thought "well, at least make them look good") and the man in the tattoo parlor refused to touch them. They were antiques!

My dad was not amused. :D

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I have three small ones myself. All three of them mean something significant to me and I didn't just get them to be trendy either. My first one was done in 1995, way before the tattoo craze. One on my lower leg is dedicated to my deceased father. Another on my right shoulder blade is something written in Thai that is important to me. Lastly, I have another on my left shoulder blade thats written in Chinese that is also important to me. All of them are small and can be easily concealed if need be.

My wife had a small one done on her lower back which she got as a dedication to me. :o

Edited by TRIPxCORE

Just think about it......in fifty years time there's gonna be an awful lot of old ladies with sagging skin covered in tattoos. :D

Just think, in fifty years time there's gonna be an awful lot of old men with sagging skin covered in tattoos :o

My dad got tattoos when he was a young man in the airforce. Now that he's older they have faded and stretched. He went into a tattoo parlor to get them redone (since its been too long to laser off he thought "well, at least make them look good") and the man in the tattoo parlor refused to touch them. They were antiques!

My dad was not amused. :D

:D Oh, that's funny! Was the artist serious?

No for me ( not my cup of tea at all) and yes for the Misses, she has one of those squigly (spelling?) things on her lower back done before we met. I don't like it but not a lot that can be done, if it were to be lazered off she would have a great big scar. A ex persuaded her to have it done, he thought it was sexy, now she regrets it.

I haven't got any tattoos myself. I don't have anything against it and sometimes i think about what i would like to have tattood on my body. Problem is i can't think of anything i like so i quess i just keep it this way.

Good lad - you should be 100% positive on what you want and think about it for a long time. If you aren't sure don't get one because the tat is permanent and you'll have regrets for a lifetime if you don't like it. I thought about mine for years before I took the leap. I'm thinking about another - about certain what I will get, just waiting for the right time between my business trips. (will take 3 sittings - least thats what my artist has told me)

My gf has a small tattoo on her wrist. Something her friends made her do when she was drunk a long long time ago. It gave her problems finding jobs and she really doesn't like it. I bought her a nice (s)watch to cover it up. Quess she's lucky the tattoo is in the right spot for a watch. The tattoo is the chinese symbol for 'dragon'.

If the tattoo is just black ink it can be removed completely with laser. Some colours can be a problem.

If she has olive skin, the laser will cause the pigmentation to change slightly to a whitish patch, but that is a small price to pay to permanently remove something she dislikes.

The Dude, no tats. The Dude's hot gf, no tats. Both will never ever get cause they have no shovels reserved for tats cause they no dig. Tats for others are cool by The Dude though and will toss shovels to anyone who digs. Dig?